• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Category 5E on the Fantasy

aliciamakino

Mouseketeer
So we are booked in a GTY 5E on the Fantasy, I'm trying to find some info on what we can expect from this category. From what I can gather, should be a room AFT, decks 6-10 and perhaps vary in room and balcony size by the room. Anyone have pics? Can speak to their experience in this category? Also, if they only have so many rooms in this category, why haven't they assigned my room yet!?! (impatiently waiting).

I stayed in room 9176, Category 5E on the Disney Dream in Sept. 2019. I requested this room as it was dead center and provided ample space and views. As my traveling party only consisted of 2 adults, we did not mind the longer walk to the aft, also very quiet low traffic area of the ship. I think you will be happy with any 5E cabin you are assigned as they can be found on decks 5-10. Some are handicap accessible and have the largest wrap around verandahs. The rest are all about the same size as well, which is plenty! The configurations of the verandas vary slightly and since my cabin was centered, it seemed to provide more space . Hardly any motion was felt at all! Would not hesitate to book 5E again!

Last edited:
There are tons of pics that exist for this category around and honestly, can't access mine at the moment. We have stayed in 8188, 8682, and 10658. 8188 is similar to the @Andrew96 post above just one deck below. These dead center rooms are a bit wider because there is a storage closet to one side of the room (viewable on deckplans). These rooms get the extra space as a result.

8682 is a large corner room. While only a few of them are officially handicap rooms, these ones do provide some accessibility features. This particular room had a single bathroom with a combined roll in shower with seat. It also had a slow close door and I think equipped with visual alerts for hearing impaired. The couch and bed were so far from the TV that it was comically small. There is no privacy curtain either in the room and the couch is directly adjacent to the bed. No pulldown berth. The bed is also next to the connecting door. The balcony is absolutely massive and can get plenty of sun. 8682 was given to us under a 5e GTY rate.

10658 was also a 5eGTY room for us and sleeps 4. There is no privacy curtain. The room is nearly the same layout as any other 5e stateroom (save the corners), with the exception that there is a little less space with regards to the desk and cabinets due to the curve of the ship at the rear. The room is great if you have a pack n play, just bring magnetic hooks and some old curtains for a room separator. Again, the balcony is massive, likely bigger than the one on deck 8. There is some minor noise you may hear from Cabanas above but as we have young kids, we were always up before that occurred.

I think it is deck 6 that has the flag hung while in port at room 6192.

We find that 5e works well for our family dynamic and what we like to do while on board. The vibrations are not bothersome to us, but are to others. There are instances of smoke soot from the funnels that can occur typically at night. So be aware of that and your stewards will clean it for you.

Thank you for your post! I have looked at pics and found a few YouTube videos, which helped. And also from reading people's comments of getting "upgraded" from 5E to 4, I have asked our TA to put please dont upgrade. We have our hearts set on that Aft extended verandah.

Thank you for your post! I have looked at pics and found a few YouTube videos, which helped. And also from reading people's comments of getting "upgraded" from 5E to 4, I have asked our TA to put please dont upgrade. We have our hearts set on that Aft extended verandah.
We did the same to put in our reservation that we would prefer a 5e. I suspect that the GTY rooms are generally deck 10 or some of the corner rooms with weird occupancy requirements. The "normal" 5e get booked quickly.

I was not a fan of the 5E. I hated having to stand up to look over the white wall portion of the veranda. I like to be able to sit in my chair or lounger and see the water.

We always book 5E. We’ve done gty 5E a few times too. Twice we got our 5E when booking it via gty. Once was a regular room on deck 9 and the last time was November 2019 and got a corner room on deck 7. The corner room was big. The veranda wraps, but doesn’t offer much shade. some of the corners are held for HA reasons so are normally the last to get assigned. Keep in mind that these room do not have split bathrooms and usually a roll in shower only (no tub). They were perfect for us. Though I do like the 5E rooms that have part shade on the veranda.

We stayed in 9174 in August 2018 and have 7690 booked for July 2021. We loved the larger balcony and the views at the ports. We would have booked higher for 2021 but they were all taken already. The only thing we found was some soot/black dust on the loungers and deck some mornings. We kept a towel by the sliding door to wipe our feet on when we were going in and out from the balcony. We found there were some vibrations when docking but they didn’t seem to bother us.

We absolutely love these cabins! We stayed in 8188, 7194, 9674 and 9670! It is a bit shaky back there at times and sometimes a film of black on the chairs and verandah but we love spending our time on the verandah and the larger verandah gives us extra space for our family of 4.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter