Cass, Rob & Kira - Disneyland June 2023 - "Our lights! Our watches! Our bands!"

That chicken sandwich can be great or just....off. I think because of the size of the chicken it can end up being dry. Our first time it was delicious, second one the next day not so good. We were a group of 6 on that trip, 4 adults and 2 teens and we all shared that darn chocolate bar lol

You are really great at noticing all the details!! :love:

Glad Rob found a jacket! Those ears did look pretty darn adorable on him :rotfl2::rolleyes1:love:

I just realized that I never replied to some of the comments! Ugh! Too focused and just kept writing I guess! :duck::scared::laughing:

Yes, it's too bad they aren't consistent right? It was sooo good the first time! I think they also didn't give us as much coleslaw as the first time so I think that made it drier too!. I would definitely eat it again though! :rotfl:

The attention to details is what makes Disney so great and sets them apart! :worship::love:

Hahaha, they did but he would never wear them but I'm glad he's game for trying them on. :p

That bun?!?! :confused3:scratchin:eek::laughing:

I just realized that I never replied to some of the comments! Ugh! Too focused and just kept writing I guess! :duck::scared::laughing:

Yes, that tiny, two-bite bun! :sad2::rolleyes2 Come on Disney! :rotfl:

Fun updates!

Pirates was closed when we were there so we missed out on that one. Some sort of refurb or repairs, I forget why. It closed only a couple days before we got there.

I wanted to try the Matterhorn but my hubby won't go near most roller coasters or thrill rides of any kind. I'm not a huge thrill person but I will go on a regular coaster if it doesn't go upside down.

I didn't realize there were other flavors of Dole Whip there. I have had other flavors locally but not at Disney. Strawberry sounds good right about now (or a Mango/pineapple swirl... :love: )

We really enjoyed the Webslingers ride it was pretty fun.

That bun is so tiny, LOL Is that the gimmick, with the enlarging and shrinking? Enlarge the chicken, shrink the bun? You need 3 or 4 buns for that one. :rotfl:

Oh no, sorry you missed it! Pirates is...essential! ::yes::

You should have gone without him! It has a single rider line that goes really fast! Just brace yourself for impact. :lmao:

We were really missing the raspberry! It goes SO well with the pineapple! But strawberry was a nice replacement! :earboy2:

Webslingers really is fun!!

Yeah, that's their schtick, some stuff is really small and some stuff is really big. It is cute but I wish they give you an option for a regular size bun for those of us who don't care about Instagram. :rotfl2:

Love your report. We stayed two night at the GCH back in Dec and had a corner room in the same hallway you were on. We may have been a floor higher? We didn't have any trouble with noise but it was COLD when we were there so there really wasn't anyone in the pool and I don't remember hearing piano. Also it was supposed to be a theme park view? I mean we could see the ferris wheel but that was really a stretch for theme park view.

I loved GCH for how easy it was to pop in from the parks. I do wish we stayed CL because DH is kind of over disney in general and he was in the room a lot. Plus it would have been easy to pop back quick. The only thing is that it is huge compared to the WL which is what we are more used to.

We only had one park day as part of larger Cali trip but DD12 and I really want to try it again. My brain could not comprehend the paper ticket thing not using your hotel card thing, every time I had to tell myself what I needed to get in. :confused3 :rotfl2:

I am glad to hear that you didn't have any noise issue. Once I heard the piano playing, I started to remember that it was pretty annoying the last time we stayed here. :rotfl2:

And yeah, that would not constitute a theme park view! Those rooms are so much more expensive too!

Ohhh Concierge at the Grand Cal, now that is the way to go! :thumbsup2

Hahahaha, the things we get used to at WDW, right? :rotfl2:

Is it easier to get on that parking lot bus from Suncoast or is walking better? You know...just research purposes. LOL

There's no stops on the Toy Story shuttle so no, don't get on it! :rotfl:

But it should only be about a 12 minute walk, which is roughly the same as walking over to the Disneyland Hotel, just not in the Disney bubble. :cool:

Im so intrigued by Buzz Lightyear! Do you know what he was searching for? I’m wondering if it could be bedbugs….

Thanks for an awesome report!

I'm fairly certain Buzz was there to detect bed bugs but I'm no expert! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the kind words! :flower:

We were gone on vacation the last 2 weeks, so I just binged the entire rest of this report!! I can't wait to go to Disneyland someday; everything just looks so amazing! Love your upgraded airplane experience on the way home--flying is SO not my favorite, but those seats and extra touches sure make it more enjoyable!

Hope you had a great vacation! I hope you get to Disneyland sooner than later, it really is magical! pixiedust:

Your trip report was absolutely amazing! And I loved all your aerial photos, man, great shots!

your writing style is very warm and friendly, I feel like I know your whole family! Glad you had a wonderful journey!

Awww, thank you for the lovely comments! :goodvibes

Glad you enjoyed this adventure! :thumbsup2

I have just uploaded my first vacation video! :cool1:

If you've read this report then obviously it's going to feel somewhat repetitive but it's definitely worth watching! Kira's personality really shines through in these videos and well, I think she's quite fabulous. :p:rotfl: Rob is pretty fabulous too and his awesome weirdness also shines through. :teeth:

These videos are 4K and I find that YouTube often does not play the highest quality version, so make sure to click on the settings button (looks like a gear) and change it to 4K. :thumbsup2:cool2:

Enjoy! 8-)

I cannot tell you how much I am enjoying your videos!!! Absolutely love your trip reports and following along with your wonderful family.

A nice long cruise on a new-to-us cruise line. :goodvibes:teeth:

I can't post it here, it's against the rules but I am sure you can google me. :upsidedow
Think it's the first new cruise line for me since 2001 (RC?), and I google you ALL the time :rolleyes1

Thanks for posting the videos! Kira's joy and happiness throughout made me tear up (especially meeting Chewie - I'm like that, too!)

:love:

I cannot tell you how much I am enjoying your videos!!! Absolutely love your trip reports and following along with your wonderful family.

Awww, how sweet of you to say! Thanks so much! :flower: :hug:

Think it's the first new cruise line for me since 2001 (RC?), and I google you ALL the time :rolleyes1

Stalker! :rotfl:

Thanks for posting the videos! Kira's joy and happiness throughout made me tear up (especially meeting Chewie - I'm like that, too!)

:love:

Yes, that's why I love the videos, you can really see her personality and she truly is an awesome kid! :goodvibes

Thanks for watching! :thumbsup2

I just saw you posted Disneyland Part 1 on YouTube and rushed right over here to see if you did a trip report! I am so excited. I can't wait to start reading.
My daughter and I are going to Disneyland in November.

I just saw you posted Disneyland Part 1 on YouTube and rushed right over here to see if you did a trip report! I am so excited. I can't wait to start reading.
WOW! Thanks for the heads-up. Gotta go over there and check out some videos. :thumbsup2

Last edited:
Fantastic finish to a fantastic report! :worship: :hug:

Thank you kindly! :hug:

Oh wow, you found the videos before the trip report! That's unusual. :rotfl: I shall be returning in November with some friends! Have fun! :thumbsup2

WOW! Thanks for the heads-up. Gotta go over there and check out some videos. :thumbsup2

Just the same ones I posted above. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter