Cat 1-3 Amenities

samplecd

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I am going on my first Disney Cruise and I am in a Cat 3. I have been told many of the amenities that come with that category such as priority embarkation, massages in room, reservations made for you at Palos and so forth. But, I cant find anything on Disney or in the brochure that lists the amenities. Could someone who has stayed in one of these rooms please let me know what all is included for amenities? Thanks!!!

Cynthia

On our June 28th cruise we were in 8532 and we received -
  • Daily cards that told the next days weather
  • Daily calls to see if we needed anything
  • Daily treats (chocolates, petit fours, fruit, truffles)
  • Different shampoo etc than is in the other cabins (our daughter staying in a category 5 stole ours)
  • Lots of attention!
  • Easy to make reservations (Tea at Palo; dinner at Palo; brunch at Palo)
  • Easy to change reservations
  • Copies of all the menus for each restaurant
  • Full breakfast served in the cabin complete with tablecloth etc.
  • Last day breakfast in the cabin
  • Special sail away party
  • Special greeting party
  • Cokes, etc (and water) for the 1st day

The room was huge. My mother (staying in next door category 3) totally missed the 2nd bathroom at first. We had more drawer space, closet space and shelf space than we knew what to do with. The room was filled with books and pictures and decorations. It was really very nice.

Hi Cynthia, and welcome! :)

I've stayed in a Cat. 3 twice and the in-room massage thing was never offered, not sure where you heard that. :) The spa is just upstairs though, and heavenly, so do go there.

After embarkation you will go to a concierge reception where you can:

* Make Palo reservations
* Make spa reservations
* Get tickets for things like wine tasting at Palo and Tea with Wendy
* Make shore excursion reservations
* Enroll any kids in the children's programming

The concierge staff will be in touch with you pretty much daily to see if you need anything and they will drop off small gifts from time to time, such as fruit, cookies and milk, etc. All of the menus from the restaurants will be in your room and you can order room service from any of them IF it as at the time they would normally be served. You can also order a hot room service breakfast daily.

The best benefit will be your fabulous stateroom. :)

Enjoy!

They will do an in-room massage, although I don't know if they publicize it much. They bring a massage table down to your stateroom. I think that's why it's only offered in the suites...because they need the space it set it up and that would be a bit too tight in a standard room.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Originally posted by WebmasterMichelle
The best benefit will be your fabulous stateroom.

Did you find you spent enough time in the stateroom to justify the expense? I guess I have leaned toward the "buy the least room you need because you won't be there much" theory.

For us the extra room was perfect. We used the room as a gathering point for the rest of the family, sat on the enormous veranda and watched the waves, etc. For some the cost would not be worth it. For us, the time in the cabin was very special and the feeling of being totally pampered contributed to the overall enjoyment of the cruise.

samplecd -
As everyone has said , the concierge service is really nice however the suite itself makes the extra cost worth while.
The extra space, the very large verandah , the decor and the special treatment that you get from the concierge team make the cruise in one of these suites memorable. We have been on 3 cruises and all 3 have been in the concierge suites. We did spend a good deal of time in our suite and enjoyed every minute of it. It makes the whole cruise really special. I will give you one warning about staying in one of these suites however and that is that once you have stayed in one you will be spoiled and staying in a reguler room , although terrific , just won't make it. We are permanently stuck on these suites.

Bronco Joe, yes, we really did spend a fair amount of time in our stateroom when we sailed with a Cat. 3. It's also nice to have the separate bedroom from our child. :)

We have done 10 Disney cruises, I think, so we tend to stay in the room more (when we have a suite) just to relax and enjoy. It is a nice SPLURGE but certainly not a necessary one to have a fabulous cruise...I have had just a good a time on a cruise in a Cat. 6. :)

Don't know what else I can add here that hasn't been said already, other than to reaffirm that it is definitely worth it!

In-room menus so you can 'look ahead' at what is for dinner, or order full meals to your stateroom, is nice.

The large rooms are wonderful. "Breathing room", as I like to call it. Plenty of room for those of us who like to host DIS parties!! We have had as many as 20 in our cat 3 stateroom at once (including several on the verandah) with no problem.

The concierge briefing on the first day is helpful as well, as you can book Palo, Spa, etc. all from one spot, with people who are not only helpful, but anxious to be so!

If you like to be truly spoiled, and like a larger room, you'll love the cat 3. I promise!!

'Beano':cool:

I totally agree with Stewblue & Howard K1613.

We had a Cat3 on a 4 day and once I entered I knew we were going to come back and take a 7 day and absolutely rebook a Cat3.

Just with DD4 vs. DS10/DS13 - the separate bedroom was heaven! And DS13 has a cheesecake love affair going and he was delighted in having it anytime he wanted.

I mention more about conceirge in my trip report on the Trip Report board.

We can't wait to go back!

Who knows - maybe if we get a really big tax return this year...

Howard 613 is right--it's hard to go back after being in a suite. We have sailed three times, once in a cat4 and twice in a suite, and we spent more time in the room with a suite because it was amazing!! everyone had their own TV,, big plus to my DH and sons, huge dining room table to have everyone gather for breakfast, late night snacks, and of course the verandah!!!
The perks from concierge are nice, and boarding first was great, but the suite itself is the biggest perk. We splurge on our vacations, but for a lot of people the extra cost wouldn't be worth it. It all depends,, but if you win the lottery don't hesitate---that's what I'm hoping for before we go again!!!

On the Jan 11 Wonder, we're booked in a Cat 3 and I am so excited! Everything I've read sounds great. I can hardly wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter