Celebration area looks nice

SL6827

DIS Veteran
The new Celebration area at Epcot looks great. Thinking it will mostly be used by locals. Glad to see such a nice rest area, for those that will need it. I was impressed.

I'm curious why you think it will mostly be used by locals?

I love the area, too. Much more seating, which is long overdue, and the design of the area is just so "Epcot". Clean lines, calming vibe, just beautiful.
I'm wondering why someone would think that, too. It seems nice and appealing for everyone.

Epcot is a different vibe than other parks. It's not go go go for us, but a slower pace of looking around, snacking, enjoying some entertainment, and relaxing. You miss out on a lot when you don't take time to take it all in.

The space looks a lot like my local mall which is fine, I guess. Not good and not bad. The time that it took to build this is embarrassing though.

LOL, you have a much fancier mall than we do!

I think it looks absolutely beautiful, peaceful and love all the seats in the shade! It will also be wonderful to move about the park and get from one side of this area to the other without taking the long way around the walls. Very happy this is here and I think Disney did a great job!

I'm looking forward to exploring this area. While I won't be staying at a monorail resort, I'm planning to ride the monorail into Epcot for an aerial view.

I think this discussion is about the new World Celebration area of Epcot. As far as I know, there haven’t been sink holes at Epcot.
There's a sink hole in that area of EPCOT - I thought it was more towards the center (hence my question) but I guess it was on the other side. I was just thinking they built this lower-weight area because it couldn't support a building.

I think it looks nice too, but, 4 years? Really?
They completely changed direction on this project and construction was paused for a while.

I think this discussion is about the new World Celebration area of Epcot. As far as I know, there haven’t been sink holes at Epcot.
There was one in the area of the Odyssey Restaurant prior to construction:
"One of the reasons there's so much space between Future World and the World Showcase lagoon is that we discovered a gigantic sink hole near where the Odyssey Restaurant is [in EPCOT]," Marty said. "We couldn’t build anything on top of it."

He related how workers tried in vain to shore up the land by driving massive piles into the earth, “but the piles just kept getting sucked into the ground.” They covered the sink hole by placing giant steel plates on top of it.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/epcot-sinkhole/

I'm thinking maybe they found another one (or something similar) and that's why it took a long time to build there?

The space looks a lot like my local mall which is fine, I guess. Not good and not bad. The time that it took to build this is embarrassing though.
I also feel it looks like this-I used to live in Chicago and there were a few outdoor areas like this. Not what I pictured for the middle of a theme park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter