• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CB vs all star sports vs old key west

Cmeller

Earning My Ears
We found rt plane tickets under $100 to Orlando in early June and our family (mom, Dad, 8 year old, 4.5 year old) are going to make a unscheduled trip to DW. We have been Disney cruising lately but thought our youngest would like to see Disney again as he’s a big older and can go on all the rides now.

Quick question: we usually stay at moderates love riverside and French quarter but booked CB this time and know they have a ton of construction. The only thing that will likely bother us is buses not arriving frequently. Would we be better off using all star sports if the buses will be more frequent or spend a little more and go old key west? Everything else is more than we would want to spend since this is not our “main” vacation this year.

We found rt plane tickets under $100 to Orlando in early June and our family (mom, Dad, 8 year old, 4.5 year old) are going to make a unscheduled trip to DW. We have been Disney cruising lately but thought our youngest would like to see Disney again as he’s a big older and can go on all the rides now.

Quick question: we usually stay at moderates love riverside and French quarter but booked CB this time and know they have a ton of construction. The only thing that will likely bother us is buses not arriving frequently. Would we be better off using all star sports if the buses will be more frequent or spend a little more and go old key west? Everything else is more than we would want to spend since this is not our “main” vacation this year.

Bus frequency is not affected by the construction at Caribbean Beach. Actually with the removal of 576 rooms, the buses are much less crowded.

If you want good bus service I would stay away from Old Key West. They have the worst buses of any resort I've stayed at.

Would we be better off using all star sports if the buses will be more frequent or spend a little more and go old key west?
I would consider the buses similar from one resort to the next-- sometimes you just happen to miss the bus and are waiting 20 minutes and other times you hit it right and the bus is just pulling up. So if you put that issue aside, which resort meets your needs? I believe at CB the QS location is finally open, so no more eating out of food trucks or a tent, but there still is construction going on. So if you were left choosing between All star and OKW - you need to look at the pro/cons of each resort. OKW will have larger rooms and have boat access to disney springs, All star might fit the bill if you don't necessarily care about the room amenities, size or the resort if your main focus is the parks and saving money is more important than staying at a deluxe.

You are really comparing 2 resorts in 2 very different categories - deluxe and value. So if you have the money i would go OKW, if you need to save on the room because everything else is more expensive then go All star. If you are really unsure of what each resort has to offer then look at youtube videos and check out some video reviews of the rooms you are considering. There are many video reviews, walking tours through the resorts so from that you might get a better feel if you want to stay at one more than the other.

If you think you could afford OKW, -- you could always just decide on All star and with the money saved on the room plan a special dinner or book a dessert party. I always feel that with some savings in one area you can do other things to make the trip still special and not feel like you are compromising everything.

The buses are the buses are the buses. In theory they run the same amount of time between them at every resort. Obviously, the ones with more than one stop are going to take longer to get around to all the stops than the ones with one stop but otherwise, you are going to get the same service. I've stayed at every single resort at WDW except AoA, ASMU, ASMovies, WL and SS and have had good and bad, quick and slow, long walks and no walks at every single one. I wouldn't let buses factor into the decision.

Thanks for the replies. I think we will just hang tight at CB. The slide in the pool is the biggest reason we do moderates but some of the reviews were making it sound like the construction were making it impossible to walk around and buses were terrible.

We will stick it out as planned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter