~*~Cassie LIVE~*~ Day 12 ~ Animal Kingdom & Chef Mickey's

>>^..^<<

Flat Cat
Hi everyone and welcome to Day 12 ~ Wednesday August 27th

Our wake up call came too early this morning..... yawn. I wanted to leave extra early to make sure we met up with SuAnne and Hayley on time at Animal Kingdom.

We had a quick breakfast in the concierge lounge and I took a coffee for the road. It was one of those mornings you could tell it was going to be a scorcher of a day.

The bus area at BC is very nice with white fences and covered walkways and the bus came right away. A quick stop at Blizzard Beach and we arrived at Animal Kingdom - wow was it hot

Hayley and SuAnne arrived on a bus just a minute after us, the girls acted like they had not seen each other in years but it had only been about 8 hours! Today we arrived on time to see the opening show with the music and characters which was cute.

Noel and Hayley decided their first stop had to be DINOSAUR so we walked over to Dinoland USA and rode that. Next was Primevil Hurl and the two girls went on that twice in a row while SuAnne and I sat on a shady bench and watched Carnie & Carlie (dinosaurs) dance with each other and greet the kids in the area. After Primevil Hurl the girls did Triceratops Spin and SuAnne and I agreed it was much easier to do Disney with 2 kids that keep each other entertained.

After Dinoland USA we did It's Tough to be a bug ~ it is a fun show and this seating had many screaming traumtized children - I guess people don't think those "warning signs" apply to their children.

Next stop was Kilamanjaro Safaris and what a great safari we had today, animals all over the place including Rhinos blocking our path for 5 minutes and baby hippos. We were successful (again) is stopping the poachers and saving Little Red - who you now see looking out of the jeep as opposed to last year when all we saw was his little elephant butt and tail swishing.

It was now lunch time and the girls were "starving" so we stopped in Tuskerhouse for lunch. We had connections vouchers and SuAnne ordered the quarter chicken with mashed potatoes & green beens with a large soda and cheesecake. I had the chicken sandwich with fries, drink and cheesecake. Noel and Hayley had the mac&cheese with a soda, chips and chocolate cake - it was a great lunch that we all enjoyed ~ the air conditioning in Tusker House was a nice break from the heat.

After lunch we walked over to Kali River Rapids - there was a 45 minute wait so we put the girls in line and told them where to meet us when they came out - in the meantime "Flights of Wonder" was starting so SuAnne and I went in to see it. It was quite funny but only because one of the birds was not cooperating - I don't think it was part of the show but we had a good laugh.

After Flights of Wonder we met the girls who were now refreshed and drenched and we headed for the exit. We had only planned a half day today as Noel and I wanted to go swimming at Stormalong Bay and SuAnne and Hayley were doing another park and meeting us later for Chef Mickey's.

The bus back to the BC stopped at Swan, at Dolphin and at Yacht Club first - it felt like it was going to take forever but eventually we made it. When we got down to the pool the sky had gone dark and I could hear the rumble of thunder, we walked down the steps into the pool and I had water to my waist when thunder boomed and the whistles blew.. Pool Closed - Grrrrrr... we had to leave the pool deck but hung around as it was not raining. The thunder stopped right away and the sky cleared within a few minutes. 30 minutes later we were in the pool enjoying ourselves.

We swam until about 6:00pm then quickly changed for dinner and grabbed a cab to the Contemporary. When we were passing the concierge lounge on the way out I had a peek in and saw they had a big pan of mussels, olives, pickles, flat breads, dips, cheeses, crackers & fruit.

It looked great and if I had not been going to Chef Mickey's it would have been a great dinner. The other night they had Fish n' chips which were delicious - I am very impressed with the lounge offerings here at the Beach Club.

Anyway, back to Chef Mickeys - the cab was $9.00 and a bargain at twice the price not to have to rush or take multiple modes of transport. We arrvived early for our PS of 7:00pm so Noel and I sat at the Outer Rim Bar and I had a Margarita and her a Coke. SuAnne and Hayley arrived as well and had wine and a shirly temple (guess who had what) about 10 minutes later we were called to our table.

Donald Duck was in the foyer area and was very grumpy - he stole Noel's Pal Mickey and hid it under a napkin and would not return it. Noel rescued Mickey when Donald got interested in what was in SuAnne's shopping bag we finally broke away to get to our table.

Goofy came right away - the character not the waiter, and we took some photos. Then we took the opportunity to go get our salads. The food was good, peel n' eat shrimp, salads and dressing lots of fresh vegetables and soup. Soon Minnie arrived and we had photos again, then Dale. By the way I had a Pina Colada that tasted virgin but the waiter insited there was booze in it.

Noel went to the washroom so missed Mickey's visit but we did get Hayley photographed with him. Poor Noel never did get to see Mickey because we forgot about him :eek: Last was Chip and then the napkin twirling song and SuAnne and I were off to get out main course. The primerib with horseradish was excellent. SuAnne said the pork and chicken were good too. I tried the mashed potatoes and thought the tasted very good but the texture made me think they were not real potatoes but from a box..

For dessert we had Key Lime pie, some kind of chocolate mousse cake and carrot cake... the kids made sundaes.. a few of them actually :)

It was now 8:15 and the fireworks at MK were at 8:30pm... we paid the bill and headed for the end of the concourse and outside. The Castle was so pretty from there and the monorail running by us made a nice atmosphere. At 8:30pm the music started and the fireworks began, we were able to see tinkerbell as well. When the fireworks finished I turned to talk to the girls and they were no where to be found... seems they had taken it into their heads to climb the staircases to the top of the contemporary hotel.. they were way at the top looking down at us and we had to wait for them to come down, exhausted from the climb.

After this we walked back to Chef Mickeys to get a photo with Donald duck - we had forgotten him earlier, after this we boarded the Monorail and went over to MK to catch our buses to the resorts. The Beach Club bus was already there so we said goodbye to SuAnne and Hayley and jumped on. It was pretty crowded and I was not looking forward to the ride standing but managed to find a seat to share with Noel on my lap... wonder of wonders we went to the Yacht Club first and then it was our stop - I was happy.

We stopped by the lounge for a drink and now Noel is in bed watching her nightly DVD. All in all another great day at the Disney.... tomorrow I may be back at MK or MGM, I will decide in the morning... until then, Good night from the Beach Club.

This is the first one I've read Cass, but it's great. I can feel & smell ( yummy food!) everything you discribed.

Another fun day!
Hey, Cass -- is Donald always at dinner at Chef Mickey's? DD is dying to meet him (I have no clue why!), and breakfast at AK just doesn't fit into my plan for our next whirlwind trip. Chef Mickey's might work, though!
Thanks!

Cassie ~

Thanx for another great trip report!!!!

Shells yes I think Donald is always in the lobby area but he doesn't visit the tables. maybe someone els can confirm this?

>^..^<<

Thanks for sharing another great day, Cassie ! I've been making a quick jump onto the Dis each AM to enjoy what you two have been up to (reminds me of the trips I've had alone with my DS when he was that age :) - sweet memories!) - it's been a fun way to start my day - hope you're there for a very long time!!:smooth:

Hi !

I'm so glad you went to and enjoyed Tusker House. That was one of our "big finds" this last trip. I though the food tasted fresh and well prepared. They had such a nice selection of "real food" for being counter service.

One of the things that got my kids on Dinosaur this summer was telling them it was one of Noel's favorite rides. They were a little afraid at first, but loved it. We even bought the picture they sell of you with the suprised/scared look!

I'll be looking forward to hear what you do today: MK has Splash and Big Thunder, but MGM is only a boat ride away!
Have a great day!
Tammy

Donald @ Chef Mickey's

I believe Donald is always there and is always in the waiting area. He doesn't circulate amoung the tables, but usually provides great interaction up at the front near the check in area. By the way, he was also grumpy with us, he checked Tyler's lanyard for a Donald pin and not finding one was very offended. My kids thought is was very funny!:eek:
Tammy

Cassie, I've really been enjoying your reports. I've read them all, even the Universal ones. I am just really bad a responding.

Anyway, what time did you get on the bus to go to AK? We will be at BCV next Friday, and I really want to make it to the awakening, but not sure how early we should board the bus. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for making my waiting so much easier. It's like I'm already there when I'm reading your reports.

Cassie ~ Thank you so much for your trip reports. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading about your trip. I WANT TO GO!!! :p

Look forward to your report each morning........
Sounds like another great day.....

I am also enjoying your trip reports! I can't believe it's Day 12 already! Glad your finally enjoying the pool! My kids loved SAB!

Thanks Cassie for letting me live vicariously through your great trip reports. I can't wait for my vacation to begin.

Donald and Goofy were in the lobby when we went...and of course Donald was grumpy. ;)

Thanks for all of the input on Donald & Chef Mickeys. Having him in the lobby would be just fine with us, just so long as she gets to meet him. I have no idea where she got this fascination with him, but she thinks he is a riot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter