Castaway Cay stores

RACHEL_GB

Mouseketeer
My kids have been given some spending money from relatives for our imminent Eastern Caribbean cruise and I want to make sure they keep some back for Castaway Cay if there will be stores/things they want to buy.

Can anyone share what kinds of things teens might want to buy at Castaway Cay please? Thanks!

It’s beach stuff and t-shirts mainly. And most likely they will have to put their purchase on a room card and give it to gas services to pay for it. Guess they will learn newer style of bill paying unless you want to see it as bill payment.

Yes, keep in mind that CC does not take any form of payment except your room charge. That was an eye opener a few years ago when we discovered that. However, to answer your question.... shirts, beach towels, pins, hats...but with a CC logo (often, not always) which cannot be purchased anywhere else. Hope your trip is great!!

Yes, keep in mind that CC does not take any form of payment except your room charge. That was an eye opener a few years ago when we discovered that. However, to answer your question.... shirts, beach towels, pins, hats...but with a CC logo (often, not always) which cannot be purchased anywhere else. Hope your trip is great!!
Thanks so much! Yes I was going to use the cash to pay off at Guest Services but thanks for the confirmation :thanks:

There’s also some local crafts that teens are unlikely to be interested in unless they have an interest in art or foreign cultures.

Unless something has changed, the only place cash is accepted is the Post Office, and it is cash only.

If the post office is even open.

Idk, what kinds of things are teenagers into these days? The stores have all kinds of fun toursity merch centered around Castaway Cay. I think both stores are worth at least a look around in.
They could always charge to the room, or have the parent charge to the room, and then give you the cash.

Go to YouTube and search Disney Castaway Cay shopping. There's several videos from 1 month ago showing what they have.

Just remember there is a VAT tax on items purchased in the Bahamas. If there is something you want and it was in the shops on the ship, it is cheaper to purchase back on the ship.

Just remember there is a VAT tax on items purchased in the Bahamas. If there is something you want and it was in the shops on the ship, it is cheaper to purchase back on the ship.

But pay attention to what’s in the ship’s stores before you get to CC - a lot of the items on the island are island exclusive.

Thanks so much! Yes I was going to use the cash to pay off at Guest Services but thanks for the confirmation :thanks:
Stop by guest services before you bill gets to 450. They charge adventurers the day before. No refunded credit card charges (usually).
Not much overlap though except for sunscreen, water protective phone cover..

I will add....if you see something...buy it.

We stopped in the store by the 2nd tram stop and saw a t-shirt we wanted. This was at 9am. I didn't want to carry it all day so we went to the adults only beach. At 3pm we went back to buy the t-shirt and it was gone...none in stock.

They also braid hair on the island.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter