CBR 5th sleeper vs AOA Suite vs ASM Suite

lnuss1988

Mouseketeer
Based on mousesavers discounts I’ll come in under 5K for hotel and tickets which was my budget, but give me pros and cons for all resorts!! Family of five. Kids will be 12, 8 and 5 when we go.

Of the ones you've listed, I've only stayed at CBR:

Pros: a pool with a slide and hot tub. Table service restaurants (more than one if you count the Riviera resort.) Access to the skyliner
Cons: the 5 sleeper will give you the least amount of privacy. And only 1 bathroom

I haven't stayed at AOA, but I actually find the theming in the rooms kind of stressful. I think the decor of ASM suites looks beautiful (from the photos)-but ASM won't have the skyliner like AOA, if that's important to you.
For my family, the 5 sleeper at CBR would be our pick because we are ok with lack of privacy, and a pool slide/hot tub are important features for us.

Of the ones you've listed, I've only stayed at CBR:

Pros: a pool with a slide and hot tub. Table service restaurants (more than one if you count the Riviera resort.) Access to the skyliner
Cons: the 5 sleeper will give you the least amount of privacy. And only 1 bathroom

I haven't stayed at AOA, but I actually find the theming in the rooms kind of stressful. I think the decor of ASM suites looks beautiful (from the photos)-but ASM won't have the skyliner like AOA, if that's important to you.
For my family, the 5 sleeper at CBR would be our pick because we are ok with lack of privacy, and a pool slide/hot tub are important features for us.

My kids are young enough that the privacy thing hasn’t become a problem LOL I am really leaning towards wanting the skyliner

If you can afford a Suite at AoA then you an afford to stay anywhere. Given that I'd go with adjoining preferred rooms at Pop for the same price. Skyliner, multiple bathrooms, etc.

AoA theming is great for kids. Between the extra bathroom that is so helpful at bathtime, privacy for adults with a separate bedroom, and Skyliner access, it's been a go-to for my family for years.

The CBR 5th sleeper would be the most cramped, and the resort is so large that you could find yourself with a lot more walking required around the resort to get where you want to go.

I've heard the ASM family suites are a nice value, but it is bus-only travel. Sometimes shares buses with Sports and Movies. The resorts are furthest away from MK and Epcot, so you'll spend more time on the buses too compared to other resorts.

AOA hands down. Having a second bathroom makes a big difference with 5 people when trying to get ready and being on the skyliner is a nice added benefit that the music suites don't have.

Of the three, we (as a family) have only stayed at the AOA suites. I must admit I loved it more than I thought I would. The theming was fun, we walked around the resort and took pictures of all the characters one night just because we wanted to. The pool was awesome, and we loved floating in the pool and watching the "movie under the stars". Having two bathrooms was very helpful at more than just shower time. My boys are older now (young adults) but when they were growing up we always stayed at Pop in one room. And they always shared a bed. (Even last summer they shared a bed, they are brothers after all!) We never had any issues with privacy as it's not really a big thing in our house. And we only have one bathroom at home so we just dealt with it. And the skyliner from AOA/Pop is wonderful. We absolutely love it. A ride unto itself, regardless of park traveling.

We have stayed at both AoA suites and CBR. You will definitely prefer the space of the AoA suite with that many people, the kids will LOVE it. The age of the kids mean the pool at AoA will be fine. while Suites are all the same size, we prefer the light n brightness of Nemo, and it is most convenient for everything. Second favorite was Lion King but I am addicted to anything LK. AoA does have sky liner as well. It is just two trips via CBR. AoA also has the beauty of 1 bus stop for the other parks. Note if you stay at AoA you are one skyliner ride from CBR and all the food it offers, and one entertaining walk from POP and their food.

all that said CBR is our favorite resort and we stay there every time and it is even better now with skyliner. CBR has one of the best pools. I wouldn’t choose either CBR or AoA for the food, but food enjoyment is very subjective. You would all fit in a CBR room so if money is issue you won’t regret choosing CBR - recommend Jamaica.

havenot stayed at music suite but are thinking we may give it a go next time we are there. It doesn’t have skyliner, but we have stayed at plenty of places without sky liner and still had a great time and no matter what you read the Disney buses are not that bad -it is free transport. From music you can walk to movies and sport resorts.

CBR 5th sleeper has the new renovated rooms in Trinidad section
The rooms were beautiful and larger than at the Value resorts
It was a quick walk to the skyliner.
We love the pool and the slide, and there are also a lot of quiet pools for when the main pool is too busy
We love the AOA theming and actually went there to visit one morning (non park day) and the skyliner ride was fun, plus we noticed how quiet CBR was compared to AOA!

Attachments

• BF4D5395-B1A0-4221-B48E-0FEE5DCB73C1.jpeg
    BF4D5395-B1A0-4221-B48E-0FEE5DCB73C1.jpeg
    40.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 78A3F653-DE62-4B30-96B1-D3AF51BE7A96.jpeg
    78A3F653-DE62-4B30-96B1-D3AF51BE7A96.jpeg
    84.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 90225552-AD13-4480-876B-891055BBBE03.jpeg
    90225552-AD13-4480-876B-891055BBBE03.jpeg
    39.6 KB · Views: 16
Have not stayed at the ASMu suites but have to say, the layout and theming is more appealing than the AofA suites to us. We've considered these for the second bathroom since we have teen girls and these suites were more recently redone so they're much more modern. Of all of your choices, it might help to have the extra bathroom that come in the suites and having doors to close if someone's in bed early or napping.

But the downside of ASMu suites is no skyliner, you at least get that with AofA and CBR which is nice transportation perk. Negatives of CBR is that the resort is really big and the regular rooms, that are not in Trinidad, are some of the oldest on property right now so they do show their age. If you choose CBR, request Jamaica or Aruba section so you're not far from the skyliner and close to the bridge to the lobby/pool.

I like AofA and the skyliner is great but I'm not a fan of the layout and furnishings of the suites. I think the theming is really cute and it's a great use of space but the furnishings are not the most inviting, like the vinyl couch in your "living room" cars suite. Not comfy :( I think Lion King and Nemo have fabric couches but then the chairs are hard plastic and oddly shaped. It's sort of like Ikea meets pediatrician doctor office waiting room. My kids are older now so this theming would be lost on them but the ages of your kids, they would likely love it. I would recommend that you prioritize what is most important for your family and go from there. If you won't be in your room much and just looking for convenient transport, you can't beat AofA, CBR would be my 2nd choice and ASMu last

As a family of 5, two bathrooms is a must for us when getting out the door in the morning and trying to get everyone into bed at night after a long day at the parks. We loved the skyline the one time we rode it last summer so it boiled down to risking it with two rooms connecting or a family suite at AoA. We landed on a family suite. We stayed in a LM room at AoA a few years ago and loved the resort so we can't wait to try a suite!

I would choose the AOA suite for the two bathrooms and the theme for the kids. The pool is pretty and it's a fun resort especially for kids. I've not stayed at CBR, but likely never will because it is very large. We stayed at CSR which is also a large spread out property and it was my least favorite resort because of the size alone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter