Cass, Rob & Kira - Our MAGICal Christmas Cruise 2023

Although if you come all the way over to Nova Scotia to visit her, you can maybe pop down to NYC for a cruise! (I’m holding out hope for 2025. They have to come back, right?!?)

Yup, that is always an option. :teeth: I am crossing my fingers they come back but I highly doubt it. :rolleyes2

Love the trip report as usual!! So exciting for Kira...Nova Scotia happens to be my home province! I am sure she will love it as most people do. Is she coming to a large university in Halifax or one of the smaller ones? I'm a St FX alumni myself lol. As her parents, you must come visit!

Oh wow, nice! :thumbsup2

She did a tour in September and was eyeing SFX but she ended up falling in love with another one, a little more her speed. ;) :lovestruc

Oops - I'm late to the party once again!
But, happy I have your trip report to sit back and enjoy!! :love:

P.S. We sailed on the Dream in November, out of Fort Lauderdale which is our home port (we live in South Florida/Boca Raton). So happy not to have to drive up to Port Canaveral for DCL anymore.

Oops - I'm late to the party once again!
But, happy I have your trip report to sit back and enjoy!! :love:

P.S. We sailed on the Dream in November, out of Fort Lauderdale which is our home port (we live in South Florida/Boca Raton). So happy not to have to drive up to Port Canaveral for DCL anymore.

Fashionable late, that's all! :thumbsup2 :lovestruc

Oh that would be so nice, to cruise close from home! Lucky you! :worship:

Just had to take a moment from enjoying reading your report to say...

A FREAKING FLYING FLAMINGO!! 🦩
Right????!!!! :eek:::yes::

Really enjoyed your trip report!

Thank you so much! :earsboy:

Loving the videos!

I am loving reliving this trip, so many awesome memories with amazing friends. :cool1:

Another fantastic trip report! Love following along on your adventures! :worship:

You have the sweetest family! Congratulations to Kira on starting college! But, where in the world did the time go?!?! I remember when she was so little. And, Rob is the cutest - the way he keeps his eye on you to make sure you are always ok. :thumbsup2

And, Happy Anniversary! :love:

So far I've watched parts 1 and 2 of your Sapphire Princess cruise. Looking forward to watching the rest. It looks like a fabulous trip. We have sailed with Princess many many times. Hope you loved your cruise! We are booked to sail on the Enchanted out of Fort Lauderdale in April. Can't wait!

:hippie:

Last edited:
Part 1

I woke up to a lovely view this morning. :lovestruc

128.jpg

I showered and got ready while watching Good Morning Disney Magic, which has been revamped with new graphics. I highly suggest everyone watch this 5-minute video that plays every morning until noon because the cruise director and assistant cruise director talk about everything that is important for the day and sometimes even the next day.

Peter was our cruise director on this sailing, which is the 4th or 5th time we've had him and he is amazing. He's not too over the top, he's got just the right kind of energy and you can easily understand him, which really helps. ::yes:: Jen and Claire said they have had Peter as a cruise director 7 or 8 times now.

I watch this every single day when I cruise, it is very informative. All you have to do is turn on the tv, press the Watch TV button and then it automatically plays on that start-up channel. I often will catch it in the middle but then I just watch until I get to the same part as it just plays on repeat.

129.jpg

Once I was done watching the whole round of GMDM, I put it on the map and watched as it scrolled through more interesting information. I love knowing where we are and how fast we're going. Is it just me? :goodvibes :rolleyes1

131.jpg

Just before noon, we headed up to Palo. Kira was lounging in bed but made it to Vibe shortly thereafter. Unfortunately, none of the Vibe activities start until around noon, even on a sea day. I wish Disney would figure out that not all teenagers sleep until noon. :rolleyes:

132.jpg

133.jpg

134.jpg

We checked in but opted not to sit down until Jen, Claire and Skip were here. We admired the gorgeous tile work until then.

135.jpg

When Jen and I were on the Magic last year, we went to Palo and had an amazing server name Srdjan. We found out later on Facebook that Srdjan was really good friends with our server Cris! :teeth:

So, while we were making sure we had Cris as a server yesterday, we also checked to make sure we got Srdjan for our Palo Brunch. ::yes::

Jen and I are FB friends with both Cris and Srdjan, so we had let them know we were coming and that we would be requesting them. They had both brushed up on our FB posts because they knew that Jen and I had just been on the NCL Viva together and asked us about it. Now that's going above and beyond, total class act! :smickey:

He came to greet us about half-way to the table and gave us hugs and welcomed us back. We sat down at our table and then I handed him my phone and asked him to take a selfie of us with him in it. I guess I wasn't very clear because he took this selfie. :lmao:

136.jpg

And then he took a photo of us. :goodvibes

137.jpg

So, we gave him clearer instructions and got what we wanted. :rotfl2:

138.jpg

Menu hasn't changed since last year, still has all the good stuff we love.

139.jpg

Everyone ordered an almond croissant except for me, I ordered a regular one but we all agreed that they were probably the best croissants we've ever had! 😋

140.jpg

Everyone but me enjoyed the seafood platter. I almost barfed when Srdjan placed it directly in front of me though and got a waft of the smell. I don't do seafood. 🤮

141.jpg

He brought out a bread basket as well.

142.jpg

I got my delicious celery soup, as did Claire.

143.jpg

Rob got his tomato soup.

144.jpg

Srdjan brought us a calzone to share. I don't think I have ever had this before but after sampling a small bite, I will 100% be ordering this on my next visit! Yum! 🤤

145.jpg

He also brought us a spicy sausage pizza to share.

146.jpg

Rob got the blueberry pancakes.

147.jpg

Jen and I shared the lasagna, which was amazing, as usual.

148.jpg

Claire got the steak.

149.jpg

I ordered the chicken parm and shared with both Rob and Jen.

150.jpg

Both Rob and Skip ordered the wild mushroom ravioli.

151.jpg

Jen and I asked for extra risotto that comes with the chicken parm and he did not disappoint us. :earboy2:

152.jpg

Time for dessert!

153.jpg

He brought us double Panna Cotta but we only managed to eat one.

154.jpg

Jen had the chocolate fondant.

155.jpg

Rob had the lemon citrus cake.

156.jpg

I think he brought the raspberry tart to share.

157.jpg

He also surprised us with the sticky bun, which we all ended up loving.

158.jpg

And I ordered the zabaglione.

159.jpg

He then brought out this beautiful plate to celebrate Claire's 19th birthday. :love:
640.jpg

161.jpg

162.jpg

It was now 2pm and we were all quite full and Rob and Skip were standing up and ready to leave but we hadn't signed the bill yet so we told the boys that they could go but we still weren't done and they seemed a bit inpatient so we were like, "Okay, bye!" I don't think they realized that we had not taken care of the bill yet and that we couldn't leave until that was done. :rolleyes:

So Rob and Skip left and then Srdjan grabbed our room keys and brought us the bill to sign. We tipped him extra, he was amazing!

As we were leaving, we took a peek at the private dining area (ahh, memories :teeth:) and then Srdjan called someone over and asked him to take a pic of us.

163.jpg

Srdjan then led us to the exit and patiently waited for us to sign the book and then bid us a fond farewell with another hug. :hug:

If you go to Palo on the Magic and want an amazing server, be sure to request Srdjan and tell him Jen & Cass say hello! :wave2:

I headed back to the room to get into comfy clothes and then one of us may have taken a nap. :rolleyes1

Your Palo Server and Dining Room Server both seem great. I would love to try to request both if on when I cruise. I always say I was spoiled by having the best servering team in 2008 on Magic, but those guys seem great from your youtube videos and your trip report.

Holy cow, graduating?!?! I’ve been reading your reports for years, but that still snuck up. Congrats to her, but man what a huge change. Hope she loves her college experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter