CC Studio vs GFV Studio at 11 months

tgarre06

DIS Veteran
Which is easier to get? Or are both difficult? Travel Thanksgiving, February and April vacations (northeast). TIA

Last edited:
It really depends on season. If you're talking November 1-marathon, both are challenging. If you're looking at May, you still want home resort advantage but it's not the Hunger Games.

I edited my post to include our travel dates.
February and April you will want home resort at either, but it won't be Hunger Games save for Princess Half Marathon or if they ever bring back the Star Wars race weekend. Watch for Easter dates in April and avoid week before/week after for best results, and be sure to use the 11 month window.

Still can be hard getting a week at either a 7 months, even Feb/April.

I own at CC and was able to get a studio around thanksgiving at 7am when booking opened in 2018. It is very rare to see studios available outside of 11 month opening day. We are heading down in a couple of weeks for April Vacation but staying in a 1 Bedroom, there is currently a lot of availability for April Vacation although no studios at CC or GF.

VGF is hit or miss, because there are only 47 studios in the whole place. It's not hard for them to book up. So, even if last year worked, next year might not. I wasn't able to get my fall stay done at 11MO because I was missing a day here and there, and it's unlikely it will open again, because there are so few studios.

Thanksgiving will be a real battle.

I would not buy VGF if you plan to stay in just studios.

Mathematically, they are pretty similar: 78 studios to 3.3M points at CC, 47 studios to 2.5M points at VGF. But VGF's chart is more expensive, so points don't go as far. That makes it heavier on studios at VGF, after you take that into consideration.

Last edited:
I honestly don't think either is especially easy. CCV has the Cabin points problem, but given the VGF high point charts and few studios, the reality is that a lot of people own at VGF for studios as well. Studios tend to go quickly at the 11 month mark for each, but it IS possible to snag a studio right at the 11 month mark. While I agree with the sentiment that you shouldn't buy either just for studios, the reality is that if you reliably WANT studios at either, you MUST own at them.

I would not use ANY availability this year as an indicator of ANYTHING. This year is unusual due to COVID, points extensions, cancel window extensions, international owners not being able to travel, etc. etc.

CCV is going to be harder by the simple fact more people are crammed in to a smaller percentage of rooms based on CCV having so many points sunk in to Cabins.

I wouldn't say there is any indication that people buy CCV or VGF more to book a certain room type. A larger number of people will try to get a studio and if full will then book a backup room in a 1BR which is why fighting more people at CCV is a negative.

CCV is going to be harder by the simple fact more people are crammed in to a smaller percentage of rooms based on CCV having so many points sunk in to Cabins.

I wouldn't say there is any indication that people buy CCV or VGF more to book a certain room type. A larger number of people will try to get a studio and if full will then book a backup room in a 1BR which is why fighting more people at CCV is a negative.
Exactly. All those points sold for the Cabins causes more rooms to go faster at CCV, because most contracts are around 150-200 points and only a few 1,000+ ones. Plus VGF has been around more and I think more owners the newness has worn off and enjoy other resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter