Castaway Cay Cabana - a few questions

cindyzig

Mouseketeer
I think we have decided to reserve a cabana on Castaway Cay, and hopefully, we will not have a problem doing that since we are concierge on our first cruise at the end of the year. I have been researching a few things, and I have been searching old discussions, but I still have a few questions:

• I can see from some of the youtube videos that Cookies is at the end of the path and walkable from the cabanas. Do people generally walk down at lunch and bring food back? Are there food items that you can order from the cabanas?
  • Is the Kid's Club on Castaway Cay fun for the 7 year old, active boy crowd for a few hours? How far is the club from the cabanas? I would love to play with him on the beach, but I wouldn't mind an hour or so to relax. :)
Thanks!!!

I think we have decided to reserve a cabana on Castaway Cay, and hopefully, we will not have a problem doing that since we are concierge on our first cruise at the end of the year. I have been researching a few things, and I have been searching old discussions, but I still have a few questions:

• I can see from some of the youtube videos that Cookies is at the end of the path and walkable from the cabanas. Do people generally walk down at lunch and bring food back? Are there food items that you can order from the cabanas?
  • Is the Kid's Club on Castaway Cay fun for the 7 year old, active boy crowd for a few hours? How far is the club from the cabanas? I would love to play with him on the beach, but I wouldn't mind an hour or so to relax. :)
Thanks!!!
You can take the food from Cookies back to your cabana, if you wish. Some people do. I don't think there are food items you can order to the cabanas, only drinks.

Cabanas circled in pink, Scuttle's Cove (children's play area) circled in orange
cabanas question.jpg

We were in Cabana #2 so it was very close to Cookies. Yes, we loaded our plates and took it to the cabana.

Do people generally walk down at lunch and bring food back?

We did. Hmm, actually I think we ate in the covered area at Cookies because it seemed more pleasant than to walk back with loaded plates.

Is the Kid's Club on Castaway Cay fun for the 7 year old, active boy crowd for a few hours?

I think a 7 year old would love it. My 10 year old wasn't thrilled, but at 7 it would have been good.

There's a basket with snacks in the cabana, but no other food items to order. We always bring our food back from Cookies Too. We don't like how crowded it is, like our peaceful Cabana better.

Thanks!!!
Just a reminder in case you were not aware, that at 125 days you can submit your request to shoreside concierge and they will then take care of booking it in the system for you at the 120 day mark. We did this for our upcoming cruise and worked great.

Just a reminder in case you were not aware, that at 125 days you can submit your request to shoreside concierge and they will then take care of booking it in the system for you at the 120 day mark. We did this for our upcoming cruise and worked great.

I did not know that, so thank you! I will definitely do this. :)

There's a basket with snacks in the cabana, but no other food items to order. We always bring our food back from Cookies Too. We don't like how crowded it is, like our peaceful Cabana better.

I am not big on crowds, so this is most likely what we will do. My father-in-law might not find this as easy to do depending on how far it is, but maybe we can grab his food for him and bring it back. Thanks!!!

I am not big on crowds, so this is most likely what we will do. My father-in-law might not find this as easy to do depending on how far it is, but maybe we can grab his food for him and bring it back. Thanks!!!
I believe you can request a golf cart ride from the Cabana host. Would that help?

Cabanas 1/2/3/4 are very close to Cookies 2, so close its about a minute walk.

We did it the food was still hot at the Cabana

1.jpg
Instructions for both cabanas given to us on the Thursday with CC on the Friday.

2.jpg
We were asked how many wristbands we required.
3.jpg Restroom to left and Cookies to the right, the 'golf cart ran from the gate. The cabanas start at the gate.
4.jpg Inside a cabana
5.jpg

View from the Gate its not far, Golf cart runs from here.

Another one from the gate.

6.jpg

Last edited:
Cabanas 1/2/3/4 are very close to Cookies 2, so close its about a minute walk.

We did it the food was still hot at the Cabana

View attachment 104106
Instructions for both cabanas given to us on the Thursday with CC on the Friday.

View attachment 104107
We were asked how many wristbands we required.
View attachment 104108 Restroom to left and Cookies to the right, the 'golf cart ran from the gate. The cabanas start at the gate.
View attachment 104109 Inside a cabana
View attachment 104110

View from the Gate its not far, Golf cart runs from here.

Another one from the gate.

View attachment 104113

Great photos! Very helpful! I will try to request a cabana that is close. My father in law may be able to walk it, but we can always request a golf cart if he prefers. We are very excited for our concierge and cabana experience. Thanks!!!

Great photos! Very helpful! I will try to request a cabana that is close. My father in law may be able to walk it, but we can always request a golf cart if he prefers. We are very excited for our concierge and cabana experience. Thanks!!!
4/5 were very good easy access no cart required.

A cast member could also help. We've always had people offer to help us carry trays back.

Question for those who may know -- could you bring food from the adult bbq on the tram back to your cabana on the family beach? I've heard the adult bbq has some better selection such as steak ☺️

Question for those who may know -- could you bring food from the adult bbq on the tram back to your cabana on the family beach? I've heard the adult bbq has some better selection such as steak ☺️

Its quite a bit of a way and it will get cold, Cookies two is very very good. I had steak at cookies two, in fact I think its better than the adult bbq.

Cookies is just at the end of the cabanas with 1/2/3/4/5 very close to it, if going to the Adult beach, you need to wait for a tram, go there 5 odd minutes, then way back is the same wait for a tram and five minutes. Then walk back.

We were in cabana 21- the furthest from the food/bathrooms- and it wasn't a problem at all. They have golf carts you just call for (there always seemed to be someone around to call for us too) but the walk isn't bad either. 3 of us went and brought food back for the other 5 people waiting in the cabana. So you could definitely do that for your father in law- just load up your tray with lots of food!

My 5 yr. old loved the kids area! We had the kids at the cabana/beach with us for a while and then took them to scuttle's. We never got a text so we just picked them up on the way back to the ship. It's a big play area and a splash pad area. They had fun but if your son doesn't like it they will just text you to pick him up.

ETA: you CAN walk to the kids area from Cabanas but we took the golf cart and then shuttle there.

We were in cabana 21- the furthest from the food/bathrooms- and it wasn't a problem at all. They have golf carts you just call for (there always seemed to be someone around to call for us too) but the walk isn't bad either. 3 of us went and brought food back for the other 5 people waiting in the cabana. So you could definitely do that for your father in law- just load up your tray with lots of food!

My 5 yr. old loved the kids area! We had the kids at the cabana/beach with us for a while and then took them to scuttle's. We never got a text so we just picked them up on the way back to the ship. It's a big play area and a splash pad area. They had fun but if your son doesn't like it they will just text you to pick him up.

ETA: you CAN walk to the kids area from Cabanas but we took the golf cart and then shuttle there.

Very helpful! My 7 year old loved the kids club at Aulani earlier this year and loves water. I recently asked him if he would rather stay with us in the cabana all day or visit the kids club for part of the day, and he is very sure he will like it and voted to visit the kids club for awhile. So, I think he will probably enjoy it based on your experiences too. I am getting very excited that we will probably have a shot at the cabanas since we are concierge. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter