• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Castle Wedding Pics ?

JohnsPrincess

DIS Veteran
Okay...I know basically "everything" you spend money on the day of your wedding (that has to do with it) counts towards your minimum. I want to get the photos at the castle and such done...but don't think I want to get up at the crack of dawn the morning of my wedding. I think I know the answer to this...but figured I'd check just in case. If we got it done the morning before or after...would it count towards the minimun?

I was told yes and no. I know that usually the offical answer is no, but I have been told that since there was some confusion for me it would count.

Thank you guys! ...that's what I figured.

JonetteA - you lucky girl!! It's kind of a bummer. I'm thinking of going with Randy Chapman for the wedding photo's so that's at least 1,000 over budget. If I do the Castle pics a different day that'll be even MORE over. :guilty: Plus I REALLY don't want him to see me in my dress before the wedding...but I guess it would be okay. I don't know. We'll see. Guess it won't hurt to ask anyways. :rolleyes:

When we were going to do it all in one day, b/c it is so early, I was going to have the pictures of us first seeing each other done by Disney. I am going to take my pictures before the ceremony so it really didn't matter to me. I just wanted to be free after the ceremony to enjoy the party with all of my family and friends.

Another option you have is to have it taken on a different vacation. We aren't crazy about the 50th decor, so we plan on having our MK session on a later anniversary.

only events/items on the day of your wedding count towards your minimum.

mufasa - the only thing with doing the session at another time years later, is you could only do the honeymoon session then no wedding attire. you are only allowed to do the bridal portrait in your wedding attire as a disney bride/vrbride the week of the wedding. i was hesitant at first because we didnt like the 50th decor but now its grown on us & we are doing the bridal portrait there 3 days after the wedding.

twojo21 - I believe mufasa is correct. As long as you are a DFTW bride you can schedule the early morning MK photo shoot for a later time.

I actually like the 50th decorations! Of course, I've been over here since they've been up so I haven't seen them in person... Will they still have them up September of next year? I think so...until Oct of next year...right??

We did our Magic Kingdom pictures the next morning, which was very early,and we looked downright exhausted! But, we were somehow able to work it into our photography package. We basically cut and pasted the 10 hour photo package to include a high resolution cd and most of the MK pictures. we only had to pay $300 extra, so i believe that counted toward our minimum. But they forgot to deliver my flowers that morning so we didn't end up paying anything at all.

Icgymnast, did you have a night reception/ wedding? We are doing ours in the morning. Does anyone know if they do the sessions on a Saturday?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter