CBR Pirate rooms

LuvMy3Monkeys

Mouseketeer
Talk to me about the Pirate Rooms at CBR. Worth the upgrade if you've got kids who are into pirates? Overall theming better than the nemo rooms?

What about size? How much bigger are those extra square feet, enough to notice the extra room?

What about a handicap accessible room, will I be able to get a accessible Pirate room or no? What will the difference be b/t accessible room and regular (sometimes I know you have to give up certain things)?

Any pictures or input?

TIA

We've stayed in a CBR pirate room twice now. My boys absolutely loved it!! All the pirate rooms are located in Tinidad South, which happens to be the furthest village away from OPR. It takes about 5-9 minutes to walk there, depending on which building you get assigned. I've been in Bldg 34 and 35 (closer in).

The room is wonderfully themed. The carpet is colored like brown wooden boards. The beds have a ship's wheel headboard. The nightstand in between the beds is a wooden barrell. The table has a compass design on top and the dresser looks like wooden crates stacked up. The curtain between the bathroom and bedroom area has the pirate face with skull and swords. There's a picture of Jack Sparrow on the wall. The bathroom shower has a pirate ship etched into the shower wall. The mini fridge is located inside a large wooden barrell, and then there's a wooden foot locker for more storage. The theming was just excellent!

My boys thought the room was cool. They loved 2 things best about the room: the pirate curtain and the ships wheel headboard. They played on the beds with their action figures on the headboard all the time.

For us, it was worth the extra dollars to get a themed room and try it out once. We liked it so much, we did it again the next trip. They still talk about how much fun the pirate room was.

I believe the room size is exactly the same as a regular CBR room. I'm pretty sure they have accessible rooms, but I would call and ask first.

Here are some photos:

IMG_2334.jpg

IMG_2335.jpg

IMG_2831.jpg

The Pirate rooms are the same size as the Nemo themed rooms at CBR. Yes you can get a h/a Pirate room.

Great pix! Thanks!!

I thought the rooms were slightly bigger... I don't know where I read that, though. :confused3

Maybe you are confusing having read that CBR rooms in general are slightly larger than other moderates?

The pirate themed rooms are cute. You might see comments about the beds being uncomfortable due to the very thin mattresses. (Construction of the bed created some limits to mattress thickness.) I for one didn't have a problem with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter