• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Castaway Cay Kayak & Nature tour

vgaskin

Mouseketeer
I don't know the exact name of the excursion but I really want to do the new Kayak & Nature tour excursion on CC. I have dubbed it the "quad-athalon tour". You walk 40 minutes, then kayak an hour, then swim for 30 minutes, then another 20 minute walk. My family thinks I am nuts, I am not very active and still overweight (although I am loosing quite rapidly right now). My question, has anyone done this and how did you like it? Also, how active or strenuous is it? My step-father kinda wants to do it too and he is near 70. Also, my 15 yr old may go too. I hope I can do it without having to be airlifted back to the ship!

While I've never taken the excursion, I did book it for myself on my upcoming cruise, Sept 28. I will let you know how it is. I have done a small bit of sea kayaking before and of course can walk and swim, so I think I'll be OK and you will too. I did decide to do it on my own though, no worries of dealing with the kiddies. I like to treat myself every now and then.

Congrats on your weight loss Think of the excursion as a nice reward. I'm sure you'll do fine. Look for my post after Sept 28. :cool:

<B>Francisca64</B> - I've <I>thought about</I> doing this excursion, but I am a solo adult (and I understand they are tandem kayaks). I <I>have</I> kayaked (mostly S.O.T. and inflatable on whitewater), but my problem is that I would need to skip the swimming (ear problems). Do you know if that's mandatory, or is it just something to fill the 30 minutes before heading back? Has anyone here done this excursion who could give more details?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter