Cast Member Block Out Dates Question

Princessauroraobsessed

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

I just joined this forum with the hopes of getting some input about a concern that I’m having. I am a cast member with Disney and I’m planning my first trip to Disney World (last visited as a toddler so no real recollection) with some friends for about mid September.

At this current time, Hollywood Studios is unavailable with my pass due to Star Wars. My big push to go to Florida was to ride and see The Tower of Terror! I went to Disneyland for the first time last August and was really disappointed about Mission Breakout.

Do any of you think that Hollywood Studios will be closed for the main gate pass in September? I haven’t booked anything, and this will absolutely give some to think about if it’s closed.

I'm also a CM. I'm visiting next week and using one of my Comp Tickets for Hollywood Studios admission. These are the tickets we get twice a year, not the Main Gate or Self Admission. I'm not sure of your employment status, but if you get these Comp Tickets, they are not subject to blackout dates and can be used whenever you like. They're also available to give to friends and family when you won't be there, and you can use them at most of the international parks as well. (They don't work for the water parks.) They don't require a CM for access, which is why I think they don't have black out dates. They are also park hoppers, in case that's helpful.

I will say it's unlikely we'll still be blacked out in September, but they can block out random weekends. A weekday in September should be fine. They will post blackout dates 1-2 months before, so you will have some warning. But who knows. Crazier things have happened.

As a former CM subject to the same blockout days as active CMs, I fully expect not to be blocked out by Sept. I'm visiting next month and will have to use two of my comp tickets just to enter DHS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter