Celebration At The Top- sushi & allergies?

gottalovepluto

DIS Veteran
2 things as I consider this event…

1. half the group is lactose intolerant, will Disney work with them/ have options for them or will it be tough luck?

2. Most of us aren’t big on sushi/sashimi (yes to shrimp all day though lol), is there still a selection of other food or is it like here is the one thing that isn’t raw and there is dessert…

We went in September and really enjoyed it! It was a splurge for sure though and I think the value will depend on what you can eat and drink. The lactose intolerance will be tricky. Many things had cheese and quite a few of the desserts were mousse/cream based. Disney tends to be pretty good with working with food restrictions but I'm not sure if they would bring your dining party different options or just point out what they could have amongst the available offerings. They do also have a full bar and kept the drinks flowing.

Here's what was available in September. I imagine this is fairly standard but a few items might switch out.
IMG_4824.JPG
Sushi offerings (none had raw fish, and there was only one dish of a salmon/tuna sashimi out). They had a cucumber roll, a shrimp tempura roll and California roll.

IMG_4829.JPG
Jumbo cocktail shrimp

IMG_4830.JPG
Smoked salmon on toast (contains creme fresh)

IMG_4831.JPG
Their famous goat cheese ravioli

IMG_4832.JPG
Zucchini focaccia - this also contained cheese

IMG_4828.JPGPork katsu sandwiches and mini sliders. The sliders had cheese or maybe a cheese sauce on them.

IMG_4838.JPG Dessert offerings clockwise from top: strawberry cheesecake, lemon meringue tart, tropical fruit tart, chocolate espresso brownie and chocolate hazelnut mousse.

We went in September and really enjoyed it! It was a splurge for sure though and I think the value will depend on what you can eat and drink. The lactose intolerance will be tricky. Many things had cheese and quite a few of the desserts were mousse/cream based. Disney tends to be pretty good with working with food restrictions but I'm not sure if they would bring your dining party different options or just point out what they could have amongst the available offerings. They do also have a full bar and kept the drinks flowing.

Here's what was available in September. I imagine this is fairly standard but a few items might switch out.
View attachment 824442
Sushi offerings (none had raw fish, and there was only one dish of a salmon/tuna sashimi out). They had a cucumber roll, a shrimp tempura roll and California roll.

View attachment 824444
Jumbo cocktail shrimp

View attachment 824445

View attachment 824446

View attachment 824447

View attachment 824448Pork katsu sandwiches and mini sliders. The sliders had cheese or maybe a cheese sauce on them.

View attachment 824449 Dessert offerings clockwise from top: strawberry cheesecake, lemon meringue tart, tropical fruit tart, chocolate espresso brownie and chocolate hazelnut mousse.
The focaccia is new since we last went. Was there no lobster bisque? Great photos!

2 things as I consider this event…

1. half the group is lactose intolerant, will Disney work with them/ have options for them or will it be tough luck?

2. Most of us aren’t big on sushi/sashimi (yes to shrimp all day though lol), is there still a selection of other food or is it like here is the one thing that isn’t raw and there is dessert…
we were asked at every meal we sat down for on our Nov trip if we had any food allergies so my guess would be that they could somehow accommodate in at least a limited fashion

View attachment 824442

View attachment 824444
Jumbo cocktail shrimp

View attachment 824445

View attachment 824446

View attachment 824447

View attachment 824448Pork katsu sandwiches and mini sliders. The sliders had cheese or maybe a cheese sauce on them.

View attachment 824449 Dessert offerings clockwise from top: strawberry cheesecake, lemon meringue tart, tropical fruit tart, chocolate espresso brownie and chocolate hazelnut mousse.
Awesome pics. Thank you for sharing them and your info!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter