Catamaran sailing in St John or Tortola?

erikawolf2004

DIS Veteran
We are going on the Eastern Caribbean sailing in March and really want to go sailing. Trying to decide if we should go in St Thomas to St John or do it in Tortola. If we go in St Thomas we would really like to go to Trunk Bay on St John. Anyone go that had a great experience? TIA

Erika

We've done a catamaran to Trunk Bay. The beach is beautiful, but the snorkeling was lacking, if you're looking for that. Tortola I've only done beaches, which are beautiful!

Aristocat sails out of Tortola to several snorkeling spots. I haven't used them yet as my kids are nervous in open water but they come highly recommended.

we jsut got back from Tortola and St. Thomas. We did Baths in Tortola and Catamaran Sail & Snorkel in St. Thomas. We LOVED the catamaran in St. Thomas - not as happy with Tortola. I'm surprised DCL goes to Tortola - we found it unpleasant.

we jsut got back from Tortola and St. Thomas. We did Baths in Tortola and Catamaran Sail & Snorkel in St. Thomas. We LOVED the catamaran in St. Thomas - not as happy with Tortola. I'm surprised DCL goes to Tortola - we found it unpleasant.
What did you find unpleasant?

What did you find unpleasant?

While I realize and appreciate that Tortola is still in the cleanup process, it just wasnt a very fun or upbeat place. I thought the selection of local shopping and food to be lacking. No, I'm not looking for a sterilized tourist area - I just want to support their economy by shopping / eating / drinking - I think they need more opportunities for tourists like me to hand over my cash :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter