Cast Member Gifts

Plus Size Rapunzel

Disney’s Plus size Princess
Our honeymoon is January 12-20. I want to get little gifts to give to the cast members we interact with, what do you guys suggest?:tink:

Great suggestions above. A compliment about the CM from a guest is the best thing you can do.

We have given candy, little rolls of Smarties, to cast members who have been friendly or helpful with our motley crew. It’s a small thing, but the CM always smiles.

We gae a tinkerbell pin once to a CM who made our visit "magical" but pins would get pricey real quick if you want to give out a lot.........

A handmade card or a bought one but write something really nice in it. a homemade treat packaged nicely like cookie or brownie.

a homemade treat packaged nicely like cookie or brownie.
This is an extremely sweet thought. I am positive it would get thrown away in almost every circumstance, though. Unfortunately the CMs have no idea what the state of the givers kitchen cleanliness or the baker's health might be, and would never risk eating it. And allergies. The gesture would surely be appreciated :) but a glowing review, as mentioned above, somewhere their supervisor will see it would be much more helpful to them in a practical sense, I'm sure!

This is an extremely sweet thought. I am positive it would get thrown away in almost every circumstance, though. Unfortunately the CMs have no idea what the state of the givers kitchen cleanliness or the baker's health might be, and would never risk eating it. And allergies. The gesture would surely be appreciated :) but a glowing review, as mentioned above, somewhere their supervisor will see it would be much more helpful to them in a practical sense, I'm sure!
This. Very thoughtful, but would almost certainly be thrown away. I’ve never been a CM, but I’d bet the farm that they would rather get a glowing review at guest services than a trinket.

My policy, and AFAIK, most other CMs policy was to throw away all eatable gifts.

I enjoyed being recognized by management and fellow Guides at the pre-event briefings and then seeing a Guest compliment pop up on my record card, so I'm all for sending in a Guest compliment, but I don't know how much it actually helps.

The internal transfer parameters are pretty structured and defined by Disney. I assume that the Union also keeps an eye on it to make sure that CMs with, and those without, Guest compliments are treated equally because a good chunk of CMs don't interact with Guests and can't receive Guest compliments.

Because of positions with higher than normal levels of Guest interaction and of course my bubbly personality, ya, right, during a 22 year span I did receive many Guest compliments. In my case I know that they were not a factor in any of the six transfers. Like most large companies it's more important not to have negatives on your record card and to network within the company.

My impression is that you want to give ALL the cast members something that you interact with. Would be difficult to compliment every one. I would have some business sized cards made that say "Thank you for making our honeymoon special/magical (or something similar) with your names (Jack & Jill 2019) to hand out. That would show them your appeciation

Think a smile and thank you are the cheapest and best things to give a CM!

Imagine if everybody gave a trinket- probably end up in thrift store like the teacher mugs and ornaments.

Homemade food or candy- you don’t know the persons dietary restrictions and more likely than not end up in trash ( see it again at schools where the well meaning homemade treats more likely than not end up in trash for dietary reasons or cleanliness).

Not trying to be a downer but agree a nice note or a big smile and thank you! Cheap easy and more meaningful than a trinket or food the person most likely won’t keep.

I suggest just saying thank you, or maybe a compliment card.

While well intentioned, I can't imagine any circumstance where most people would want a stranger's food/candy or cheap trinkets, handmade items, or other things. Even a pack of smarties seems borderline condescending. These are adult cast members. Not 3 year olds.

I agree with a smile, thank you & maybe a compliment card. I personally can’t imagine eating anything made by a stranger & carried to a theme park. :crazy2: And where will the CM keep these trinkets while they work? Stuff their pockets until they can get to a garbage can? And do you really want to be schlepping extra stuff, even little business cards, around with you?

From all the reports of rude guests lately, I would imagine a CM would appreciate guests who smile & thank them. Nothing wrong with just telling them “thanks, you just helped make our honeymoon special”.

My impression is that you want to give ALL the cast members something that you interact with. Would be difficult to compliment every one. I would have some business sized cards made that say "Thank you for making our honeymoon special/magical (or something similar) with your names (Jack & Jill 2019) to hand out. That would show them your appeciation

I realize that I'm sounding like such a downer here, but that would just be one more thing that would end up in the trash. A waste of paper and printing.

I realize that I'm sounding like such a downer here, but that would just be one more thing that would end up in the trash. A waste of paper and printing.

:thumbsup2 I couldn’t agree more. I was thinking the exact same thing but didn’t want to be the only one to post it. I just can’t imagine trying to work & having people hand me little candies or pieces of paper regularly. It would all get tossed ASAP. And I can only imagine what the CM would think if I handed them penny candy. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter