• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Castaway Club Lanyards

4plutofans

Earning My Ears
Do the current lanyards have Mickey shaped card holders, as opposed to the original clear plastic? I heard they made a change, but I am wondering if they were only for last year's 25th Anniversary sailings.

Do the current lanyards have Mickey shaped card holders, as opposed to the original clear plastic? I heard they made a change, but I am wondering if they were only for last year's 25th Anniversary sailings.
They are still the Mickey shaped ones

Mickey - unless you’re cruising on the Wonder down under. We got lumped with all the old stock of Castaway Club gifts.
When did you sail on the Wonder down under? Just asking b/c when we sailed from Honolulu-->Sydney, we got the Mickey lanyards as well as all the up to date CC gifts. Wondering if they ran out of all the current CC items and had old stuff as back stock in case they could not get more of the current CC items sent to AU. We'll be on the Sydney-->Honolulu sailing next month, so wondering what we'll get then. 🤔

When did you sail on the Wonder down under?
We cruised in December. From all reports that I read, the new gifts were provided on the repositioning cruise, but for all cruises within Australia / New Zealand guests have received the old gifts. I vaguely recall someone with Pearl status mentioning they received the new gifts?

As you’re doing the other repositioning cruise, maybe you’ll get the new gifts again?

If I had to hazard a guess, DCL decided to offload old stock on the Aussie cruises due to the more limited number of returning guests. Just one of the differences with the Aussie cruises, like no Sorcerer Mickey in Animator’s Palette.

We cruised in December. From all reports that I read, the new gifts were provided on the repositioning cruise, but for all cruises within Australia / New Zealand guests have received the old gifts. I vaguely recall someone with Pearl status mentioning they received the new gifts?

As you’re doing the other repositioning cruise, maybe you’ll get the new gifts again?

If I had to hazard a guess, DCL decided to offload old stock on the Aussie cruises due to the more limited number of returning guests. Just one of the differences with the Aussie cruises, like no Sorcerer Mickey in Animator’s Palette.
We sailed on the Wonder New Year/Jan. We got Platinum & Pearl lanyards. The Pearl ones had the Mickey shaped holder, the Platinum lanyards had the plastic pocket.
What are the gifts meant to be? Platinum had the cooler bag, Pearl the tumbler

Just off the Wonder on Saturday 20 Jan. Very disappointing Castaway Cay gifts. We are platinum and received the old platinum lanyard and the cooler bag.

I asked Guest Services if these were the correct gifts as on the Hawaii to Sydney cruise in October, we received the Mickey shaped holder, wet bag, tote bag, and beach towel.

His response was that the gifts that we received from Hawaii to Sydney were only for the 25th Anniversary sailings.

Silver received old lanyard.
Saw a couple with the new gold lanyard but they may have brought them as I recall seeing the old gold lanyard as well.
Saw people with sling bags.
No Pearl guests on board.

Very disappointed.

Just off the Wonder on Saturday 20 Jan. Very disappointing Castaway Cay gifts. We are platinum and received the old platinum lanyard and the cooler bag.

I asked Guest Services if these were the correct gifts as on the Hawaii to Sydney cruise in October, we received the Mickey shaped holder, wet bag, tote bag, and beach towel.

His response was that the gifts that we received from Hawaii to Sydney were only for the 25th Anniversary sailings.

Silver received old lanyard.
Saw a couple with the new gold lanyard but they may have brought them as I recall seeing the old gold lanyard as well.
Saw people with sling bags.
No Pearl guests on board.

Very disappointed.
Those weren’t the 25th gifts. The 25th gift was a print. Those are the new gifts. That’s what was on our June Wonder Alaska and our Wish Xmas cruise. No 25th print on the Wish Xmas cruise though.

I wish they would go back to the old ones. The Mickey head is too bulky.
Assuming you mean the lanyards, I agree the Mickey one (while adorable) is not very practical. We have young kids and my husband likes to be able to put all cards together in one lanyard when going ashore and it’s nearly impossible (and awkward to to get them in and out). I suspect it probably slows down the disembarkation line in ports.

Assuming you mean the lanyards, I agree the Mickey one (while adorable) is not very practical. We have young kids and my husband likes to be able to put all cards together in one lanyard when going ashore and it’s nearly impossible (and awkward to to get them in and out). I suspect it probably slows down the disembarkation line in ports.
Agree. I was managing 2 cards at Halloween because I was sleeping in a different room than assigned, and it was so annoying, that I just started keeping my door card in my bag instead of trying to stick 2 into the lanyard.

We just got off the Magic yesterday. We are Platinum and got the beach bag, the wet bag (which is super useful), the beach towel and the crazy bulky Mickey shaped lanyards.

I'm bummed we missed the Platinum cooler bag by ONE CRUISE. They only gave those out for a hot minute. Where are they all, I wonder?

Interesting...and I'm guessing regardless of what is given to Silver/Gold/Platinum (old or new CC gifts) Pearl will get the bag, beach towel, wet bag & wine/champagne Corkcicle-type glasses since Pearl is a new level. I can report back after the Sydney-->Honolulu sailing b/c we are Pearl.

Had to go to eBay to see what they looked like. Maybe it’s some sort of privacy issue? You can get those clear plastic pouches on Amazon or probably Staples. I’ll definitely switch it on my upcoming cruise.

IMG_5264.jpeg

Had to go to eBay to see what they looked like. Maybe it’s some sort of privacy issue? You can get those clear plastic pouches on Amazon or probably Staples. I’ll definitely switch it on my upcoming cruise.

View attachment 827979
I can actually imagine why they would want less transparent holders but I don’t think that’s the case because they still give out the clear DVC ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter