Category 5 or 6?

Poly Pal

DIS Veteran
I'm pretty new to the DCL Board, so I apologize for asking what has probably been asked and answered before.

Is there any difference between Cat 5 and Cat 6 staterooms other than the deck level? Are there any advantages or disadvantages of one over the other? How can I tell which cabins sleep 4 vs 3?

Thanks for any advice!

The only difference is the deck they are on. Some people prefer being up higher.

As for which sleep 3 and which sleep 4 I think there is a small indicator on the deck plan but it is hard to read. I would suggest that when talking to your TA or DCL that you tell them what area you would like to be in (mid-ship, aft, etc.) and they will book you in a room that hold the right amount.

The cabins are the same size, and the only difference, just as WDWLVR said, is price and location. Go for the cheaper one on the lower deck if available.

MJ

If you use one of the online booking sites and say you need a cat 6 for 4 people, it will show you available quad cabins. You can also do a search here on quad & get some posts with specififc room #s. The deck plans aren't labelled anymore, but the areas with a lot of connecting cabins tend to hold 4 vs 3.

You can't be booked into a cabin for 3 if you have 4 in your party.

We're doing both on our cruise this Oct. (1-#5 & 1-#6) & the cabins are side-by-side. The difference is that our kids will have a Navigators Verandah & we will have a full verandah. It's all about cost. You're best to do what everyone suggested so far - speak w/your TA, DCL themselves & peruse the book very carefully.

Personally, I've never understood why some people are willing to pay more money just to be a deck or two higher. My personal preference is to be also close to the water as possible, so deck 5 is my favorite because it's the deck with the lowest verandah staterooms.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Originally posted by dclwdwlover
We're doing both on our cruise this Oct. (1-#5 & 1-#6) & the cabins are side-by-side.
Is it possible this is a 6 & a 7? Or a 5 & a 7?

You are absolutely right. Sorry. It's a Cat. 6 & Cat. 7 ON Deck 5. I should have checked before shooting off my big "mouth". I always get the deck/category #'s mixed up.:) :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter