Cat 7 Navigators Verandah

scott.campbell

BWV & Vero Owner
Just booked for next year, 31st July Western. Any comment regarding Cat 7, particulary the enclosed verandah would be welcome. Just to reassure me that I did not need to do the jump to Cat 6.

Hi
Delighted to see a fellow Scot going on a disney cruise. You are in for a magical time. We've done the Eastern once and the Western twice - going back Aug 7th 2004 for the new eastern cruise- we will wave to you as you disembark!
No help on the cat 7 as we have always done the cat 11 - there are only 2 of us and it is what I can afford! However any other questions please feel free to ask or pm me.
Wendy

My husband and I sailed in cat. 7( 6642) and loved it. The balcony is very private. Cozy if the weather is cool or windy but open enough to stay cool on warm days.We would have chosen this category again if we weren't bringing the children this time.

scott.campbell,
I think ANY verandah is GREAT ( I have never had one....) You can go to Barb and Tony's website and see pictures of the different verandahs and rooms. go to www.castawayclub.com

We've had both the regular and the navigator veranda and actually prefer the navigator. It is more private and cozy than a regular one. Instead of two chairs and a table you have one chair, a small wood table, and a padded bench.

The bottom is sold so you can't see the water as well, but when I'm on the bench reading a book and look up I always get a beautiful view of what we are sailing past.

Originally posted by WDWLVR
The bottom is sold so you can't see the water as well,

how much did you sell it for?? you should have tried to get enough to pay for your cruise...:jester:

Originally posted by Jeanny
how much did you sell it for?? you should have tried to get enough to pay for your cruise...:jester:

BD has trained you well :D

The only reason you might want to upgrade to a cat 6 instead of a 7 is if you need the additional bed space (the 7 only sleeps 3, the 6 sleeps 4). Otherwise, other than the veranda issue, you are getting a cat 6 room for less money. They are otherwise identical (from my experience). I also prefer the coziness and privacy of the navigators verandah. I'd only upgrade if I could upgrade to one of the big suites!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter