CBR questions

heather0809

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I have been obsessing over resorts! :confused: Originally, we were booked at POR, but I just changed the reservation to CBR (preferred room), primarily because of the zero entry pool and its pirate theme. I have 4 y/o boy/girl twins and think my little boy, in particular, will really love the pirate theme (esp. since we'll be doing so many "princess" activities).

I have a few questions, though....

*we booked a preferred room, esp. since the resort is so spread out. The CM said our bldg. would be next to the main pool/food court. Is this accurate? I just want to make sure we don't want to walk *forever* to the pool!

*what is the "beach area" like? I think my kids will really enjoy playing in the sand.

*how is the food court/restaurant?

Thanks SO much!
Heather

Lucky you! We were just at the CBR in May and stayed in a pirate themed room with our boys 8 & 6. These rooms were about as far away from Old Port Royale that you could get! We all agreed the next time, we are going to stay in the preferred rooms - yes they are closer to the main pool. Having said that, every village of buildings has its own pool but we enjoyed the slides etc at the main pool alot.

We loved this resort - the walk to and from Old Port Royale (about 10 mins when we were really tired!) was not daunting because of the length, but because of the humidity. We took our bathing suits etc up to a locker at the main pool each morning, and came back early afternoon for swim and refresh at the main pool. They have towels there for you to use so no need to take them from your room.

The food in the food court was good, and there was a lot of choice which we enjoyed. We ate at Shutters our first night at the resort and LOVED it. The kids menu was a bit sparse, but there was enough food on my plate that I shared with my oldest son. The Ceasar salad was great, although an extra charge if you are on the dining plan.

We did not use the beach, but made great use of the playground! Even my oldest enjoyed the playground.

This resort is extremely family friendly, and I hope that you and your family have a great time there! If I can answer any more questions for you, let me know!

Yes, the CM is right - you will either be in Martinique 24, 25, 26 or Trinidad North 31, 32, 33. All very close to Old Port Royale. http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/cbrmap.htm We have stayed "standard" both times we have stayed at CBR and both times had an under 5 minute walk to OPR. So you will definitely be closer than that! :goodvibes

Each village has a beach area. White sand beach and hammocks. Three of the beaches have playgrounds. DH and I enjoy being able to relax on a hammock in the evening and watch the fireworks from IllumiNations while the kids play on the playground. :cloud9:

The food court is very big and very good. There is lots of seating inside and some tables outside as well. There are 5 hot food stations, plus a grab-n-go section. There's definitely something for everyone, even my picky eaters! We have always enjoyed our meals at the food court. The CM's are friendly & helpful too! Here is an idea of some of the food they have, but it doesn't list everything. http://www.allears.net/menu/menu_opr.htm http://www.allears.net/menu/menu_opr2.htm There is also a soft serve ice cream machine and 2 or 3 different kinds of fruit smoothies!

Here is a link to my review of our most recent stay there ~ http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2074555

Have a great time! :cool1:

Just so you know, you will not have a pirate room if you booked a preferred room. Pirate rooms are in Trinidad South which is the farthur rooms from the OPR. Pool does however have pirate type theme. The Preferred rooms have a loose type of Nemo theme (wallpaper). These rooms are at the closest location to the OPR.

Beach is great for playing with sandbuckets.

Yes, you'll be very close to the pool/food court if you're in a preferred room. We just got back a couple weeks ago & stayed in bldg 25. LOVED IT! A preferred room is a must for us at this resort. We made good use of the main pool and my kids (DS6 & DD3) had a GREAT time in the kiddie pool! Your kids will love it!

We went to the beach area a couple times - the kids played on the playground and used the buckets/shovels that came with their kids' meals. You can't go in the water at the beach areas. That was the only really disappointing part for my kids.

We'd definitely stay here again!

Have a great trip!!! :woohoo:

Hi,

I have been obsessing over resorts! :confused: Originally, we were booked at POR, but I just changed the reservation to CBR (preferred room), primarily because of the zero entry pool and its pirate theme. I have 4 y/o boy/girl twins and think my little boy, in particular, will really love the pirate theme (esp. since we'll be doing so many "princess" activities).

I have a few questions, though....

*we booked a preferred room, esp. since the resort is so spread out. The CM said our bldg. would be next to the main pool/food court. Is this accurate? I just want to make sure we don't want to walk *forever* to the pool!

*what is the "beach area" like? I think my kids will really enjoy playing in the sand.

*how is the food court/restaurant?

Thanks SO much!
Heather

I think you'll be very happy with CBR, especially because I COMPLETELY agree with you - way more girl stuff at Disney and so little for boys. We stayed in one of the pirate themed rooms this past Thanksgiving and really loved it...even my little girl. By far, they have the best themed and fun pool of all the moderates (and values). I honeslty was surprised at how much my little girl loved it (I knew my son would).

And for your kids' ages, I think the preferred location is probably better than the pirate room. Our kids were 7 1/2 and 5 1/2 when we stayed in our pirate room, so the walk wasn't quite as long to them as it would be to 4 year-olds (Although I will admit that my kids almost always RUN to any and all pools, so take that with a grain of salt, lol)

We didn't do anything on the beach areas wince we were only there for 2 nights, so I can't comment on that part.

Food court is WONDERFUL - lots of variety!!! There was something for everyone, probably one of the most diverse food courts at Disney.

Momof2Disneyboys gave you a great couple of links, but here is one more:

http://www.disneycaribbeanbeach.com/

and if you go here, there are actual pics of the menus of each of the mini-places in the food court!!! :

http://www.disneycaribbeanbeach.com/category/image-galleries/dining

A couple of last things - CBR has a pirate cruise for little ones 4-12 on certain days that lasts 2 hours. It's a decent price and a nice break for mom/dad. My kids haven't done it yet, but are planning to do so in Dec. The other thing is that my son did the Pirate League dress-up/makeover at MK on one of the days that we stayed at CBR. He LOVED it. His sister had done BBB 3x in the past 3 years and he was finally excited to have something for him!! (and the pricing is soooo much better than BBB, lol).

hope y'all have a great time!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter