Cat 5E Aft Room Question

Love this tread. We were able to book rooms 10658, 10660 and 10662 for our very first cruise with DCL on the Fantasy for next year. Tell me how much we are going to "hate" these rooms!! That way no one else will want to book them so we can get them again in the future. We had aft rooms on another cruise line when we did the Panama Canal many years ago, so we know how lucky we got. :banana::dance3:

We booked room 10664 for our trip next year. Can't wait!!!

Hubby & I stayed in rm 10162(I believe) last summer on the Dream and we Loved it! We had second seating for dinner so got back to room late in evening, but never heard noise at night. Only heard chair noise in AM when I think guest, not crew were dragging chairs. We loved the large balcony! Actually slept on the lounge chairs for a few hours our 1st night:) and woke up to pulling into Nassau with the best view I've ever had in 10+crusies.

as for noise on deck 10 rooms it I'd really a non issue for both myself and my wife. we've stayed deck 10 twice and both love it. deck 10 midshipman is ideal for convenience. we usually try to get a room close to the main elevator-stair bank as it is right close to adult pool areas spa and quick service food. we gorge on pineapple when we cruise.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

We stayed in this room on the Fantasy last Thanksgiving. AWESOME room - absolutely HUGE - probably 3X the size of a regular room. Wrap around balcony was fantastic - loved the lounge chairs, but I couldn't stand to be out there when the ship was moving because of the smell. But, if the ship was moving slow or docked, it was great. You will have a great time - enjoy!

staying in 8682 on the dream next week. It never showed up when I looked online to book it but our TA was able to snag it for us.

I certainly liked our views from 10166 (center) when leaving St Thomas last year :) As far as the noise from Cabanas, I think we heard some while they were cleaning, but was definitely not enough to wake us up at night or bother us during the day....we booked same room next year on the Dream :thumbsup2 I found it very convenient and easy to run up one flight of stairs to get breakfast for the family and bring it back to the room. Plenty of verandah space....both covered and uncovered
Thanks for sharing! We booked this room (10166) for our 7-night Caribbean on the Fantasy in October 2015. We are so excited! I almost drooled when I saw pics of the verandah, and knew we had to book it! :) I can't wait to quickly run up to Cabanas, grab breakfast, and head back down to eat on a lounger in peace instead of searching through noisy crowds for a table. Hehe.

I probably should not tell you this, but I saw 5E availability on a cruise I'm contemplating (and would want to book that room)... the Jan 5 4-night Dream... I believe they were on Deck 6... Of course, if you get the room and we end up on the cruise, you will have to invite me to your verandah for a drink! LOL!

We stayed in this room on the Fantasy last Thanksgiving. AWESOME room - absolutely HUGE - probably 3X the size of a regular room. Wrap around balcony was fantastic - loved the lounge chairs, but I couldn't stand to be out there when the ship was moving because of the smell. But, if the ship was moving slow or docked, it was great. You will have a great time - enjoy!

What smell?

staying in 8682 on the dream next week. It never showed up when I looked online to book it but our TA was able to snag it for us.

Some of those corner afts do not show up for general booking (they have many HA featues, but were lacking some things required to make them designated as such). I was able to book 8682 on the Fantasy by calling. The CM on the phone made sure I knew that there is one bathroom with an open shower design to avoid any misunderstanding.

Enjoy your trip and please come back and tell me how wonderful the cabin is. Can't wait to see that verandah!

Family did Dream Aug.2013 stateroom 10662 and it was AWESOME stairs not busy at all you have them all to yourself. Less then 2min tops for food above on 11 which we didn't hear any chairs in the morning wait we was already up and upstairs, but even on mid day naps no noise at all. and the DECK I say DECK 4 chairs with sun cover and space to sit in the sun. Nobody that was on 11th was looking down on us from what I saw. Would I book that stateroom again IN A NEW YORK MINUTE.....only sad part about AFT rooms was you get to see the port of call fading off in the distance when you leave LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter