CBR preferred V. Standard with construction

Mousefan mom

Mouseketeer
Hello--

For those of you who have stayed at the CBR, particularly recently with the construction, is it worth it to pay the extra for a preferred room? I do understand its closer to the main pool--which was a big draw for us as our kids love to swim. We've never stayed there before, most reviews I read online said most people had good stays recently and the construction did not impact vacation too much.

I just wasn't sure if the preferred was worth the extra $400+, we will be there in July 2018 if that matters.

Hello--

For those of you who have stayed at the CBR, particularly recently with the construction, is it worth it to pay the extra for a preferred room? I do understand its closer to the main pool--which was a big draw for us as our kids love to swim. We've never stayed there before, most reviews I read online said most people had good stays recently and the construction did not impact vacation too much.

I just wasn't sure if the preferred was worth the extra $400+, we will be there in July 2018 if that matters.

We've never thought the extra $$ for preferred was worth it at CBR. There are sooo many Standard rooms that are just 1-2 minutes further to the Main Feature pool than the Preferred. Our favorite locations for a Standard room are Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51. Both locations are a 4-5 minute stroll across the bridge to the food tent and Main Feature Pool. Plus both are away from the tower construction.

one more question-- are all the 5 person rooms refurbished now? Is this something I should make a room request for? I'm planning to request as close as possible to the main feature pool--and may do the Jamaica 45/Aruba 51...are those buildings refurbished? I love the door to separate the bathroom for additional privacy and more people getting ready.

one more question-- are all the 5 person rooms refurbished now?

All the rooms were completed about 18 months ago.

Is this something I should make a room request for?

If you're a party of 5, you will be in action with a Murphy Bed. If you have less than 5, you will need to request a room with a Murphy Bed.

Im planning to request as close as possible to the main feature pool--and may do the Jamaica 45/Aruba 51...are those buildings refurbished?

Every room has been refurbished.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter