CDG to hotel questions

POOH&PIGLET

I love my DW, DDs, & DVC!
We (my wife and I) are going on a trip for our 25th Wedding Anniversary.:banana::banana:
I am hoping we will each be traveling with a back pack and a carry-on-sized rolling suitcase.
We are flying from New York City to CDG and land at 6:35am on January 7 (Terminal 2A).
We are not purchasing transportation in advance and are staying at the Sequoia Lodge.

The magical shuttle bus is scheduled to depart at 9:00, 9:20, 9:40 & 10:20am. Cost 23€
The TGV train has departures at 6:57, 8:26, 8:49 & 9:57am. Cost 26.50
RER seems to be RER B to Chatelet Les Halles then RER A to Marne La Vallée. Cost 17.30€

I'm assuming 60-90 minutes to get through customs / baggage claim.
If we are ready to depart the airport before 7:30, we will go for the RER.
If its around 8am, we are looking to do the TGV.

Questions:
Any estimates on customs / baggage claim wait times?
Do the TGV trains sell out for certain trips?
Do the magical shuttle buses sell out for certain trips?
How frequently are the shuttle buses from the Marne La Vallée station to the Disney hotels?
If we take the TGV or RER, is the ~1mile / 20-minute walk from the train station to the Sequoia doable with light luggage (I'm assuming no rain)?

Thanks. :wave:

1. You're estimation for international flights seems fine. I would add some time as you have to get to the station for all options. The train station is located between terminal 2E & F, you arrive at 2A.
2. Yes, but as it's low season I don't expect it. I can still book the 8.26 train for 19EUR.
3. I've never seen it happen.
4. I don't believe there is a schedule (like with WDW), but it's quite frequently.
5. Unless you are slow walkers, it's usually 15 minutes.

Keep in mind the following:
Bus: 45-60 minutes (depending on traffic and which hotel gets dropped off first, in my experience, Sequoia Lodge is usually one of the first). January 7th is a Monday morning, there will be traffic, so I would count on 60 minutes at least.
Train: 10 minutes
RER: 90 minutes.

After a long haul flight, and a night flight on top of it, at an unknown station, I wouldn't advise RER. When you come from such a flight, I wouldn't want to stare at the signs making sure I haven't missed the stop. When you compare it to the train and the arrival times, there will not be much of a difference. It's doable, of course, but it wouldn't be my preference.

What I would do, when you have your luggage, I would book my train tickets online (free wifi at the airport and station), collect the tickets at the station (machine or office) and then get breakfast. There are several options for a cup of coffee and a hot sandwich. For a sit down, go to Paul's, go to Relay if you are on a budget.
By the way there is also a train at 9.19. So you have at least 3 options,
If the train is sold out online, you could try at the office. I had an issue one time and had to go back early, the agent booked me a ticket without a seat. Which was no problem for a 10 minute ride.

Dress warm, it's chilly at the station. Especially in January.

Thanks so much for the help!

I thought of two more questions:
On the day we check out, can we store luggage at the hotel and go to the parks for a few hours before departing?
Is there free Wi-Fi in the parks &/or Disney hotels?

Also, you can also walk to Sequoia Lodge if you want. If it's a lot of crowds for the bus, that can be easier to walk.

Wi-Fi at the parks is spotty. And I find it works better on the outskirts of the park than at the hub.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter