CDC Director: Impending Doom

Pink Partridge

DIS Veteran
Dr. Rochelle Walensky is scared.

Are you?

I am not. Every person over 65 that I know is vaccinated. Well, I know two eligible people that refused the vaccine. Oh well.

Every teacher that I know is vaccinated. I don't know any that have refused.

And, in fact, I am the opposite of scared. I have more hope now than in the last year.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/29/cdc...id-cases-rise-again-right-now-im-scared-.html

I no longer feel like my heart is in my throat when I am around others inside with a mask on or outside without a mask for the first time in a year.

Friends and family either have or are scheduled for a vaccine. I think Walensky is trying to scare people into continuing to hunker down. Except to get your vaccine if you haven’t had it. I am not sure if it will have the desired result. I think a more upbeat message would be better but maybe she has info we don’t. If she does have more info that’s being withheld, I wish they would give it to us and let us make our own decisions.

Our governor is supposed to release info today about the current level of restrictions since they expire on Wednesday. It will be interesting to see what he decides based on what the CDC and Biden are saying.

All I know is that people around here are not waiting until July 4 to have a small group over for a BBQ.

Last edited:
Same... Oklahoma is opening vaccines to everyone over the age of 16 on Monday. About 30% of the population has received it's first dose - which I find very surprising considering OK has been so anti-mask, calling this just the flu. I think we are headed on the right track.

Dr. Rochelle Walensky is scared.

Are you?

I am not. Every person over 65 that I know is vaccinated. Well, I know two eligible people that refused the vaccine. Oh well.

Every teacher that I know is vaccinated. I don't know any that have refused.

And, in fact, I am the opposite of scared. I have more hope now than in the last year.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/29/cdc...id-cases-rise-again-right-now-im-scared-.html

Might hospitals be inundated with new victims? Might deaths increase? Isn't it true that even being vaccinated does not mean one is unable to be infected and have resulting symptoms?

There does seem to be a slight uptick in cases, could it be from the college kids who went on spring break? The thing I keep looking at is the number vaccinated. 146mm have at least one shot and 53 mm are fully vaccinated. At this rate by the end of the April over 50% will be vaccinated and by end of May it is going to be 75%. I just do not understand the scare tactics of the CDC or the current administration. It just does not make sense. The language is still the same as it was in November when we were in the heart of the worst part of this pandemic. Someone explain why when the end is so near we are still hearing chicken little screaming the sky is falling?

The only thing I can think of that would derail the immunity train is if the Variants become resistant to the Vaccines on a routine basis.

Then "doom" may be accurate.
But here is the thing. There is NO study that shows the current vaccines are not just as successful against the new variants. There is some speculations, and there are studies that are being done, but as of now no conclusive report that verifies the variants are resistant to the current vaccines. So why the hysteria over something we have not a clue if it really is an issue?

I think the director of the CDC knows more then the general public.

They know more...but they pick and choose what they want to convey. Like saying early on that masks weren't necessary, just because we really didn't have enough of them.

But anyhow, no, I'm not scared now. And I'm a very cautious 'fraidy-cat.
People are getting vaccinated AND good new therapeutics have been developed.
A year ago we knew nothing about this condition. Now we know a whole lot.

I think the director of the CDC knows more then the general public.
History is full of people with good intentions making horrible decisions. With the outbreak of WWII, the US government decided to send all Japanese US citizens to concentration camps, it was unaccusable. So before we just blindly follow CDC or government, tell us the science FIRST. No, I am not just going to blindly follow. If there is data and science to support the gloom and doom tell us, myself and a lot of people like me will be more likely to follow.

Isn't it true that even being vaccinated does not mean one is unable to be infected and have resulting symptoms?

It's been said since the very beginning with all vaccines for Covid, that none of them will prevent you from getting it.
You can still get it, and spread it, but when you do get it, it shouldn't be as full on as it has been for the past year.

So before we just blindly follow CDC or government, tell us the science FIRST. No, I am not just going to blindly follow. If there is data and science to support the gloom and doom tell us, myself and a lot of people like me will be more likely to follow.

Well said. Share what you know when using words like "doom" and "scared". It all seemed extremely unprofessional to me.

I think it's scarier that she said that.
She's in charge of the war against this pandemic like Eisenhower was in charge of American troops before D-day.
Can you imagine Ike saying he was scared and that there was an impending doom ? LOL
I saw the clip with her saying she was scared and my jaw dropped.
Her being on the verge of crying was disgraceful.
I'd have fired her right after her performance- She's supposed to convey strength and confidence and in a way 'rally the troops' ,not scare people.

I honestly don't know. Sadly, there has been a pattern of projections regarding vaccines being grossly optomistic . A local health department head yesterday responded to Dr. Walensky's concerns and said "we may have to come to the realization that having enough vaccine for everyone may not happen until December"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter