• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CDC Notifies States, Large Cities To Prepare For Vaccine Distribution As Soon As Late October

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not going to happen. A quote by a person in the administration was taken WAY out of context. As usual, this is the news media putting the cart before the horse.
That we absolutely agree on. But I still say if it was attempted- either by the White House or congress, it wouldn’t last one day.

It's not going to happen. A quote by a person in the administration was taken WAY out of context. As usual, this is the news media putting the cart before the horse.
I looked around and only found mentions it in disney rumor blogs. Sounds like it's really not a concern.

Today, the governor of WV said during the covid briefing that next week vaccines would be starting for the 50+ year old essential workers. Appointments will be filled from the database created from the state sign up website. The appointments will be held at CVS, Walgreens, and independent pharmacies. They did not give specifics of what is an essential worker. On the original plan, this is phase 1D and says this is “other critical sectors vital to state/government services” (such as utilites.) My husband works at the power plant so I hope he finds out soon.

Today, the governor of WV said during the covid briefing that next week vaccines would be starting for the 50+ year old essential workers. Appointments will be filled from the database created from the state sign up website. The appointments will be held at CVS, Walgreens, and independent pharmacies. They did not give specifics of what is an essential worker. On the original plan, this is phase 1D and says this is “other critical sectors vital to state/government services” (such as utilites.) My husband works at the power plant so I hope he finds out soon.
My state separates it out by risk factor and exposure factor and a bunch of other factors. My husband is an engineer who works on power plants but he is able to work at home. Most of his district is still working from home only his project and another one are presently in the office. Because he's not on site presently and is able to work from home my assumption puts him in general pop or phase 5 for us.

During the stay at home order his company due to both power and construction aspect were considered essential and were able to continue working but that does not translate to vaccine priority. It will be interesting if his company is able to get the vaccine before he is under gen pop or if for some reason even though he can work from home the state or county considers him higher.

Because your husband works at the power plant maybe he'll be higher?? Is he an engineer of some sort or in construction. My husband and I were talking and he said he's not exactly sure the construction guys will flock to getting the vaccine.

My state separates it out by risk factor and exposure factor and a bunch of other factors. My husband is an engineer who works on power plants but he is able to work at home. Most of his district is still working from home only his project and another one are presently in the office. Because he's not on site presently and is able to work from home my assumption puts him in general pop or phase 5 for us.

During the stay at home order his company due to both power and construction aspect were considered essential and were able to continue working but that does not translate to vaccine priority. It will be interesting if his company is able to get the vaccine before he is under gen pop or if for some reason even though he can work from home the state or county considers him higher.

Because your husband works at the power plant maybe he'll be higher?? Is he an engineer of some sort or in construction. My husband and I were talking and he said he's not exactly sure the construction guys will flock to getting the vaccine.
He’s in operations so has been in person working. They have had several cases through out the entire pandemic but they are taking precautions. I don’t think they have had spread at the plant. The people have been catching it outside of work.

WV has been focusing on age as the highest priority. They have gone through the nursing homes, medical workers, teachers, and first responders. Everyone 65+ is now eligible and they are working through that list. Now they are moving to the area of essential workers, prioritizing those 50 and up.

The state sign up also asked about health risks so maybe they are looking at that too when making their appointment lists.

Because your husband works at the power plant maybe he'llbe higher?? Is he an engineer of some sort or in construction. My husband and I were talking and he said he's not exactly sure the construction guys will flock to getting the vaccine.
This is the plan from the state. Husband’s plant was informed by the state that their employees are part of the essential workers and to encourage them to sign up on the state site. Then you wait for them to call you.

https://www.wvpublic.org/top-storie...s-phased-plan-for-covid-19-vaccine-allocation
This story shows the phases. The state actually decided to change course when they moved onto the 65 and up residents because that was phase 2A. But they were going with the idea that to reduce the deaths and hospitalizations, that age group needed vaccinated.

A thought: instead of threatening to close down Florida why not move up the FDA meeting to tomorrow and get 5 million JNJ doses there next week?
Looks like this rumor about Florida is being tossed around in the board rumor section.

He’s in operations so has been in person working. They have had several cases through out the entire pandemic but they are taking precautions. I don’t think they have had spread at the plant. The people have been catching it outside of work.
Ah yeah hopefully he's considered essential just on the basis of him actually needing to be there in-person. It's the same story as yours for my husband's company to his knowledge with just a few cases every now and then but people mostly catching it outside of work. The project manager for his current power plant he's on actually got it and was out for 3 weeks.

Power is pretty important that's for sure :)
The state sign up also asked about health risks so maybe they are looking at that too when making their appointment lists.
Definitely! I would hope they are. That can impact the severity of one's covid case. I know in my state some health risks are included in Phase 3 and then other health risks in Phase 4. One of those health risks in Phase 4 is why I would be eligible there instead of Phase 5 (gen pop).
But they were going with the idea that to reduce the deaths and hospitalizations, that age group needed vaccinated.
It looks like my state is going for various factors. Definitely deaths and hospitalizations but also spread as in places where high spread is occurring or has the opportunity to occur. It does make sense that states look at multiple things. WV has been doing quite well from what I know in the distribution part.

Well fingers crossed y'all are able to soon enough :flower3:

Fauci has said that it will be "open season" with vaccines by April. He also said all Americans should be vaccinated by mid-summer. Given that recent surveys still indicate that roughly 33% of Americans say they won't get vaccinated, I am still betting that everyone who wants a vaccine will have it by the end of April / Mid-May. The issue is going to be getting the other 33% vaccinated. I would think businesses will begin getting back to normal operations when the 66% who want the vaccines have received them.

Fauci has said that it will be "open season" with vaccines by April. He also said all Americans should be vaccinated by mid-summer. Given that recent surveys still indicate that roughly 33% of Americans say they won't get vaccinated, I am still betting that everyone who wants a vaccine will have it by the end of April / Mid-May. The issue is going to be getting the other 33% vaccinated. I would think businesses will begin getting back to normal operations when the 66% who want the vaccines have received them.

This would be wonderful!!! I do worry about the mad rush to get the vaccine once they say, "okay now anybody can get vaccinated!" I have visions of thousands of people trying to push through one door.

This would be wonderful!!! I do worry about the mad rush to get the vaccine once they say, "okay now anybody can get vaccinated!" I have visions of thousands of people trying to push through one door.

I believe it was also said that the time that people would still need reservations, even at a pharmacy.

Based on the reports of the manufacturers increasing production and the upcoming FDA review of the J&J vaccine, I bet by April the distribution of the vaccine will be quite high. Also, with the current tiered process of administering the shots, by April those left to get the shot will be in the lowest risk category. I bet by then the vaccine will be available in every pharmacy and doctor's office. You will still need to make an appointment, no doubt, but it will readily available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter