Cast member Complimentary Ticket distribution dates

Crazed4DisneyinSC

DIS Veteran
Hi all 👋🏻 my mother in law started working for Disney a month ago, and she said they are going to give her 2 complimentary tickets soon which she is giving to us to use. She already got her main entrance pass with 3 guest passes. We are trying to book a trip to visit, but it’s dependent on when she gets these comp tickets so we can use them while she's working. Does anyone know when they get “deposited” to the Hub? I haven’t been able to find anything out online about this, except that it says “winter” and “summer” distributions. What month were the summer ones distributed this year? Is the winter distribution usually the same time every year? Thanks in advance to any cast members that can help out!

Hi all 👋🏻 my mother in law started working for Disney a month ago, and she said they are going to give her 2 complimentary tickets soon which she is giving to us to use. She already got her main entrance pass with 3 guest passes. We are trying to book a trip to visit, but it’s dependent on when she gets these comp tickets so we can use them while she's working. Does anyone know when they get “deposited” to the Hub? I haven’t been able to find anything out online about this, except that it says “winter” and “summer” distributions. What month were the summer ones distributed this year? Is the winter distribution usually the same time every year? Thanks in advance to any cast members that can help out!
Not sure on the distribution dates. One thing to consider is to make sure there are no black out dates on those tickets. Not sure if they are subject to blackouts.

Not sure on the distribution dates. One thing to consider is to make sure there are no black out dates on those tickets. Not sure if they are subject to blackouts.
thanks. From everything I've read in her material, the comp tickets are not subject to blackouts... only the MainGate pass/guest passes are. The comp tickets are basically a park hopper 1 day ticket, that expires in like 2 years I believe.

Winter comp tickets usually come out around the end of January and Summer tickets come out mid July there abouts. There is no hard date. Just be careful not to get on the hub or cast life to try and help figure things out. Cast members are fired all the time for allowing people to sign as them.

Winter comp tickets usually come out around the end of January and Summer tickets come out mid July there abouts. There is no hard date. Just be careful not to get on the hub or cast life to try and help figure things out. Cast members are fired all the time for allowing people to sign as them.
Thanks for the info about the dates! And wow, that's not good. She doesn't know any english so we have to login to translate every single thing for her.

Last edited:
The 4 annual comp tickets are not subject to blackout dates -- you can use them just like a ticket you would purchase directly from Disney. You do need to make park reservations, though, at least through January 8th or 9th. (something like that.)

Mine have typically arrived at the end of June and into July and end of December into January. It can really be any time in those windows.

Main Entrance Passes and Guest Passes are subject to park reservation availability as well as blackout dates. And they will still require park reservations going forward, though I've heard something about "Good to Go" dates where you won't need reservations. Not quire sure how that will work. I'm still waiting to hear what I'm going to need to do for my January trip. The blackout calendar is only showing through the first week.

Another tip -- the Main Entrance Pass holder needs to enter with their guests. One time, my friends and I were staying at a Skyliner resort (all of us CMs who work out of at a Disney office out of state) and we were meeting up with a local friend who was using our guest passes. They were driving in from their home. We entered Epcot through the International Gateway and they entered through the main entrance. My friend whose pass was used got a written warning about not entering with her guest. It's now on her account, and if it happens again, she may get in more trouble. We had no idea it would be such a big deal. We likely should have had him meet us at the resort so he could take the Skyliner with us. Lesson learned.

The 4 annual comp tickets are not subject to blackout dates -- you can use them just like a ticket you would purchase directly from Disney. You do need to make park reservations, though, at least through January 8th or 9th. (something like that.)

Mine have typically arrived at the end of June and into July and end of December into January. It can really be any time in those windows.

Main Entrance Passes and Guest Passes are subject to park reservation availability as well as blackout dates. And they will still require park reservations going forward, though I've heard something about "Good to Go" dates where you won't need reservations. Not quire sure how that will work. I'm still waiting to hear what I'm going to need to do for my January trip. The blackout calendar is only showing through the first week.

Another tip -- the Main Entrance Pass holder needs to enter with their guests. One time, my friends and I were staying at a Skyliner resort (all of us CMs who work out of at a Disney office out of state) and we were meeting up with a local friend who was using our guest passes. They were driving in from their home. We entered Epcot through the International Gateway and they entered through the main entrance. My friend whose pass was used got a written warning about not entering with her guest. It's now on her account, and if it happens again, she may get in more trouble. We had no idea it would be such a big deal. We likely should have had him meet us at the resort so he could take the Skyliner with us. Lesson learned.
She was lucky she wasn't fired. I had to fire one of my CM's for not staying with their group, it was not fun (this was some time ago as I no longer work for WDW). Security would/will do random "follows" of CM's using their Main Entrance passes to "sign" people in. If the CM leaves, and it's not immediate family, it can be a problem. This was at a time when some CM's were using their passes as incentives for their spouse's clients but it ended up ensnaring a lot of other CM's in the process. From friends who are still CM's there, they report it still happens on occasion (security following CM's in). They not only need to enter with their guests, they have to stay with them at all times unless it's immediate family.

She was lucky she wasn't fired. I had to fire one of my CM's for not staying with their group, it was not fun (this was some time ago as I no longer work for WDW). Security would/will do random "follows" of CM's using their Main Entrance passes to "sign" people in. If the CM leaves, and it's not immediate family, it can be a problem. This was at a time when some CM's were using their passes as incentives for their spouse's clients but it ended up ensnaring a lot of other CM's in the process. From friends who are still CM's there, they report it still happens on occasion (security following CM's in). They not only need to enter with their guests, they have to stay with them at all times unless it's immediate family.
I understand why they're diligent about it. People could easily sell access to the parks with their guest passes without these policies in place. We'll know better for next time.

No clue. I'm sure Disney has it figured out. I know of a CP whose mom decided to go on the hub to look at resort discounts and he was let go the next day.

She may or may not get the first comp ticket distribution, as the winter ones I believe represent a reward for July-December. They usually pop up the 3rd week of January. Maybe. Summer used to be July but lately have been August.

Thank you! and yes, this is why we want to wait for the Comp tickets, so we can go while she's working since there's no restrictions. Since the Main Entrance pass she needs to be there, it'll be kind of difficult to go with her during the week (she has to be to her job before the parks open).
She may or may not get the first comp ticket distribution, as the winter ones I believe represent a reward for July-December. They usually pop up the 3rd week of January. Maybe. Summer used to be July but lately have been August.
Thanks! We were going to try to go in mid-January, but it sounds like the consensus is that the tickets may or may not show up by then, so we'll probably have to wait until later next year to go for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter