• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CBR Bad reviews

MICKEY'S DREAMERS

WDW or Hawaii? This is the question!
HI!
we are booked at CBR for November 2022 and will need to finalize the payment soon.
We have read on Tripadvisor some horrible reviews about dirty rooms with bugs and we are wondering about switching to Pop Century. It looks like starting from July 2022 the CBR maintenance and cleaning are more and more lacking. Any thoughts? Thanks a lot
Laura

We stayed there August 2021 and our room was clean. Only downside we found to CBR was the size, cleanliness was no issue whatsoever.

Last edited:

Trip Advisor reviews are pointless for Disney hotels. Like completely pointless. Disregard them entirely and stay where you want.
We always found no matter what trip we have gone on and look there that we have never experienced at hotels what people have said in reviews. We always try things whether hotel or food and make up our own minds. We stayed at CBR in November and loved it! We were in a preferred room in Martinique and were so close to the food court. In the morning after we did everything we needed in Genie+ we made our mobile breakfast order which included a few allergy meals and clicked we are here and either on our way or had just gotten there received the message that our food was ready. On our Epcot and HS days took the internal bus to the Skyliner. We found the bus system wonderful.

I would ignore the reviews and stay at the resort that you want. We have some very close friends who stay at CBR every time they visit and love it. You'll read reviews that are all over the place for everything Disney. I've read bad reviews for WL and we love the place. I quit reading them years ago!!!

It is florida, and any time you have a ground floor room there is a good chance bugs will get in. CBR due to its sprawling low buildings layout has a high percentage of ground floor rooms. I’d suggest instead booking a tower style hotel (grand destino in the moderate category comes to mind) and regardless of where you stay request an upper floor.

I would look at the reviews but take them with a grain of salt. Most people go on trip advisor just to complain about every little thing possible like there some sort of professional critic, it’s ridiculous. Trip advisor is a great resource for hotel photos IRL because the hotel itself is only going to give you staged photos. The reviews on the other hand are just comical most of the time.

^^ I agree, some people just like to complain and many of those sites become a version of 'can you top this' where each person tries to outdo the prior reviews with all of their terrible experiences. Many probably exaggerate just to make a negative point about something. I would never choose where to stay based on reviews from people you don't know.

It's Florida. There are bugs. We had a lovely stay there last November. Very convenient to the Skyliner, clean and quiet room, and we loved Banana Cabana and Sebastians. We didn't use the pool because it was cool and we were without our child, but both the quiet pools and the main pool looked really nice.

HI!
we are booked at CBR for November 2022 and will need to finalize the payment soon.
We have read on Tripadvisor some horrible reviews about dirty rooms with bugs and we are wondering about switching to Pop Century. It looks like starting from July 2022 the CBR maintenance and cleaning are more and more lacking. Any thoughts? Thanks a lot
Laura
Looks like I’m the minority here but I LIKE reading the tripadvisor reviews, good and bad and I don’t take them with a grain of salt . I think it’s obvious when people are being picky but dirty photos don’t lie. I think there’s also normal amounts of Florida bugs and then gross amounts. Its easy to tell when people have a rare bad experience and in that case I would likely take my chances if it’s somewhere I really wanted to stay but if it’s a lot of complaints about the same thing I would move elsewhere. Personally, Disney in general seems to be one of the only hotels still that doesn’t offer daily housekeeping and that is a HUGE concern for me. I think it makes for larger messes at the end of a stay and harder to properly clean for the next guest (imo). People are moving their trash outside/in the halls because it’s not being taken care of daily, which leads to more messes/bugs. Again, just my person opinion, but I wouldn’t minimize other peoples experiences and I wouldn’t be okay with bugs “because it’s Florida” either. I mean one accidental one that got in there somehow fine, but I’ve seen some photos that are just not okay lol

There will always be more of a risk of bugs when the rooms open to the outside instead of a hall. However, if there are an unreasonable number, definitely demand another room.

Im my opinion, CBR is the least maintained of all the moderates. I love to walk around the resort, but dont care for the rooms. Port Orleans rooms are a little better, and CSR's rooms are TONS better.

Last edited:
I’ve stayed at 9 Disney resorts and that’s the only one I wouldn’t return to. My stay was in 2015, so things definitely could have improved since then, but the first room they gave us was dirty and had mold in the air conditioner. We requested a new room and that one was also dirty. The bus service was terrible and the resort was more spread out than I realized. I’m normally a person who could be accused of being a Disney apologist, and I’ve loved every other resort I’ve stayed at there. But it’s one of those “YMMV” situations. I’m sure lots of people have had lovely stays there and horrible stays at some of the places I like.

I’ve stayed at 9 Disney resorts and that’s the only one I wouldn’t return to. My stay was in 2015, so things definitely could have improved since then, but the first room they gave us was dirty and had mold in the air conditioner. We requested a new room and that one was also dirty. The bus service was terrible and the resort was more spread out than I realized. I’m normally a person who could be accused of being a Disney apologist, and I’ve loved every other resort I’ve stayed at there. But it’s one of those “YMMV” situations. I’m sure lots of people have had lovely stays there and horrible stays at some of the places I like.
BIG THANKYOU everyone :love1:for your much appreciated thoughts.
We stayed at CBR years ago and :love:absolutely loved it !!

It looks like that Mom who wrote on Tripadvisor had to kill 30 or so vermin IN ONE DAY ... which isn't imho the occasional Florida accident :sad2:
However I was seriously put down by reading that the whole CBR property is run down,tired and not well kept. Management doesn't care about complaints ? Not very Disney IMHO.
Somewhere else I saw that the Pirate rooms will be dismessed next year , while new reservations for normal rooms don't seem to be available ... mid 2023.
Could it be possible that Disney is willing to build a NEW hotel on CBR grounds ??

For us this will be our FIRST trip to WDW :rockband:after the pandemic, we have been dreaming of it for sooo long !!
so we will do some "shopping" around to find another Disney:flower: resort where I will sleep "sweet & relaxed dreams" :flower1:

Looks like I’m the minority here but I LIKE reading the tripadvisor reviews, good and bad and I don’t take them with a grain of salt . I think it’s obvious when people are being picky but dirty photos don’t lie. I think there’s also normal amounts of Florida bugs and then gross amounts. Its easy to tell when people have a rare bad experience and in that case I would likely take my chances if it’s somewhere I really wanted to stay but if it’s a lot of complaints about the same thing I would move elsewhere. Personally, Disney in general seems to be one of the only hotels still that doesn’t offer daily housekeeping and that is a HUGE concern for me. I think it makes for larger messes at the end of a stay and harder to properly clean for the next guest (imo). People are moving their trash outside/in the halls because it’s not being taken care of daily, which leads to more messes/bugs. Again, just my person opinion, but I wouldn’t minimize other peoples experiences and I wouldn’t be okay with bugs “because it’s Florida” either. I mean one accidental one that got in there somehow fine, but I’ve seen some photos that are just not okay lol
I pretty much agree with you. As with anything, people need to be discerning when reading reviews. Plenty of legitimate ones and many have pics to back it up. What is laughable to me are the folks who think Disney can do no wrong or that online reviewers must be newbs, exaggerating, etc.

Op, take it all into consideration - reviews from a variety of sources, info on here, number of consistent reports, your personal experiences, your risk acceptance/aversion, etc.

Your friend,
The prolific TrioAdvisor and Yelp reviewer :D

Trip Advisor reviews are pointless for Disney hotels. Like completely pointless. Disregard them entirely and stay where you want.
I'll go so far as to include Trip Advisor reviews are pointless. Like completely pointless. Everywhere. Disregard them entirely.

When the site first launched I found it useful. It's got some good info now, reviews are not it.

Since the resort has been completely reconfigured since 2015 it is hard to compare. You don't even check in at the same location now. That's the Riveria resort location now. That doesn't mean you'd love it and it does still have an internal bus but it doesn't have some of the same issues it had in 2015.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter