cbr stay

sarahj

Mouseketeer
We returned from th CBR on May 3rd. It was our first time staying there. We were in Trinidad North, which was just past Old Port Royale. We loved it. Our room was quite nice and we loved having our car parked right outside our room. The main pool was quite crowded most of the time, with lots of kids. This was our first visit without our kids, so we spent most of our pool time at the Trinidad pool. It was very simple compared to the main pool, but was very quiet and almost empty most days. The food court was pretty good. We were able to buy salads and fruit every day also. We ate dinner one night at Shutters, the sit down restaurant there and it was quite good. We had a rental car, so didn't use the bus transportation at all, but from what I saw, there seemed to be a bus every 15 minutes or so. And the bus stations were never very crowded. We would stay there again.

:Pinkbounc

Hi Sarahj,We just came back from CBR on May 2nd.Must have been there about the same time as you! We stayed in Aruba Building #55.It was quiet and very nice! The room was nice and just the right size for 2 people. Our quiet pool was filled with children every day of our stay.Parents were trying to keep down the noise.I thought it was cute when one little girl said 'Why does this have to be a quiet pool?!!' I laughed when I heard her say that! It wasn't a problem though....We went and layed out on the beach and it was very nice and peaceful. We enjoyed the Banana
Cabana Bar too! I thought the theme pool near OPR was nice.But did you see where they put the Jacuzzi? Not exactly the best spot if you want to relax!!! I went over to the smaller pool at first thinking it was the Hot tub because it was empty but was told it was the childrens pool!!With no kids in it at all!! They should have put the childrens pool inside the theme pool and put the Hot Tub off to the side for the adults.But,again,no big deal.We did not go swimming the whole time we were there.It was nice enough but we just never came away from the pool bar! Oh well,It's a very pretty place to stay and would love to go back!

Debden,
I agree about the Jacuzzi. It wasn't the best location. And the sign said something about 5 in it at a time and under a certain age had to have a parent, or something like that. Each day I saw it, there were about 10 people in it and most were kids under 12 and no parents in site!! Oh well, it was vacation and I wouldn't trade it for anything! We also had fun watching a mother duck and her babies along the area between OPR and Trinidad where we were. Did you see them at all? I can't wait to go back to Disney. I could go every month, if I could afford it!!! I can't decide if I want to stay at CBR again, or if I want to try a different place. I am thinking of CSR. My friend is staying there in September, so I'll see how she likes it. Her first time without the kids also. Do you have any suggestions for other places??\\:jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:

We are going to be staying at CBR the end of August....can you order food at Banana Cabana & eat poolside.....

Sarahj,No we did not see the baby ducks. We did eat at the Banana Cabana and fed the birds and ducks that came around our table. I guess that wasn't a great idea but we saw other people feeding them the day before and I enjoy having them around me. I love all kinds of animals. When we went by the Jacuzzi a couple of times there was nobody in it. I agree that CSR looks great.I would love to stay there on my next trip!
This was our first trip to Disney and staying on-site so I don't know anything about the other resorts. I'm sure they are all great! Some friends of ours are staying at CBR the end of May so we were able to come home and give them a full report on how nice it was.They are very excited and can't wait to go! I wish I could go with them! I'm having vacation withdrawl symptoms!
Our friends stayed at the Beach Club a few years ago and said it was wonderful.We will be taking another trip the end of September but we are leaning towards Universal/IOA and the Hard Rock Hotel.We were there a year ago and loved it! Can't wait to go back. I'm sure your friends will have a great time at CSR!

HI suedrews, No,they only serve drinks at the Banana Cabana. But you can go inside to the food court and get take-out and eat at the table outside near the pool.That's what we did.It was a very nice and comfortable place to have lunch. I loved the Jimmy Buffet music they played at the bar.It just seemed to fit into the theme. We really enjoyed it. You'll have a great time.

Debden,
We didn't know what to do about feeding the ducks either, but we say everyone else feeding them too. One time we were carrying a tray to eat our lunch outside when a bird flew up and took a french fry right off the tray as we were walking! And two mornings we had ducks at our door that we fed. They ate right out of your hand and would have come right into our room if we didn't close the door to stop them!!

:jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:

Sarahj,
That was hysterical! That duck stole your fry off your tray? Wow.
It's so great to know there are still animals out there that trust people.I would have been thrilled to have them at my door. Imagine having to call the front desk and tell them you have a duck in your room? Hee-Hee.....That's a hoot! Everywhere we go there is always one animal or another for me to feed and take care of while were there.They are cute,aren't they? It was a great place for adults and kids too!!

I'm with you when it comes to animals! The only thing I don't like about going away, is I miss my cats and dog. I can't wait to get home to see them and make sure they are ok. My 21 year old son was home taking care of them...... so you never know!!! Yes, the ducks were fun. I really wanted to let them into our room, but wasn't sure what they would do once they got in there!!

Hi again Sarahj,
I totally agree with you about leaving your pets home! We have 5 Cats (beleive it or not!) that my mom babysits and I am just beside myself until I get home and make sure they are all alright! We adopted all of them from the local ASPCA.You can probably tell I don't like seeing an animal that's homeless...
I just have to have them! I love them to death and would love to get five more!!! Glad to hear there are people just like me out there!

We'll be staying at CBR in August, and was wondering where is the jacuzzi? I'm an early riser so I'm hoping it won't be filled with kids before 7 am. Also, what time does the food court open? Thanx for your help.

Debden,
We are so alike about animals. I only have two cats and a dog now, but wouldn't trade them for anything. My dog is 12 and cats are 14, so I am really starting to worry about how much longer they will be around! Do you have plans to go back to Disney soon? We are going to Florida for a long weekend in September, staying in Clearwater, but plan at least one day at Disney and I am going to push for 2 days!!! I love Test Track and wanted to do it one more time on our last day there, but the wait was 75 minutes and although we had FP also, once we got in line with those, it was at least a 45 minute wait there too, so we gave up! Also, I was disappointed that The Movie Ride at MGM and Winnie the Pooh ride at MK were closed for refurbishing, so I am hoping they will be open in September
Happy Mothers Day!

Plutospup,
The jacuzzi is right at the pool at OPR. There is a small pool off to the side that you think is the jacuzzi, but it is really the kids wading pool. The jacuzzi is near the slide, right smack in the middle of everything at the pool! I am not sure exactly what time the food court opens, but if my memory serves me correctly, it is around 6 or 6:30. We didn't go for breakfast much because we had cereal and muffins in our room, so we ate as we were getting ready to start the day. My husband usually walked over to get a paper and it seems like it was between 6 and 6:30. Enjoy your time there. Have you stayed at CBR before? It was our first time at CBR and we had a wonderful time. Our room was very nice. I'm jealous. Wish I was going back this summer!!

Thanks for posting the review sarahj! How were the lines at the food court? Did you have long waits? Was there lots of seating? :)

Bunnyfoo,
Hardly any lines at all when we were there. And lots of seats both inside and outside. Never had a problem getting a place to sit. The sit down restaurant Shutters says it suggests you have priority seating, but we went one night and walked up and they were able to sit us immediately. It was pretty good too! Enjoy your visit! We sure did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter