CBR or POR for a family of 5?

WishMom09

DIS Veteran
WE have always stayed at POR and LOVE it! But I notice that CBR is now the same price!
Thought it might be nice to see new sights!
Any opinions?

We have stayed at POR twice, with the last time being in October 2012. We stayed at CBR for the first time in November 2014, mainly because free dining was offered there.

CBR is a very pretty resort but it is so spread out. If you aren't in a preferred location, you really could have a jaunt to get to the main building, pool, etc. We don't mind walking but there were some days we avoided walking to the food court because of that. The lake is long and narrow and there's really only one path across it. Would be nice if it had multiple bridges like POR has.

While the resort was nice and we were overall satisfied, I really wish we could have stayed at POR. It just feels like home to us and I like the feel of it more. Also love that POR has the boat!

I don't necessarily agree about the appeal to kids. They both are super kid-friendly but one's tropical and one's southern. One has pirate rooms and one has royal rooms. They both have a lot of the very same activities for kids. POR has a few things that CBR doesn't, such as the boats to DTD and cane pole fishing. I think it really depends on the family's kids as to which one has more appeal. My kid definitely prefers POR over CBR, based upon its theming and things to do.

We were POR fans until our first stay at CBR due to POR being sold out for Free Dining. Now we can't go back to POR. We fell in love with CBR. We feel the feature pool at CBR is better. We prefer the food court at CBR too as it is laid out better and has better options. Every time we've stayed at CBR it has been at capacity due to Free Dining and it never feels like it. The way it is laid out makes for very peaceful strolls. The fact that every village has its own bus stop and quiet pool means you are never far from one. Coming back to the resort is such a nice break from the craziness of the parks. It's like having 2 vacations in one.

Each resort has its own fans. I've always preferred CBR over POR. I love the tropical setting and the feeling of tranquility even when the resort is full. If you don't want to book preferred, requesting Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51 puts you very close to the bridge across the lake to the main building and the main pool(which I think is the best off all the mods. It is zero entry, too). I've always thought that trying new resorts is a good thing. You'll never discover a new favourite if you don't!

We have been to WDW twice and stayed at POR on trip one and CBR trip two. While we really did like both resorts, we found that the transportation at CBR was consistently better than what we experienced at POR. Our wait times were much shorter going to and from the parks while staying at CBR. We also liked the main pool a little better and found with our location in the Jamaica section our walking was less than our Royal Room at POR. For us, we will likely choose CBR again before POR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter