Celebration of Harry Potter Films, Nov 11-13, at Islands of Adventure

Don't be negative about it or it'll ruin your trip. Let me tell you this. The first 30 minutes it sold out. I was assuming they have 1500 or so packages. 150 seems unbelievable. We got one of the packages but tried to add a second in the same call and they said NO it was sold out while we were on the phone. The only reason we called was we got locked up after purchase and didn't know if it took. It did but the whole thing was a blazing nightmare of convoluted crap. It was not self explanatory as to what a partner hotel was, how much they were etc. There was no way to check that out ahead of time really and if you hesitated to debate prices or what something meant and you went to look up anything, you lost out. you had to pick fast and hit that submit button.

Lesson learned for your next venture I guess.

Don't worry too much. I have been hearing rumors that you might get into the gala. They may allow more after re-evaluating, but remember it's not fair to the people who paid that large amount of money and who stayed up or stayed home and were hovering over that button .... they wanted it just as bad and worked and paid hard for it. No biggie on the autographs really. For those of you interested in autographs, there are places to get them. Contact me off site and I can give you places to go.

If you've not gone to WWOHP yet, then you will have fun. I can give you tips.

1) as soon as you enter the park, you will enter early. You can ONLY go there to that section as the other parts of the park will not be open for another hour. HOWEVER, they will open a couple souvenir shops. Do NOT stop there. Go straight to WWOHP and make your first stop Ollivanders. Do not stop and take photos of the train or anything. TRUST ME ON THIS. If you want to do Ollivander's, it's your first stop

2) immediately after, head over to the 3D ride inside the castle (Forbidden Journey).

3) Check your times and don't miss the Frog CHoir and the Tri-Wizards students who will sing/dance

Then you are free to lolligag on the Dueling Dragons or Hippogriff ride and check out the shops. The most crowded shop is the one out of Ollivanders so do that first after your gig in Ollivanders because early in the AM it's the least crowded. Though still a madhouse. Make it a point to use the restroom or you'll miss hearing Moaning Myrtle. Look around EVERYWHERE to maximize your experience. Look in the shop windows, look in the shops for things like the Book of Monsters and SkeleGrow and look for extendable ears when you buy your chocolate frogs.... don't forget to go into the Hogs Head and Three Broomsticks even if you are just going to get a drink. It's worth taking a look inside.

You will have fun. The whole experience is not that gala and autograph session. Besides, it's not a fancy thing. We were told to wear regular jeans and such whatever you wear in the park. That isn't fancy! lol I am not sure what that is going to entail but what I am envisioning, is a meal in the park, probably in one of the two eateries and maybe characters dressed up walking around? Perhaps photos being taken and some music playing or something. I don't think it's going to be mind blowing.

Maybe I am cautiously optimistic. If I go in expecting something low key and it's more it'll be great and at least I won't be disappointed. As for those just missing the other package, you are in the same boat with thousands of others (and I've been there hundreds of times on so many things I can't count). You undoubtedly will have another shot at it. They'll do it again if it's a success. I know because they did that with the Star Wars celebrations. They have them every two years!

I was also told 150 premiere tickets were sold in the US. I know it is not much at all but that just makes the premiere events more amazing for those w the tickets. It will be a great event no matter what though. It will be my first time there so I'm excited to just be going.

Yep, it will be fun no matter what. The rides are soooo fun! The weather will be nice hopefully and you'll meet others... just have a great time gala or not! I know you all will!

I can't wait until next month when we will all get more information. It feels like it is taking forever, but I know that the anticipation will just make it even better. Knowing more about it less than a month from the celebration I think will make us all more excited for the last few weeks before we leave. :) It just stinks waiting for the information right now since I hate waiting. LOL! It is like my kids waiting for Christmas morning. :P

i am aware of the difference between the premiere package and the celebration package, as i too was one of those people who sat at home waiting for them to be made available, all set to purchase the premiere package and then...couldn't due to website issues & their call centre being overloaded.

having said that, my original question was in relation to whether anyone had heard anything about those who only booked the celebration package being able to add on the autograph session or gala at another date, or whether they were making these functions available/having a competition/random drawing or something.

the website currently says that select people may be able to attend the gala or autograph sessions & more information is being made available at a later date...

Hi, I must be one of the rare ones who wishes this celebration weekend wasn't slap bang in the middle of my holiday as it now means I have to change our plans as we had decided to go to Universal on the 11th and IoA on the 14th.

To all those going to the celebration weekend, could you tell me if you'll all be in IoA on the 11th making US quieter? I'm aware that it's Veterans Day and Jersey Week (could it get any worse!) too which could bring in the crowds but I'm wondering if I need to change my plans?

Many thanks, your advice would really be appreciated.

Hi, I must be one of the rare ones who wishes this celebration weekend wasn't slap bang in the middle of my holiday as it now means I have to change our plans as we had decided to go to Universal on the 11th and IoA on the 14th.

To all those going to the celebration weekend, could you tell me if you'll all be in IoA on the 11th making US quieter? I'm aware that it's Veterans Day and Jersey Week (could it get any worse!) too which could bring in the crowds but I'm wondering if I need to change my plans?

Many thanks, your advice would really be appreciated.

We booked back in May for a room on Nov 10th with intentions for early access to HP on the 11th and then off to Disney. Now I am kind of dreading it. The park is going to be packed. It would be great if we were able to get the access to events that the site has said will be released but nothing has been said yet.
Since people had to book at least 3 days for the package, it is going to be crowded on the 14th too. The 14th might be a little better in IO because the event will be over and locals will not be there for hopes of a glimce of someone and I would assume US will be more crowded because now the people with the packages will go there because nothing at HP/IOA will be going on.

I cant speak for others going for the Celebration but we purchased the park to park passes for our package and will just go back and forth depending on the crowds. I assume most there for the Celebration will do early entry on the 11th since that is the first day of the Celebration(everyone on the Celebration package gets early entry regardless if you stay onsite or offsite). It is hard to determine what the crowds will be on what days as anyone there for the Celebration had different options for the autograph signing and Q&A's. There were times you could choose from on all 3 days. However the 14th might be the quietest of the days to choose from.

i'm in the same boat... we originally planned our vacation for nov thinking quiet crowds... then the celebration/premier package was added and hey presto... massive crowd levels :mad:

so... for us, we're going 12-16 nov, so we're hoping by 13 and 14 it might have died down a little as most will want to be there for 11/12 and then for 15-16 nov, hopefully we will have the opportunity to spend some time with lesser crowds :woohoo: we also did the park to park passes as part of our package so i imagine we'll be park hopping too :)

i'm in the same boat... we originally planned our vacation for nov thinking quiet crowds... then the celebration/premier package was added and hey presto... massive crowd levels :mad:

so... for us, we're going 12-16 nov, so we're hoping by 13 and 14 it might have died down a little as most will want to be there for 11/12 and then for 15-16 nov, hopefully we will have the opportunity to spend some time with lesser crowds :woohoo: we also did the park to park passes as part of our package so i imagine we'll be park hopping too :)

We have the premier package for 2 and are coming in the evening of the 10th and leaving on the 14th. We'll be there for early arrival on the 11th since we have breakfast at 9am that day. The other days, we are likely to do other things working around our Q&A (the 12th at 1pm) and autograph session (the 13th at 5:30pm). We're planning to go to Sea World while we are down there and we want to enjoy our resort a bit since we were one of the lucky ones and managed to get Hard Rock. I think the 14th will definitely be a quiet day and since we aren't leaving until the afternoon, we might do early entry again that day.

We have the premier package for 2 and are coming in the evening of the 10th and leaving on the 14th. We'll be there for early arrival on the 11th since we have breakfast at 9am that day. The other days, we are likely to do other things working around our Q&A (the 12th at 1pm) and autograph session (the 13th at 5:30pm). We're planning to go to Sea World while we are down there and we want to enjoy our resort a bit since we were one of the lucky ones and managed to get Hard Rock. I think the 14th will definitely be a quiet day and since we aren't leaving until the afternoon, we might do early entry again that day.

Yay! Another lucky one. :)

Only like a month until we get the email with more information about the trip. I wonder if we will know who is coming before then or if we will find that out in our email. I was wondering that the other day, since I haven't heard anything about who is coming still. Maybe they want it to be a surprise, since if they announce it too early then lots more ppl will plan to just come to the park to try to get a glimpse of the stars...but if they wait then they can give those who are locals a deal of sorts at that point without a huge group of ppl coming without the special tickets? I dunno. I guess we will find out. :)

I'm getting a bit worried that no bluray/dvd release date has been announced concerning HP#7 movie two. I kind of figured the celebration would coincide with the release but maybe not. So I wonder what bluray package we'll be getting? WIll it include the final movie? I hope so, you'd think it would. But why haven't they announced a release date yet? Weird.

I'm getting a bit worried that no bluray/dvd release date has been announced concerning HP#7 movie two. I kind of figured the celebration would coincide with the release but maybe not. So I wonder what bluray package we'll be getting? WIll it include the final movie? I hope so, you'd think it would. But why haven't they announced a release date yet? Weird.

Deathly Hallows Pt 2 is being released on DVD Nov 11th, right at the start of the film celebration. WB has announced pre-orders available as of today.

WOOOHOO!! I just got the email too and jumped on here to post the same thing. Free shipping through WB Insider rewards for pre-orders before Oct 3rd. Or 4th. Can't remember.
Anyway this makes me happy. Finally they announce it!

Here it is and it sucks. http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=7384 It doesn't come with DVDs, digital downloads, no special items, nor even the basic "bonus disc(s)" you'd expect to see on any quality item. It's one basic blu ray movie disc for each film and that's it. NOT thrilled. Better than none for sure so I guess I shouldn't complain. But seeing as we paid a lot to go and they said they always try to make it special for these events, I am a bit disappointed.

The guest list should be forthcoming soon. We already know the big names are not going to be. So more disappointment.

the names are here! The names are here!!

http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-p...izarding-world-celebration-in-november-85651/

Warner Bros announced the list of cast from the Harry Potter films that will be attending the Harry Potter celebration at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter from November 11-13, 2011. That tentative list, of which more actors and crew may be added, can be read below.

The release of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2” will also be marked by a special celebration at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando Resort, where the Harry Potter stories live on. The Harry Potter Home Entertainment Celebration will consist of a series of special events to be attended by cast and filmmakers from the Harry Potter films.

The three-day celebration will take place from Friday, November 11 to Sunday, November 13. Cast and filmmakers expected to be in attendance include James and Oliver Phelps (Fred and George Weasley), Warwick Davis (Professor Flitwick, Griphook), Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood), Mark Williams (Arthur Weasley), David Bradley (Argus Filch), Jessie Cave (Lavender Brown) and many more to be named later*.

*Talent attendees subject to change without notice
We will have much more on this, including who may be added, close to the event's opening.

All details and information can be found here. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is now open to the public. Click here to plan your vacation package – with special access and perks!

Here it is and it sucks. http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=7384 It doesn't come with DVDs, digital downloads, no special items, nor even the basic "bonus disc(s)" you'd expect to see on any quality item. It's one basic blu ray movie disc for each film and that's it. NOT thrilled. Better than none for sure so I guess I shouldn't complain. But seeing as we paid a lot to go and they said they always try to make it special for these events, I am a bit disappointed.

The guest list should be forthcoming soon. We already know the big names are not going to be. So more disappointment.

As of right now, this set is what WB is releasing, so unless Universal is getting a special set created for the event, they are kind of limited in what they can offer. Either way the 8-disk set is $135 when that price is figured into the packages along with hotel, park tickets, M&G's, Q&A's and the Gala I think the price for the packages was more than fair. :confused3

I am really excited about the list of who will be there as of right now. I know more will be added later on, and as of right now there is James and Oliver Phelps (Fred and George Weasley), Warwick Davis (Professor Flitwick, Griphook), Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood), Mark Williams (Arthur Weasley), David Bradley (Argus Filch), Jessie Cave (Lavender Brown). I'd love to meet the Weasley twins and Luna Lovegood especially. :)

Sweet. WEll I'm just glad it will include the 8th movie. I was 90% sure it would but they kept putting off announcing it's release.
Dahoov2 I think most HP fans are going to have the better blu-rays and dvds anyway. I know we have all of them on dvd from me and my husband had all the extended special blu-rays (up to 6 I think is out). So we really don't need the set, but what we wanted to do was have someone buy the star wars set and swap us for the HP set. However, since they didn't release the info before star wars came out we decided just to buy it. NOw I think we are going to give it to my sis in law for xmas. :santa:
As for who is going to be there I have said over and over I don't care much if I see the three main actors. I think its great that so many secondary characters will be there. :-) You see alot of mainstream media interviews with the big three (like Leno, today show, etc) but not many with the others. :happytv: So it'll be great. Just wish we could go to the gala. Lack of $$ stopped us. Oh well. We'll have a super good time anyway. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter