• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Castle Fireworks View

farlinm1

Mouseketeer
Can you see the Castle fireworks show from the Tomorrowland Skyline Lounge or is the view pretty limited?? Thanks.....

I haven't done it, but only because I've heard you can see the fireworks, but not really any of the projections or stuff on the Castle.... so the cost always seemed a little confusing to me since it doesn't really sound like the best spot. (Unless you just care about the fireworks.... but then the top floor of the parking structure is pretty dang great view too :P)

oh ok, thanks for the tip...
Believe me, I've been dying for a way to get a prime main street spot to see the fireworks and castle and it sounds like the only way to do that is with a VIP package... (thousands of dollars for 8 hour VIP/tour)

They promote it more as a different view of Disneyland vs a firework seating area. The site says you can catch a "glimpse" of the fireworks and like any other day they have fireworks, fireworks "are subject to change or cancellation without notice" (Disneyland.disney.go.com).

Kriss :tink:

Believe me, I've been dying for a way to get a prime main street spot to see the fireworks and castle and it sounds like the only way to do that is with a VIP package... (thousands of dollars for 8 hour VIP/tour)
The benches on the North Spoke of the Hub are for VIP Tours, but the viewing area in front of the castle has been greatly expanded :thumbsup2
The "prime" viewing area available to everyone was limited to the street between Hub and Castle, with the sidewalk between the street and Castle kept open as a walkway.
Recently, the area between the sidewalk and castle moat was made available for fireworks viewing -- this is for the Mickey's Mix Magic, and might be different when the show changes.

You can't see the castle at all from the Skyline Lounge. You also cannot see any of the projections on the buildings on Main Street from the Lounge. When are your trip dates? MMM ends June 6th and Disneyland Forever begins June 7th. DF was made to be viewed from different areas -- and to be a different experience from each of those areas. So you can view from the castle, but you'll miss the projections on Main Street. You can view from IASW, but it won't be the same as the castle. You can view from ROA, but it won't be the same as IASW. You get the picture. Disney wants guests to view the show more than once and from more than one area. What they don't want is guests camping out for hours in front of the castle or in the middle of Main Street -- and with DF, you really won't have to do that to have a good experience with the show.

Thanks for all the helpful reply's!!! I think I will just stand somewhere on Main St and view from there:):)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter