Celebrating our 15th Wedding Anniversary at Disney

Angela Mclaughlin

Geeky cartoonist
I surprised my husband with a trip this August to Walt Disney World for our 15th anniversary. Both our kids love Disney, so we are planning a family trip in Spring 2020. My oldest daughter is terrified of flying, and has a panic attack when we try to talk her into this, so we usually drive all the way from Dayton, OH! So, I booked a flight for the two of us. We have never been on a vacation alone together since our girls were born, and he is as excited as a little kid! :)
I am looking for some fun advice. We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge for the first time. How are the restaurants there? My husband is not an adventurous eater.
What can we do to plus up our anniversary , within reason? After springing for the flight, Victoria & Alberts is not an option! ;)
I also got an AP for the first time, since I will be going on this trip, our family trip, and chaperoning a Marching band trip all over the next 12 months! :) (NOT complaining!) Should I spring for TIW since we plan to eat at restaurants on all three trips? Thank you all for the awesome tips! You never disappoint.

So excited for you! The two of you will have a wonderful time. My husband and I go childless most of the time (we are empty nesters now) and he is a very picky eater.

One piece of great news - the Geyser Point bar out by the water at Wilderness Lodge has some great, non-adventurous food items and the atmosphere is great!

Other fun ideas:
* Do either a Monorail Drink-a-Thon or Drink Around the World Showcase/Showcase Snacking experience. My husband and I buy these cute personalized passports online (you can just google the experiences and they come up - go to products and you can see all the different options) (or message me) - they are super inexpensive and make trying things a fun game. We tend to share drinks and snacks to make it more reasonable and also not to get plowed. The Monorail Drink-a-Thon includes "extra credit" including Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness, because they are accessible from the monorail line by boat.
* Try Savor, Sip, and Sparkle: Celebration at the Top. It is a great splurge because it is no where near as expensive as Victoria & Alberts, but you get unlimited appetizers, desserts, open bar, and a great view of the fireworks. The lights are dim, so it feels really special for an anniversary splurge.
* Make sure you take time for the two of you just to enjoy your resort and not be rushing to kids' rides. My husband and I do just a few rides - generally the ones we make advance fastpasses, and then wander the parks, people-watch, and eat. We also sit in little bars and chat with other guests. We really like the Brown Derby outside bar - great people-watching and the menu is pretty tasty. (Again, my husband is picky, and can find food to eat). We also like the Tune-In Lounge at 50's Prime Time for chatting with other guests.

If you are going three times to Disney World, I definitely recommend the TiW card - it is nice since you choose what you want to eat and drink and get 20% off everything.

Have fun!!

Thank you! Resort hopping on the monorail sounds like so much fun! I’ve always wanted to go to Trader Sam’s.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter