Cast Members making memories

2goofycampers

Sounds like something a camping trip could cure!
Do you have any memories of cast members that did something to give you a special Disney memory ? We have a few,,one special memory was when Denise and I were walking along the shore line behind loop 300 on a warm,beautiful day,,a marina Fishing Guide pulled his pontoon right up on the shore and asked if we'd like to go fishing,,he said they were slow that day and he was bored, so he took us fish'n! What a pleasant,unforgettable surprize by a CM .

WOW.. On our Wedding day while I was done getting ready that moring and was all glamed up we got a knock on our TT door and there were 2 cast members standing next to the hummer golf cart and allowed us to use it for 2 days!! As soon as I got the keys in my hand we headed out to take some pics in our wedding attire with it!! We were almost late for our wedding because of it too!! LOL

Here are some pics
darrylhummer.jpg

jessdrive1.jpg

WOW.. On our Wedding day while I was done getting ready that moring and was all glamed up we got a knock on our TT door and there were 2 cast members standing next to the hummer golf cart and allowed us to use it for 2 days!! As soon as I got the keys in my hand we headed out to take some pics in our wedding attire with it!! We were almost late for our wedding because of it too!! LOL

As someone I know would say,,,,"WOOOOOO-HOOOOOO !!!:thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

That is so awesome. By the way, very sharp looking crew! Those kids look like they belong in a fashion magazine.

We've had lots of great CM interaction, just can't think of one right at the moment. Must be part of getting older! I'll probably wake up at 3:00am remembering one and come down to post :rotfl2:

The best CM moment we had wasn't at the Fort but at MK. My GD was dressed up in her Cinderella outfit to have lunch at Cinderella's Royal Table. As we were walking to the castle, a CM (in a suit) came up to her and said" Oh Princess, I'm so happy to see you out today could I please have your autograph." Needless to say, it was the highlight of her trip. We love the magic moments.

On this last trip, DW met one of her 1st grade students who lives with his grandfather. He was a handful before coming into her classroom. During this entire school year, DW spent a lot of time trying to get him on the right track and every evening I could see the frustration in her eyes. Well instead of falling through the crack and a teacher that would not give up , this child has become a great student.

All through the week before spring break he talked about going to Walt Disney World. The grand father had little resources, and told him he would visiting the zoo instead. Little did he know, he was going to WDW for 3 days. Everyone in the family new it, including my DW.

We arrived the after they did and promptly went to the MK after setting up the Camp Site. The look of her student seeing his teacher at the MK and just being at the magic kingdom was how can I say priceless.

A Cast Member over heard the story and gave free ice cream to the entire party. 12 free Ice Cream of everyone's choice.

DW was not only happy her student was rewarded by FINALLY visiting the MK, but seeing her student see his teacher outside of a class room was even better!

That's sweet:cutie: ....you're wife must be a wonderful teacher and inspiration to her students.

Sorry to say if it were my kids and they saw one of their teachers..they'd be running the other way!(and probably so would the teachers!):rotfl2:

My older son actually did see a 5th grade teacher from his school when we stayed in the trailers years ago. He was in the same loop..and frankly, I don't think either one of them was happy about it. My son didn't actually have him as a teacher..he taught one of the other classes in the grade. I think when you travel some 1200 miles you don't really want to see the same people you see at home everyday.

Of course in your wife's case it sounds entirely different.;)

On this last trip, DW met one of her 1st grade students who lives with his grandfather. He was a handful before coming into her classroom. During this entire school year, DW spent a lot of time trying to get him on the right track and every evening I could see the frustration in her eyes. Well instead of falling through the crack and a teacher that would not give up , this child has become a great student.

All through the week before spring break he talked about going to Walt Disney World. The grand father had little resources, and told him he would visiting the zoo instead. Little did he know, he was going to WDW for 3 days. Everyone in the family new it, including my DW.

We arrived the after they did and promptly went to the MK after setting up the Camp Site. The look of her student seeing his teacher at the MK and just being at the magic kingdom was how can I say priceless.

A Cast Member over heard the story and gave free ice cream to the entire party. 12 free Ice Cream of everyone's choice.

DW was not only happy her student was rewarded by FINALLY visiting the MK, but seeing her student see his teacher outside of a class room was even better!

What a great story!!!!:goodvibes

Last June we had some terrific CMs arrange for Mary Poppins to surprise my wife with a private meet 'n greet and distract her while I, on bended knee, proposed to her when she turned around. This was arranged by several CMs and I can't thank them enough. They even sent us the Mickey Top hat with ears and Minnie bridal veil to wear when we actually got married again later in the summer. It was awesome and we'll never forget how much it meant to us. It was tough keeping it a secret from my wife though. The WDW CMs are the best!:thumbsup2

man...this freakin thread is gettin me all....I mean their must be alot of dust in the air in my house tonight!!!

:) Thats it...Im eatin gumbo and my eyes are watering because its too spicey!!!

VERY cool !! :)

On our honeymoon, almost 17 years ago, we were at Typhoon Lagoon. We went down one of the slides and when my DH got out of the water he realized his wedding ring was gone. They immediately shut down the slide and a diver hopped in the water. Not three minutes later he came up with the ring!

When our son was 3 he had this little tiny Lego pig. We were walking across the bridge at OKW when he tripped and the pig fell into the canal. As we were looking over the bridge into the water a CM came by and asked what happened. He immediately took and small boat and net into the water and started looking for it. Another CM came by and asked what he was looking for. He said, "A pig." The 2nd CM had thought he was looking for a gator and laughed (you had to be there). Anyhow after about 5 minutes he had the pig. At 13 our son still has that pig!

One year we stayed at a Disney reaort, we had gone to MGM Studios when upon arriving our son tells us he had left his (very expensive) watch laying out in the open. So son and I waited while DW got back in the bus line to go get the watch.She was first in line and there were more buses hehind him,,the driver called someone on the radio and they told him to take her straight to the hotel. He put MICKEY MOUSE on the bus "light sign" and by passed everything straight to the hotel . Her own chauffeured bus. Got the watch, had a great day .

wow... you know what dh gets messages from another disney related forum where all he reads is about how much everyone has a problem with disney in some sort of way.. and here it is they do sooo much and no one ever really brings it up.. I guess people like to dwell on the bad rather then the good!!

For anyone interested, here is something fun I started doing with my son several years ago. There is a site called http://www.whatwouldwaltdo.com/. Each year I buy a couple packs of the pins to give out to CM's who are doing a good job; especially if it's a CM that goes out of their way to interact with us. One year we gave one to a CM at the The Magic of Disney Animation tour one (my son does gifted/talented art and likes to go there) and I thought she was going to cry. It's a lot of fun to make someone's day; wouldn't it be nice to be a CM and do that every day :thumbsup2 :dance3: :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter