Castaway Cay Private Cabanas

RedSox68 said:
Actually, I have that same question about the snorkel equipment -- is there a place on Serenity to rent it?

Not on SB. There's only one place to rent snorkel equipment, at Gil's Fins.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

We are able to get a family beach cabana for our December cruise and I noticed last night that 21 was available on sb. I also noticed that cabana 16 is not listed as available or taken. I believe our cabana was one held back by shoreside because I only emailed them in the last few days to get it. I wonder if 16 is as well.

We are able to get a family beach cabana for our December cruise and I noticed last night that 21 was available on sb. I also noticed that cabana 16 is not listed as available or taken. I believe our cabana was one held back by shoreside because I only emailed them in the last few days to get it. I wonder if 16 is as well.

What sailing are you on? Hoping that SER 21 showing availability isn't my cruise :sad2:

You can get grilled mahi at the bbq near SB in addition to ribeyes; however, the ribeyes are very thin and usually over-cooked.

On SB, it doesn't make much of a difference. There are four and they're all relatively close to each other. And the cabana attendant will take you to the facilities in a golf cart.

Where is the Cabana attendant? We've been to SB a number of times and don't remember seeing a Cabana attendant. Is he at the entrance to the FB cabanas?

Cancel this question, found my answer. We got Cabana 25 on SB - guess that is the previous #21 and the farthest down. :-)

On SB, it doesn't make much of a difference. There are four and they're all relatively close to each other. And the cabana attendant will take you to the facilities in a golf cart.

Where is the Cabana attendant? We've been to SB a number of times and don't remember seeing a Cabana attendant. Is he at the entrance to the FB cabanas?

Cancel this question, found my answer. We got Cabana 25 on SB - guess that is the previous #21 and the farthest down. :-)[/QUOTEY]

You got the best one on SB (in our opinion)! Yes, we had booked SER21 and it was very confusing when we arrived and they told us we had SER25. They had been renumbered between booking and arrival. But this cabana is not only the furthest down, but has the most space between the cabana next to you. The other three were very close, but we felt like we were all by ourselves. The attendants runs around in a golf cart on the path behind the cabanas. All we had to do was ring a button -- for drinks, bathroom breaks, lunch, anything. He was terrific and we felt it was well worth the money. The day we were there the water was freezing (coldest we've ever seen in 8 visits), so we really enjoyed lounging around the cabana, having the ability to change clothes and putting our stuff in a safe. The furniture was very comfortable. Only "complaint" was that the bike path behind us allows families through, so you heard a lot of kids. I was really surprised by that. But if we can get it again in 2016, we're going to try!

[Never found out what happened, but the attendant was telling us that he couldn't get the people in one of the cabanas to leave].

Anyone stay at the new family beach cabanas #18-21? We were able to secure #18 tonight (Super Excited!!) but since they are so new, not finding a lot online.... I'll be sure to take a lot of pics and post a trip report on it when we get back, we sail in April

We were able to book Family Cabana #19 but it would only allow me to add the 4 people in our cabin, no one else. We are a group of 11 with linked reservations. I'm a little confused because I thought the Family Cabanas were supposed to hold larger groups????

Hello, we were lucky enough to be one of the first on the Fantasy to be able to use the huge cabana 21 when we sailed on the 1/17 cruise. Cabana 21 is the only one of the new cabana that is larger. We had a party of 12. It is double in size, had 2 refrigerators, safes, and even had a huge dining table. It was a huge space. I believe the price of 21 was $799 for up to 10 people, then $50 pp up to 16. 18-20 still have a limit of 10 people.

Thank you DisDoc for your reply! Can I ask how you were able to book Cabin 21 since I don't even see it listed on the Sold Out list for our cruise in April. I was able to secure Cabins 19 & 20 for our group but I rather have #21 since we could all be together and it would end up cheaper for a group of 11.

disdoc... how was the landscaping at the new one? all the pictures I am seeing are new where they were unfinished and it was unclear that there was any private beaches or landscaping... are cabanas 18-21 have some "privacy" like the "old" ones? they seemed close together but it is hard to tell

hildai, i don't have much experience with cabanas but from what I understand, a max of 6 guests can be in a cabana (although I thought I read potentially 10 for an added charge but maybe not)... but cabana 21 is supposed to hold parties bigger than 6, it's the only one so not sure it will be available for booking?

I was just able to book 18 and 20 for our March cruise. I am so excited! I'm going to cancel one- any opinions which one might be preferable?

We got it by having good luck. We had 3 staterooms in our party, I had been following the availability of concierge rooms on our cruise. All 3 rooms upgraded at port to concierge, when we were at the concierge reception, we enquired about to availability off the new larger cabana, since it was rumored to have been used the week before. Kemisha looked it up and said we could have it. 18-21 are not as spaced out as the rest. They don't have quite the same secluded feeling as when we had 7 on a previous cruise. 21 sort of resembles an over the water bungalow as it sits on stilts along with 20. The water also got deeper quite a bit sooner than with the beach in front of the older cabanas. I just bring these things up because they stick out in my mind. We had a great time, the cabana was huge, beautiful and a great experience, well worth the money spent, especially when we had 6 kids ranging from 18 months to 7 yrs. It was our favorite day of the cruise.

I just booked #18 for our cruise in March. It wouldn't let me book more than 4 people, but we have 5 in our group. I plan to call Disney tomorrow because I thought you could have up to 6 people in the cabana on the family beach.

I would go for 18, 20 and 21 are quite close due to the angle they are sitting and the restricted area rope that goes out at an angle coming from 21

Thank you DisDoc for your reply! Can I ask how you were able to book Cabin 21 since I don't even see it listed on the Sold Out list for our cruise in April. I was able to secure Cabins 19 & 20 for our group but I rather have #21 since we could all be together and it would end up cheaper for a group of 11.

Can you tell me your experience booking two cabanas? I am hoping to book 2 for our group. Are you able to click on 2 or did you have to book one at a time? Thanks!!

We were able to book Family Cabana #19 but it would only allow me to add the 4 people in our cabin, no one else. We are a group of 11 with linked reservations. I'm a little confused because I thought the Family Cabanas were supposed to hold larger groups????

I just booked #18 for our cruise in March. It wouldn't let me book more than 4 people, but we have 5 in our group. I plan to call Disney tomorrow because I thought you could have up to 6 people in the cabana on the family beach.

Online only has the capability to assign the guests in 1 stateroom to each cabana. But the entire cabana is yours so there's no need to have all the names registered in advance. When you board you can add/change however many guests you need up to the maximum. It can't be done ahead of time.

We got it by having good luck. We had 3 staterooms in our party, I had been following the availability of concierge rooms on our cruise. All 3 rooms upgraded at port to concierge, when we were at the concierge reception, we enquired about to availability off the new larger cabana, since it was rumored to have been used the week before. Kemisha looked it up and said we could have it. 18-21 are not as spaced out as the rest. They don't have quite the same secluded feeling as when we had 7 on a previous cruise. 21 sort of resembles an over the water bungalow as it sits on stilts along with 20. The water also got deeper quite a bit sooner than with the beach in front of the older cabanas. I just bring these things up because they stick out in my mind. We had a great time, the cabana was huge, beautiful and a great experience, well worth the money spent, especially when we had 6 kids ranging from 18 months to 7 yrs. It was our favorite day of the cruise.

Do you have any pictures you can share? I know we have all been hoping to see the interior of #21.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter