Caskbill's Memorial Service - Tuesday 6/16/09

I am fairly new to the DVC community, but wanted to express my condolences to Caskbill's family.

Wow, been off the DIS for a week or so. Just saw this information and am saddened by the news. Peggy, Mike and the rest of the family are in my prayers. What a true gentlemen he was.

i just wanted to offer our condolences.............

your Dad will be missed by the many, many people whose lives he's touched here. i hope the knowledge that he really did make a difference helps you & your family through the sadness.
our thoughts & prayers are with you :sad2:

Zion National Park
The non-profit partner for Zion National Park is the Zion National Park Foundation, which is the fundraising arm of the Zion Natural History Association. The foundation was just formed in 2007, so I'm sure donations there would be greatly appreciated.

Their web URL is www.zionpark.org/foundation. This is the official fundraiser specifically designated by the Superintendent of Zion National Park and it is a non-profit.

I can tell you from personal experience that the benefit of donating directly to a specific park is that the expenditures are decided at the local level with direct input from the local park managers. Therefore, expenditures tend to be more focused on the precise needs of that park, rather than some national or regional initiative.

Bryce Canyon National Park
I'll research further through our sources here at Everglades on Monday, but I was not able to find a separate non-profit for Bryce Canyon. When I do a search, all I get is the National Parks Foundation. NPF accepts donations for many of the parks which don't have their own non-profits.

For anyone who wants to learn more about either of these beautiful places, the individual park websites are as follows:

Zion: www.nps.gov/zion
Bryce: www.nps.gov/brca

Jim, could you find out about the possibility of a memorial bench and what it would take? You seem to have a lot of infor about the NPF, and I think we should pursue this.

Thanks to you all for your support in our time of need. My Dad's favorite park was Zion National Park in Utah with Bryce Canyon National Park being a close second. He and my Mom Peg both enjoyed all the trails in this little piece of heaven on earth. As a family we spent a lot of time in Great Smokey Mountains National Park while my sister Kathy and I were growing up. Both of us were given a life long love of the wilderness by our times spent here. I am an avid backpacker because of my Dad, who always wished he could have come with me my long hikes. So if you are able to make a donation to any of these three parks, I know my Dad would have been very grateful. Again, thanks for all the support, it has really helped the family as we mourn the greatest man I have ever known. Mike Neth, CaskBill's Son

Mike, thank you for posting. I am very saddened by your father's death. He was very helpful to me when deciding whether to buy DVC. Seeing his photo was just so bittersweet to me. He looks like a very kindhearted man as he was that, here on the DIS.
I live close to the Smokies and will honor your father's memory when I go up to tremont or Cades Cove. God bless your entire family. I know what it is to miss a great man, you will miss him always.

I have been off the boards for a couple weeks and I am in shock. Bill helped me many times over the years... I will miss you Bill.

Dear DVC Family and Friends-
Right now I and my family are trying to prepare for the first part of our "send off to the
5th park" my soulmate of 36 years , their father..and brother on Tuesday night. Your graciousness and sincerity have lodged in our hearts where we feel only loss currently.
All we know is that this pouring out of thoughts and prayers has truly stunned us. It
is wonderful to know that all Bill's hours, thoughtfulness, and devotion to DVC and making familes experiences at WDW a good time for all was appreciated by many for just what it was----the teacher and guide that Bill was to us all. I should have known Bill's
Disney Spirit when we went there to Disneyland on our honeymoon all those many years ago. Please know it is my intention to leave Bill's programs in their current state and accessible for all to see/and use. Bill was the computer guru of the family....having been on personal computers for over 30 years......his work will have to rest on its current laurels....because of my lack of knowledge and skill in this area.

Please know sincerely that your words and memories have touched us and eased our pain and loss in a significant way.

Good luck in all your Disney magical experiences today and in years to come.
Bill's Wife--Peg

Peg.....please know that Bill and I have had you and your family in our thoughts the past few days. We also traveled to Disney......however, not Disneyland, but, WDW, for our honeymoon....30 years ago. I can't relate to your feelings right now, but, please know we are thinking of you. We do hope to see you again at some point in the future at one of the DVC resorts.

Peg,
The candle I planned to light at my church this weekend for Bill's recovery turned into a memorial candle instead. Blessings to you and your family--and thanks for sharing Bill with all of us.

Dear DVC Family and Friends-
Right now I and my family are trying to prepare for the first part of our "send off to the
5th park" my soulmate of 36 years , their father..and brother on Tuesday night. Your graciousness and sincerity have lodged in our hearts where we feel only loss currently.
All we know is that this pouring out of thoughts and prayers has truly stunned us. It
is wonderful to know that all Bill's hours, thoughtfulness, and devotion to DVC and making familes experiences at WDW a good time for all was appreciated by many for just what it was----the teacher and guide that Bill was to us all. I should have known Bill's
Disney Spirit when we went there to Disneyland on our honeymoon all those many years ago. Please know it is my intention to leave Bill's programs in their current state and accessible for all to see/and use. Bill was the computer guru of the family....having been on personal computers for over 30 years......his work will have to rest on its current laurels....because of my lack of knowledge and skill in this area.

Please know sincerely that your words and memories have touched us and eased our pain and loss in a significant way.

Good luck in all your Disney magical experiences today and in years to come.
Bill's Wife--Peg

It's so good to see you posting Peg, but I wish your first post wasn't under the current circumstances. I hope we still continue to see you here on the DIS and at WDW! Prayers for your strength during the coming 48 hours and the adjustments you will be making afterwards as well.

Peg, thanks so much for sharing your thoughts here on the boards - and for sharing Bill these past 8+ years.

The collective thoughts and prayers of his DIS family are with you and your family.

My prayers remain with Bill's family during this terribly difficult time. May the Lord give them comfort and bring to mind all sorts of fond memories of Bill for them to treasure. :hug:

Jim, could you find out about the possibility of a memorial bench and what it would take? You seem to have a lot of infor about the NPF, and I think we should pursue this.
I'll be happy to assist any way I can with whatever memorial the family decides they'd like to see. I'm not sure what the best venue would be, but I'll certainly be happy to help no matter what or where it is.

I continue to pray for you and your family, Peg. I have read through the threads for Bill over the last few days with so much sadness for your family, yet I'm filled with happiness for you all that you've been blessed to have had such a wonderful person in your life. If he has impacted my life and made me feel such a sadness at his loss - and I've only read his helpful words and witnessed his personality on a computer screen - I can't imagine the man he must have been for those who had the pleasure of knowing him personally.

Our hearts and prayers go out to his family during this time. We would love to particpate in a memorial bench or plaque for him at well. It seems like such a fitting tribute to have something for all to see.

For anyone wishing to make a donation in memory of Bill, I used the website for Zion that JimMIA thoughtfully provided. I then sent an email to one of the people from the "contact us" info on the website letting them know that the donation was in memory of Bill. They responded back today to let me know that they would send a card letting them know that a donation was made in Bill's memory. I gave them the funeral home's address (with Peggy's name at the top) for them to send it to.

I have been away from the Boards for a while and was stunned when I saw this thread. Bill was one of the first people to help me and my family when we started looking at DVC many years ago. I appreciate smart people who can laugh, especially at themselves. I always appreciated Bill and he will be missed.

HBC (Chuck)

Dear Diane ,Webmaster Doc, Jim C and Nancy, and JimMIA-

I have followed your conversations with others and your kind consideration of all that Bill has done for the DISboards....he would have not done it any other way. When they talk of the "kindness of strangers"...Bill was the "master via the internet". He loved helping and aiding the newbie or the person perplexed with a problem....it was the "teacher/ guide in him" that came alive as Don Quixote to the "impossible dream"...somehow through his words and actions.....that is what Bill sought to accomplish...to make the "impossible DVC dream a reality on earth" through his efforts and problems solving. My sweet William was the most thoughtful , genuine man I have every known....the only rivals were my own father, and my best friend"s husband and soulmate ,Bob.

Through our many moves and trials...he was always optimistic about its outcome...if based on his "work ethic"...he would toil until it was done right.....and you in the DVC family recognized this ethic. Thank you Pete for all your efforts and consideration...as when you opened the moderator position Bill....it lite up his soul and his purpose. Please know that this was truly what Bill loved and meant to do.

Bill's Wife--Peg

My heartfelt condolences to Bill's family. Bill has alway been there to offer me some great advice with regards to DVC!!! Thanks Bill.........you will always be remembered and missed. May God watch over your family. Rest in peace my friend.

Today Bill is moving to his final resting place. I can't be there in person, but I will be there in spirit and will be saying a prayer for him about that time. I'd encourage the rest of you to do the same.

Thanks Peg, for sharing him with us over these past few years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter