Castaway 5 K question

Keterrill

Earning My Ears
Has anyone done this on recent sailings? I know it is being done informally (which is dumb, but ok). My question is, are they still letting the runners get off the ship early? it gets pretty hot in that sun and if I'm in a virtual que and cant get off the ship until it heats up, I may opt out.

No, all persons disembarking need to wait in the virtual queue or open disembarking. The signs are still up on the 5k course, but they are no longer giving medals.

No, all persons disembarking need to wait in the virtual queue or open disembarking. The signs are still up on the 5k course, but they are no longer giving medals.

I actually read on another thread just now that if you have an excursion or a cabana you don't need to do the virtual queue. I'd also read that they had the medals but you had to go to guest services (I think?) and ask for them, they're no longer just handing them out at the end of the course. Not my personal experience, but that's what I've seen discussed recently on these boards.

I actually read on another thread just now that if you have an excursion or a cabana you don't need to do the virtual queue. I'd also read that they had the medals but you had to go to guest services (I think?) and ask for them, they're no longer just handing them out at the end of the course. Not my personal experience, but that's what I've seen discussed recently on these boards.
Was on a b2b on the Dream last week, they said they are no longer giving out medals as they no longer have a sponsor

Was on a b2b on the Dream last week, they said they are no longer giving out medals as they no longer have a sponsor
When did they ever have a sponsor? I have a bunch of the ”medals” and there is no indication of any sponsor on the medal or the attached lanyard. I would think a sponsor would have been recognized in some manner.

I think this cancelled event is all about staffing constraints, not covid. What does running early in the morning around an island have anything to do with crowd control and covid? Don't give out any medals, don't make it a "thing or event" and let those who want to run early around the island run. It's "safer" than playing bingo. Oops, forgot...bingo brings revenue.

Yeah, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Running around outside seems to be about the safest possible activity. But it was free and you got a "souvenir" out of it....so it was an expense, not a money maker.

I think this cancelled event is all about staffing constraints, not covid. What does running early in the morning around an island have anything to do with crowd control and covid? Don't give out any medals, don't make it a "thing or event" and let those who want to run early around the island run. It's "safer" than playing bingo. Oops, forgot...bingo brings revenue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter