• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CCV vs BLT ?

Better SAP+ to purchase?

• CCV

• BLT

• Other (post)

Results are only viewable after voting.
My favorite was the standard studio (during pandemic) facing the village green and the Christmas tree. What a view.
If you had that view but only paid standard view points, you got pixie dust - that's a P/G (Preferred) view, costs the same as BW view.

Is that really coffee? It sounds like a shake that happens to have a splash of coffee added….
My coffee issue is that i drink iced coffee (black w/cream), & trying to get decent creamer is tough. Trying to find a small container of heavy cream that isn't full of crap isn't easy & not sure its worth an Instacart order. lol

Between these two resorts, I would select CCV because BLT is easier to book at 7-months. Lake view studios, 1-bedroom, and 2-bedroom villas are available most times during the year. CCV studios are more difficult to book. So, CCV is preferable because of the 11-month booking advantage and added lease years.

If you had that view but only paid standard view points, you got pixie dust - that's a P/G (Preferred) view, costs the same as BW view.

Yes, I fully appreciate that! This was December 2020, we had booked and canceled so many trips that year already, and WDW was operating limited hotels at 50% capacity and restaurants also at very limited capacity. I remember walking outside at night and the vast majority of Boardwalk villa rooms had the curtains open, rooms made up, and the TVs on the blue parks screens - clearly completely unoccupied.

(Queues for rides were mostly outside and had markers spaced 6' apart, *and* we had to wear masks everywhere except our own rooms and indoor restaurants - at that time I don't even know how much indoor seating was anywhere!! I recall eating outdoors for all our meals. After all we'd been through in NYC the last 9 months (DH is a health care worker), we appreciated every last bit of joy and fun.)

I’d vote CCV, but in terms of the broader SAP+ ‘portfolio’ you are building, there needs to be room for a monorail resort.

In which case I’d argue CCV + Poly.

But that’s just because I don’t terribly find BLT appealing thematically. Which is weird, I almost unequivocally like all the resorts otherwise.

Poly though is still a bit dependent on things like points charts and availability. This would lead me to say if you aren’t rushing to add all at once, CCV first and then see how the next 6 months shake out.

I’d vote CCV, but in terms of the broader SAP+ ‘portfolio’ you are building, there needs to be room for a monorail resort.

In which case I’d argue CCV + Poly.

But that’s just because I don’t terribly find BLT appealing thematically. Which is weird, I almost unequivocally like all the resorts otherwise.

Poly though is still a bit dependent on things like points charts and availability. This would lead me to say if you aren’t rushing to add all at once, CCV first and then see how the next 6 months shake out.
Yea I like Poly, but I am afraid of the P0int chart. ;)
So I believe you are correct in my path… I am looking for 50-75 CCV, but could go BLT (if the right one came along)

I'm not even a coffee drinker and second that the coffee at Riviera is A+. They have a cinnamon cold brew w/ homemade honey almond whipped cream - I take the Sklyliner there for this alone :)
It's the honey almond whipped cream. so delicious on any of their coffees!!!

For my situation, it was definitely OKW points at $115/direct with the current incentives.

Yea the dues are a bit higher. Yea, having to stay at OKW for some isn’t as highly desired, but we love it for our “quiet” Orlando trips, or ones where we are planning on spending most of our time at Universal. We would never be “unhappy” staying
at OKW.

With them being direct points, I can use them at our other home resort of RIV (at 7 months, of course), or any other newer DVC property without restriction.

MK SAP points are just not something I’m interested in, but that’s me!

We would never be “unhappy” staying at OKW.
I think that’s the difference between us. I don’t know if we’ll ever stay at OKW again until the next major refurb or unless there’s no availability anywhere else. Just not our cup of tea just like how many feel that way about Riviera. If you’re at least okay with OKW this is a great opportunity for likely the cheapest buy in we’ll see from DVC direct in the near future.

It’s also great if you actually care about booking the GV near hospitality house which can be hard to get without home resort priority. But to each their own, if I’m paying that much in dues, I want home resort priority at somewhere I enjoy.

It's not lost on me how nice it would be use to use those points on a GV at RIV or something but at that point if I really want more points at RIV maybe I should just be buying more RIV points? Regardless, glad you found something that works for you.

I voted BLT since we have a toddler and wouldn't mind "settling" for the closest home resort to MK and I'm hoping the refurb gives the rooms a fresh new look. And, occasionally I'd probably also use those points over at BRV opposed to Copper Creek but that's just more my taste in room layout.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter