• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Castle lighting

Any idea what night they are going to start it?

A few nights into November.
They can start lighting it as early Nov. 1 (without the "ceremony.")

I figure Nov. 3 as a good start date.

(But, what do I know?) ;)

What time of night are the normally on by? We'll be there early December.

A few nights into November.
They can start lighting it as early Nov. 1 (without the "ceremony.")

I figure Nov. 3 as a good start date.

(But, what do I know?) ;)

I hope you're right! We'll be there Nov. 4th and 8th. The one Christmas decoration I'm excited to see is the castle lit up, but on the 8th we need to leave early for a Disney Springs ADR and won't see it. (For 11/8, the day of the first Christmas party, I either saw the lighting ceremony listed on Disney's calendar or read on a blog that it was scheduled for that night. I don't care about the ceremony, just the lights being on.)

Partially related question; does the lighting “ceremony” continue in the week(s) after Christmas till the lights are taken down? Or are the lights just turned on in the evenings without it?

Partially related question; does the lighting “ceremony” continue in the week(s) after Christmas till the lights are taken down? Or are the lights just turned on in the evenings without it?
Ceremony should cease Dec. 30-31, or a few days after.

BTW, they usually don't take the lights down until a few weeks following the new year, but they stop lighting them around Jan. 10th.

Ceremony should cease Dec. 30-31, or a few days after.

BTW, they usually don't take the lights down until a few weeks following the new year, but they stop lighting them around Jan. 10th.

Thank you! That’s good to know. :)

Any updates on this and specifically what date they will start the frozen lighting ceremony? I saw one website said 11/4 but it’s still not on Disney’s website or anywhere else???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter