CB family suites

vikkil70

Mouseketeer
We are getting ready to plan our first trip to Universal and am looking to book Cabana Bay. We are interested in the family suites so we have the kitchenette but saw two different types, Tower and Courtyard. What is the difference between the two (I am guessing since one is a tower that it is more floors) and do you prefer one over the other? Is one closer to the amenities than the other? Thank you in advance for your help.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Perfect answers.

Tower has windows by beds, courtyard has windows in living room. Both have front doors that enter into the kitchen/living room.

Thank you so much for your replies. This really helps. We have done Disney several times but Universal is all new to us and we are going in December, so just two months to learn all I can.

When we stayed we wanted the same thing. Besides the corridors are air conditioned too and directly attached to the main lobby areas, no going outside.
Yup. I'm definitely interested in this for chilly January mornings. I can go get breakfast without having to go outside more than I have to. :)

Yup. I'm definitely interested in this for chilly January mornings. I can go get breakfast without having to go outside more than I have to. :)

I was there last January. We were at the Courtyard suite and we weren't that far away from the lobby. So we were able to duck the wind. But yes you might want the tower room. It was cold very cold (for Florida). They shut down the pool.

Thank you again for all the help. I just booked our trip and we chose a Tower Room suite. Hubby liked the idea of inside entry. We will be going Dec. 14-18 and are very excited for our first trip to UO/IOA.

Thank you again for all the help. I just booked our trip and we chose a Tower Room suite. Hubby liked the idea of inside entry. We will be going Dec. 14-18 and are very excited for our first trip to UO/IOA.

You've chosen a wonderful time to go. All the holiday stuff is up but the crowds won't have arrived.

We chose Courtyard suites not knowing what Tower or Courtyard meant. Our room was on the back of the resort, but it faced Hogwarts Castle! It wasn't very far away from the bus stop and the bayliner diner, but I guess tower suites would be more convenient.

I am going in a couple of weeks and have a tower suite. I can't wait! I also chose the location for the indoor hallways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter