CBBR vs RPR Jan 2018?

paceyswife

Mouseketeer
I am so happy to be on these boards again! Thank you especially Schumigirl and Macraven for all your past advice... I learned so much. I didn't think it would happen for at least another two or three years but my husband has a work conference in Orlando 1/2-1/5/18 and I "convinced" him that giving our sons a long weekend at Universal would be an awesome Xmas gift (We had decided to wait to return again until my 8 year old would be tall enough for ALL the rides... he is small for his age and that could be awhile!).
I can only pull the kids out of school for one day as it's getting tougher for the older son to make up work. We can do both parks in two days and I'm not worried about Volcano Bay (brr... January) but my concern is crowds. Our last stay was end of August 2016 and crowds were manageable without Express Pass. We stayed at Cabana and loved it. I will be flying down most likely Friday 1/5 and using parks Saturday and Sunday. Fly home on Monday.
I've thought about booking APH at Royal Pacific when it's available,if available, and purchasing one season pass (I can't believe it's only $20+ more than two day pass) or stay at Cabana again and hope for light or same crowds as last August. No line was really more than 45 minutes other than Kong and that was because it was a downpour and everyone ran for shelter! Does APH work for Cabana as well? If so, and you think crowds won't be heavy, I'd book suite there again.
I'm trying to justify (in my mind) all cost... flights, hotel.... for three days. Right now pricing it out for three days is what we paid for an all inclusive for the four of us for a week.
Thanks!!! Looking forward to the next several months of counting down!

Not sure how the holidays fall next year but the parks stayed busy through the 9th or 10th this year. Get express at royal and enjoy your two days is my vote.

Last edited:
How fabulous you get to come back sooner than you thought! Always a bonus.........amazing Christmas present too, they'll love that as a gift.....

I'd go for RP too, despite my obvious bias, it can still be busy like pcstang said.......

And happy planning........:)

Not sure how the holidays fall next year but the parks stayed busy through the 9th or 10th this year. Get express at royal and enjoy your two days is my vote.

Agreed here. With the first being on a Monday, a lot of American schools will not return from Christmas break until the 8th. It may likely still be a bit busier than you might expect.

Thank you all! My boys go back to school on 1/2... they only get one week off. I was hoping it was like that throughout and the holiday crowds would have returned home. I suppose that's why we get that February break.
I will keep watching the rates for RPR and hope it's not too crazy. With only two park days, we won't be in the room to do anything but sleep and shower. The EP makes sense, I just hate to spend the extra (and use the persuasion tactics on the DH.. lol) and have low/manageable crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter