CDC Notifies States, Large Cities To Prepare For Vaccine Distribution As Soon As Late October

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of good news these days. Here's another bit that I've been seeing on Covid Long-Haulers. I follow this woman who is a NYT editorial editor who ended up getting Covid and is now a long-hauler with symptoms. A lot of these folks have formed groups to stay in contact with one another and keep up with the latest on their situation. Apparently, many long-haulers are reporting feeling significantly better after receiving just one dose of the vaccine....including this woman. Really interesting stuff!

All of the states I closely follow are dropping this week, the national #s are only very slightly higher I think largely bc Texas is reporting a lot more this week.

Texas was not the only state socked in by snow and ice. Several Southern states were affected. Our state of Mississippi saw a jump in cases yesterday as facilities reopened this week and roads have thawed out. Our main state department of health office in Jackson has been closed this week due to water outages that remain in the city.

People in several areas are still dealing with the affects of the weather.

I am still hopeful that this is a temporary bump and that the downward trend will continue.

Texas was not the only state socked in by snow and ice. Several Southern states were affected. Our state of Mississippi saw a jump in cases yesterday as facilities reopened this week and roads have thawed out. Our main state department of health office in Jackson has been closed this week due to water outages that remain in the city.

People in several areas are still dealing with the affects of the weather.

I am still hopeful that this is a temporary bump and that the downward trend will continue.
Is the jump from lack or testing or not being able to process and report tests?

My good new for the day:

Back in November and even before that we had 33 facilities with active outbreaks at senior living facilities (SLF) within my county. I checked today and they are down to 9 :goodvibes

The "newest" outbreak it's been 15 days since the last onset date. The county considers the outbreak over when 28 days has passed since the last onset date. Two SLF are at the 28 mark today!, one is at the 27 day mark and another is at the 26 day mark. Fingers crossed we continue to get this under control.

My county defines senior living facilities as nursing homes, independent senior living facilities, acute rehab hospitals, etc.

About a week and a half ago a regional grocery chain started using mobile vaccine clinics to get vaccinations to independent senior living facilities and senior housing within my county stating "approximately 1,700 residents from 23 senior housing and independent living facilities will be vaccinated by the end of the week" They are getting Pfizer and that regional grocery chain will return for their 2nd doses 3 weeks after the first dose so we're about the half-way point there. LTC facilities through the Federal program I believe are nearing completion at least in the first doses and it's been over 2 months so probably a decent amount have gotten their 2nd dose.

I'm so happy to see the numbers go down for these long-term care style places as this has been such a persistent issue despite mitigations and testing and no visitors for so long. :love::love:

Both I would think. Clinics were closed, people couldn't leave their houses.

Ironically though, the people not leaving their houses for a few days may lead to a DROP in cases going forward.
That depends. Some people might’ve had to go stay in close quarters with family and friends who still had heat. In some cases that would mean more mingling.

Both I would think. Clinics were closed, people couldn't leave their houses.

Ironically though, the people not leaving their houses for a few days may lead to a DROP in cases going forward.
I'm not sure what I think about the numbers. Reporting and testing parameters have changed. Are numbers really dropping that significantly due to lower infection rate or the changes?

Last edited:
Lots of good news these days. Here's another bit that I've been seeing on Covid Long-Haulers. I follow this woman who is a NYT editorial editor who ended up getting Covid and is now a long-hauler with symptoms. A lot of these folks have formed groups to stay in contact with one another and keep up with the latest on their situation. Apparently, many long-haulers are reporting feeling significantly better after receiving just one dose of the vaccine....including this woman. Really interesting stuff!

I won’t doubt it as there’s no data to prove one way or the other.
But, that sounds like it could very equally be a placebo effect.

One thing that might mitigate concerns about the slight case uptick: hospitalizations have continued to fall at exactly the same rate. Down below 55,000 nationally for the first time since early November.

Very important number to keep an eye on here is 30,000- that's the low for hospitalizations since Covid started. That's as low as it got during both "valley". If we can get below that and stay there we are in phenomenal shape.

And our state's numbers for today are in... still high

Today MSDH is reporting an additional 920 cases of COVID-19 in Mississippi and 8 deaths. Six deaths occurred between February 13 and February 23, and 2 occurred between February 11 and February 17, identified from death certificate reports. Mississippi's total of COVID-19 cases now stands at 292,811, with 6,613 deaths.
Among cases and deaths already reported, MSDH has identified 6 new cases in residents of long-term care facilities, and no deaths. There are currently 81 ongoing outbreaks of COVID-19 in long-term care facilities.

And our state's numbers for today are in... still high

Today MSDH is reporting an additional 920 cases of COVID-19 in Mississippi and 8 deaths. Six deaths occurred between February 13 and February 23, and 2 occurred between February 11 and February 17, identified from death certificate reports. Mississippi's total of COVID-19 cases now stands at 292,811, with 6,613 deaths.
Among cases and deaths already reported, MSDH has identified 6 new cases in residents of long-term care facilities, and no deaths. There are currently 81 ongoing outbreaks of COVID-19 in long-term care facilities.

The no deaths in LTC facilities is absolutely vaccine related.

I won’t doubt it as there’s no data to prove one way or the other.
But, that sounds like it could very equally be a placebo effect.

I wonder about this. I also wonder about the fact that the majority of long haulers seem to be women. Now, I am NOT saying this is the case, but women tend to suffer more from anxiety related conditions than men do, and a LOT of these long hauler symptoms mirror anxiety symptoms. I have anxiety and suffer from heart palpitations, chest pain, shortness of breath, fatigue, brain fog, etc. I have never had Covid and have dealt with this for years. It's just how the body reacts physically to the mental state of anxiety. I truly wonder how much this phenomenon is a mental condition, rather than directly caused by the virus.

I know there are many patients who have actual findings that suggest long term issues, like actual lung or heart damage. I am not talking about these people. I do find it interesting though, the gender and age profiles of the majority of long haulers seem to be women between 35 and 55. Or maybe those are just the demographics most likely to join online support groups and talk about it? Who knows. I read an article that touched on this and I've been curious about it ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter