Celiac Knowledgeable Server

aliceinvunderland

Mouseketeer
The time has come for me to call DCL to make note of my gluten allergy (celiac disease). Last year our MDR server was less than helpful, which was disappointing and required a lot of effort on my part to get my meals preordered and double (and triple) check to make sure everything I was served was indeed gluten free. Can anyone recommend a server on the Fantasy who is very knowledgeable and helpful with Celiac disease/allergies? Thanks so much!!

I hope you find one! We just called to put in our allergy note for our trip spring 2021. We made sure to have them note on there that our previous experience with the dining crew on wonder was below par with our food allergies and now with celiac we need to make sure they know what they are doing. Because they didn't on the Wonder!

I hope you find one! We just called to put in our allergy note for our trip spring 2021. We made sure to have them note on there that our previous experience with the dining crew on wonder was below par with our food allergies and now with celiac we need to make sure they know what they are doing. Because they didn't on the Wonder!

Ours was also on the Wonder! I had very good luck at the quick serve places on the pool deck, and Cabanas was wonderful and so helpful, but our MDR server and head server were both fairly clueless and I had to remind them several times each meal. I’ll make sure to note that when I call, and hopefully they’ll be able to put me with someone knowledgeable. Thanks!!

just curious....on previous DCL cruises with celiac/allergies did you share a table or have your own? I just think it would be easier if we had our own table.

Cannot help in terms of a server. However, DW is gf and we have come to depend on the Head Servers rather than the server/assistant server. On the Fantasy, we prefer Head Server Wira Wirajaya from Indonesia. He has been outstanding in managing DW’s dietary limitations. He does an excellent job of working with (and training as necessary) the servers and assistant servers we have been assigned when in his section. We first had him as Head Server on the Magic (twice) before he moved to the Fantasy and have now completed two Fantasy cruises with a third one coming up next month for which we have requested him.

One of the main reasons we sail DCL is because they are so good with my husband's food sensitivities. While he isn't celiac, he cannot tolerate gluten (had 11 inches of colon removed because of gluten). I think you just had a very untrained server.

You can note your gluten sensitivity on your reservation before you sail. The first night, tell your head server about it. On our last cruise, they had my husband preorder his meals the night before. Our server would give him a menu and have him pick out some stuff, then the head server would go over everything to make sure it was clean and they said it was prepared without cross contamination.

If you get a bad server again, ask to be moved to a different server's area. They have way too many good servers who know about this issue to sit and deal with one who doesn't.

If your server is having issues you need to talk to the head server. That is what they are there for. The head servers can help sort out any issues you are having.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter