CBR for X-Mas...

FINFAN

Mom to Tinkbell
My friend is torn between CBR and WL for 12/19-12/26. She doesn't want to split the stay because of value vs. holiday rates, and does not want to be switching rooms on either X-mas eve or day. Her thoughts were for CBR as she is from Il. and wanted to feel like on a tropical holiday trip. All was fine until she saw some pictures of CBR and the trees looked like they were dormant, and bare. Now she is stressing out that she should just go w/WL for the themeing at X-mas and enjoy the palms at the parks etc.:rolleyes: the way I see it is if she wants tropical, go CBR AND SAVE THE $....it will be dark by 6p.m. anyway as far as enjoying the grounds of CBR at night. Who can help me here?
tia

My honey and I stayed at CBR Dec 99 and 01 - I think it was the second week in Dec each time.

We LOVED it...we are from New England, so the "carribbean feel" was really nice during a crappy cold spell.

The Xmas decorations are a little different at CBR - more of the tropical colors - pale pinks/ivorys/greens...not really "red/green". I think that's why your friend might have thought they were "bare".

Now the WL really goes all out...bur remember, it's a different style hotel (CBR is spread out all over the place). The WL is very very nice during the Holidays (honey and I went to Whispering Canyon for lunch one day and checked the place out.) The tree is phenomanol! (I can't spell that! hehehe)

So - it's either save some money and stay at the CBR or spend the extra cash and see more "holiday" decorations. Honestly? I think you should choose the CBR...the parks are decrorated enough and you will really really enjoy the atmosphere at CBR.

BUT - if you want to blow the cash - check out the WL!

I guess I was no help! heheh (I'm staying at WL and AKL with my hubby during our honeymoon in September...been to CBR twice, ready for a new resort! heheh)

Good luck with your choice...hope I could help!

I completely understand the need for Palm trees on vacation!
I love the WL, but won't stay there for that reason, living in the North East, where we have been having winters that last 5 - 6 months...... I have no desire to stay at a "wintery, cozy, pine tree themed resort" as beautiful as the WL is...

I would suggest that your friend stay at CBR, the tropical theming will be just what she needs in December!
Tell her to go to the WL for dinner, that is what I do! :)

Laura :)

I think I mistakenly gave the impression that she thought the decorations were bare in my post, but she meant the outdoor landscaping of the real trees and shrubbery...she saw that some of the trees were bare as in their leaves were off. She has never been to Fl. during december and is not familiar with the landscape that time of year. I have only been further south(naples) in January and everything was still green there, so I was not much help to her. I am hoping she stays at CBR as this is kind of a big trip for them and we all know how little extras have a way of adding up. Not to mention the cost of the Holidays in general!
Thank you for your help...I will pass it on!:D

We have stayed at CBR at Christmas many times. It is a great place to be at the holidays. The Christmas Eve party and Santa Claus are great. I haven't stayed at WL but I would stay at CBR any day for Christmas.

Thanks Safetymom! You photos are just the thing to alleviate her fears! Certainly looks grrn and tropical to me! I notice that the food court is outdoor, was that cold in January? I am thinking of her heading out for breakfast and have read about some pretty low temp. in Dec.

The food court is indoors but they have a very nice outdoor patio. No need to sit outside unless you want to. We have sat outside in Dec. and Jan.

No need to worry about bare trees. The grounds are lush and tropical. In fact, if something should happen to a palm, they take it out and a new one appears. I've actually seen them doing it.

WL is wonderful but, to me, it's a great place to visit or for a meal but I want tropical when I'm in Florida. I've got plenty of pine trees here. ;)

My DD and I stayed at CB from Dec. 19-28th 2001. I wouldn't have traded it for anything. Santa and Mrs. Claus came on Xmas eve and spent time with the kids. They even had a xmas cookie making/decorating time on xmas eve for the kids to make cookies to leave for Santa. It was very magical and helped my DD believe for a bit longer. (she's now 8 and still believes :) ) We visited several other resorts and also ate at several of their restaurants to see the other resort themes and holiday decor. The mousekeepers we had were also wonderful and very much in the holiday spirit.
Steph

We stayed at CBR this past xmas and have stayed at WL in prior years. I hate to be the naysayer but WL offers a heck of a lot more decor, activities and just plain Christmas spirit.

CBR had just opened and we did not get any notice of a Christmas eve party or Santa. Don't know if we missed it or not. I enjoy the WL all around and it is not a winter feeling resort. You feel as if you are at a cabin in the woods on a summer vacation. Lots of outside places to relax and things to do. I really would recommend WL if the atmosphere is important for the holiday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter