Celebration at the Top - Sip, Savor, Sparkle Confirmation - 2023

Mickeynutty

DIS Veteran
I find with Disney special events there are often subtle, or not so subtle, changes over time. I am having trouble finding a review of the Celebration at the Top - Sip, Savor, Sparkle Confirmation that is recent. Has anyone been this year? What were the sushi offerings? Did you enjoy it for the $$$? Thank you!

I find with Disney special events there are often subtle, or not so subtle, changes over time. I am having trouble finding a review of the Celebration at the Top - Sip, Savor, Sparkle Confirmation that is recent. Has anyone been this year? What were the sushi offerings? Did you enjoy it for the $$$? Thank you!
Hi there! I attended Sip Savor Sparkle last night (July 10, 2023) we were a group of four adults and it exceeded our expectations! the event technically started at 8:20 but they were ready to start letting guests up at 7:55. you get a wristband at the checkin desk on the 2nd floor then take the express elevator up to California grill, floor 15. Turn left when you get off the elevator and go to the two private party rooms set up for the event. There’s a table full of welcome Bellinis (peach purée and champagne, yum) and another with printed table tent cards … find your party’s name and place it on your table of choice… that will be yours for the evening.

One room held all the food plus two small guest tables with chairs for two, the other was the bar (a full bar, with a fabulous bartender) and the majority of guest tables (I’d say about a dozen tables, mostly tables for two… I’m sure set up to match the parties arriving that night. I asked the bartender to surprise me all night … I got a tropical POG juice cocktail with coconut rum, a margarita with grand marnier, a French martini with pineapple, chambord and sparkling wine, and a chocolate martini with dessert. All were fantastic!

the food was across the board delicious … hot, fresh, flavorful and always bountiful. There were fried pork Katsu sandwiches (crunchy, salty, spicy, sweet), cheeseburger sliders, three kinds of sushi — cali roll, shrimp tempura, and veggie — and plates of sashimi, individual large shrimp in a glass with spicy citrusy clear sauce, smoked salmon terrine, zucchini foccacia, and perhaps best of all, cali grills famous goat cheese ravioli with sundried tomato sauce.

at about 9:00 they brought out the desserts (though the savory food was still available too). These were scrumptious… chocolate pot de crème with crushed peanuts, a super tangy lemon meringue tart, light and silky cheesecake squares topped with strawberry, rich fudgy brownies, and a tropical fruit tart (the only thing I didn’t care for).

the event rooms have a private walkway out to watch the 9:20 pm fireworks with piped in music … fabulous view. We watched with Bellini in hand. Afterwards you go back inside and everything was still rolling, bartender still mixing, food still available. The event was wrapping up but nobody pushed us out … service was so friendly and kind and generous and efficient if was just a lovely happy vibe all night.

we did tip the bartenders and servers, although there were no tip jars out or anything. Also if you drive there, valet parking is included, just get your ticket validated when you check in.

hope that helps! I think it was absolutely worth the money and one of my favorite Disney events if all time (and I’ve done a lot of them!) if you have any qs just let me know!

Last edited:
Hi there! I attended Sip Savor Sparkle last night (July 10, 2023) we were a group of four adults and it exceeded our expectations! the event technically started at 8:20 but they were ready to start letting guests up at 7:55. you get a wristband at the checkin desk on the 2nd floor then take the express elevator up to California grill, floor 15. Turn left when you get off the elevator and go to the two private party rooms set up for the event. There’s a table full of welcome Bellinis (peach purée and champagne, yum) and another with printed table tent cards … find your party’s name and place it on your table of choice… that will be yours for the evening.

One room held all the food plus two small guest tables with chairs for two, the other was the bar (a full bar, with a fabulous bartender) and the majority of guest tables (I’d say about a dozen tables, mostly tables for two… I’m sure set up to match the parties arriving that night. I asked the bartender to surprise me all night … I got a tropical POG juice cocktail with coconut rum, a margarita with grand marnier, a French martini with pineapple, chambord and sparkling wine, and a chocolate martini with dessert. All were fantastic!

the food was across the board delicious … hot, fresh, flavorful and always bountiful. There were fried pork Katsu sandwiches (crunchy, salty, spicy, sweet), cheeseburger sliders, three kinds of sushi — cali roll, shrimp tempura, and veggie — and plates of sashimi, individual large shrimp in a glass with spicy citrusy clear sauce, smoked salmon terrine, zucchini foccacia, and perhaps best of all, cali grills famous goat cheese ravioli with sundried tomato sauce.

at about 9:00 they brought out the desserts (though the savory food was still available too). These were scrumptious… chocolate pot de crème with crushed peanuts, a super tangy lemon meringue tart, light and silky cheesecake squares topped with strawberry, rich fudgy brownies, and a tropical fruit tart (the only thing I didn’t care for).

the event rooms have a private walkway out to watch the 9:20 pm fireworks with piped in music … fabulous view. We watched with Bellini in hand. Afterwards you go back inside and everything was still rolling, bartender still mixing, food still available. The event was wrapping up but nobody pushed us out … service was so friendly and kind and generous and efficient if was just a lovely happy vibe all night.

we did tip the bartenders and servers, although there were no tip jars out or anything. Also if you drive there, valet parking is included, just get your ticket validated when you check in.

hope that helps! I think it was absolutely worth the money and one of my favorite Disney events if all time (and I’ve done a lot of them!) if you have any qs just let me know!

Thank you so much for posting. It sounds much the same as what we enjoyed (two times) during 50th Anniversary Celebration at the Top version. We booked again for August, but there was so much availability that we were wondering if the event wasn’t as good as what we experienced last year.

Thanks for sharing! Sounds amazing.

Wow amazing review. We would like to do this so I have a quick question if you don’t mind. Due to an allergy The only thing my wife would be able to eat would be sashimI, do they have like a nice tuna and salmon sashimi? Is there a decent amount if that’s all she will be able to eat? We really want to do this BUT she has no allergy to the drinks LOL

Wow amazing review. We would like to do this so I have a quick question if you don’t mind. Due to an allergy The only thing my wife would be able to eat would be sashimI, do they have like a nice tuna and salmon sashimi? Is there a decent amount if that’s all she will be able to eat? We really want to do this BUT she has no allergy to the drinks LOL
Yes California Grill is known for their sushi and sashimi … the Small plates of sashimi were delicious, there were at least two kinds of fish, possibly three. Disney is always very accommodating with regard to allergies … I’m sure when you tell them what she can and cannot eat they will provide wonderful options. The California Grill kitchen is right there, ask the servers and their chefs will make something for you (we witnessed them bring out a plain flatbread pizza for a child). Don’t be afraid to speak up … let them know what would make you happy and they will do their absolute best! Enjoy!!

Yes California Grill is known for their sushi and sashimi … the Small plates of sashimi were delicious, there were at least two kinds of fish, possibly three. Disney is always very accommodating with regard to allergies … I’m sure when you tell them what she can and cannot eat they will provide wonderful options. The California Grill kitchen is right there, ask the servers and their chefs will make something for you (we witnessed them bring out a plain flatbread pizza for a child). Don’t be afraid to speak up … let them know what would make you happy and they will do their absolute best! Enjoy!!
Thanks so much!

I noticed that the calendar for Celebration at the Top went from no days highlighted on the calendar to every day highlighted. This happened in the past and nothing was offered for a number of weeks. Was hoping to book this for the holidays, but probably won’t see it (sigh. WDW is totally mum about the future of this event).

Frustrating, isn’t it? I check daily to see if there is any “real” information on availability for our Nov 30 trip. If they are not going to offer it, I wish they would just remove it from the list of Enchanting Extras.

Frustrating, isn’t it? I check daily to see if there is any “real” information on availability for our Nov 30 trip. If they are not going to offer it, I wish they would just remove it from the list of Enchanting Extras.
Completely agree!

I actually reached out to Disney about this extra and received a call back from them. I was told it wasn't being offered for our dates late December.

I actually reached out to Disney about this extra and received a call back from them. I was told it wasn't being offered for our dates late December.
I can’t say I am surprised to hear this. At least you got an answer and thank you for sharing it!

I can’t say I am surprised to hear this. At least you got an answer and thank you for sharing it!
I was surprised too! I sent an email and heard back about 3 days later via phone call. I was inquiring about it after Dec.26th Hopefully those attending sooner will have better luck with dates.

We are trying to book for thanksgiving week, and yes like previous post all dates on calendar are highlighted but nothing comes up as available ? So frustrating. Disney dinning knows nothing, no information .

We also are trying to book for thanksgiving week, dinning has no information or they can not share it. Very frustrating.

Hate to get anyone’s hopes up by posting here, but there has been a change in the website for Celebration at the Top. Now only two dates are highlighted (November 5 and 6). These can’t be booked, as a different error message comes up (see picture), but, at least a change has been purposefully made, so hoping eventually there will be bookable dates for some. IMG_1230.jpg

Last edited:
There are some bookable dates up! I just grabbed Dec 3. I’d been considering tacking a solo night on at the end of an upcoming trip when I saw that the flight change would be nothing (points) …guess I better get on changing my return home 😂.

This is such an awesome event! I never thought I’d get a chance to do it again, I’m so excited :).

I checked Nov 6, bookable. And obvs Dec 3 is bookable since I booked it :).

Attachments

• IMG_8508.jpeg
    IMG_8508.jpeg
    20.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8508.jpeg
    IMG_8508.jpeg
    20.9 KB · Views: 2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter