• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cbr

SHERSKY

Earning My Ears
I haven't seen any comments about the caribbean beach resort. Has anyone stayed there in the last year? we stayed there 2 yrs ago and loved it, it had been remodeled in the area we were at. we are going again in May 2003 and i was curious that there were not any comments good or bad. Please inform! Thanks:cool:

We stayed at CBR twice in 2002. Our first time in June was our first stay at a moderate, we stayed with my parents and sisters family and loved it.

The grounds are beautiful, we loved the big pool, but also if things got too crowded there are also the smaller "island" pools for each group of buildings.

Probably the only thing we didn't like much was the way the food court is designed in that you have to pay at each counter service restaurant. Except for this inconvenience, we found the food to be very good for counter service.

Do you have any specific questions? I can try to answer.

Every room at CBR has been totally refurbished in the last year and a half! :)

The food court has JUST completed a remodel, too. CBR just reopened about a week or so ago. From what I've read, I believe they have corrected the problem of having to pay at each food counter, and now there is only one place to pay.

We're all waiting to see pics of what the new food court and new sit-down restaurant look like! :)

Old Port Royale where the restaurants and shops are was rehabbed and reopened December 21st. As I understand it the Food Court uses All Star style check out stands now instead of individual registers at the food stands like it had in the past. There's also a new sit down restaurant that serves dinner in the evening called Shutters. I'm curious if anybody has tried it? I haven't seen reviews on Shutters yet.

I also having been checking quite a few sits for menus with prices at the food court and Shutters. There are a couple of menus on this site but they seem to be incomplete (no breakfast listed).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter