Caskbill

I just wanted to send my condolences as well. I'm so sorry to hear this. We left on our trip on the 12th so I didn't see any posts on it until today. He will be sorely missed by the DVC community and I'm sure many others.

:( Such a nice guy- and so talented. Very sad news. Continued warm thoughts and prayers to Bill's family.

We are so sorry to hear the news. Your family is in our paryers. We appreciate all that he did for the boards.

I was returning from Indianapolis on Monday and was merging from I465 to I-70 west and I looked to my right and there was a reminder of CaskBill....The double trailered Semi from Batesville Casket Company. Instantly thought of Bill and put a little smile on my face.
How funny a semi loaded with caskets, but all I saw was Bill!....Shawnpirate:
For those that didn't know I was informed Bill worked for that company....

I have been swamped the past few months and have been off of the DIS during that time. Right now I am at the front desk covering for one of my secretaries who is at lunch and thought I'd jump online to catch up. This is the first that I have heard about Bill's death.

I enjoyed the few discussions I've had with him over the years. I will definitely keep his wife and family in my prayers.

We're only on this earth a short time, but knowing that doesn't make the passing away of others that much easier.

Rest in peace, Bill...

Dan- Bill and I enjoyed all the many DIS gatherings we attended over the years. The best part of all was seeing the diversity of all who "loved Disney and DVC". I have been swamped with getting through all the many details and still am in the midst of taking care of many more. Bill would have been honored about the DISboards going dark during his visitation. He was shocked and surprised before that about all the messages to get well before we came home for what became his final days. Thank you one and all for making the last 8 years truly memorable in Bill's life. He loved informing, guiding, and problem solving and all of you shared your situations and you gave Bill and opportunity to become what we knew him as "the master of the impossible...to possible beginnings."

I will soon be taking my own signature on the DISboards to reply to some very special people in our Disney Vacation Club ownership group. I am not the "guru" that my talented husband was on the computer or with programing...but did accompany him to many Disney locations over the years.

Thank you again for all the prayers, thoughts, and remembrances that you have sent to me and my family. They have given us some very happy memories of my husband and his gentle ways of helping all who asked.

Bill's Wife-
Peg

CarolAnnC-

Thanks for putting a link to Bill's memorial that was viewed by people who logged on while the DISboards went dark during his visitation. It's still hard to imagine I won't hear his voice from the computer room....while he worked away as monitor and software creator. He would be very surprised that I spend as many hours as I do , currently, just where he sat.

Thank you again for providing the link so that the message could be shared by others.
Bill's wife-
Peg

CarolAnnC-

Thanks for putting a link to Bill's memorial that was viewed by people who logged on while the DISboards went dark during his visitation. It's still hard to imagine I won't hear his voice from the computer room....while he worked away as monitor and software creator. He would be very surprised that I spend as many hours as I do , currently, just where he sat.

Thank you again for providing the link so that the message could be shared by others.
Bill's wife-
Peg

Peg,
I'm glad you are posting. In a way, it's another honor for Bill!

CarolAnnC-

Bill's wife-
Peg

Peg, It's wonderful to see you active on the DIS. Please remember that we are all here to help should you need anything. :grouphug:

Bill

I haven't had a chance to respond to this post. I kept reading all of the updates and was hoping he would get better. I was saddened to read of his passing. He was so young. My prayers go out to the whole family.

I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to post yet. My prayers go out to you in your time of grief. :grouphug:

CarolAnnC-

Bill's wife-
Peg

You are most welcome. We at the DIS will always continue to "hear" his voice as the legacy he has left here will go on..

Hugs to you during this most difficult time..

Peg,

You are in our thoughts & prayers! I'm sure Bill is looking down with a smile as he sees you interacting with us here on the DisBoards.

I use the Caskbill programs weekly to plan (and dream) about DVC trips, I so appreciate Bill's work on those programs. With 300 posts and counting on this thread, it is so obvious the kind of admiration we all had for Bill here on the Disboards. When someone makes such an impact on the world and others, it inspires me to think of the legacy I want to leave behind as well!

:hug: Amber

As a newbie on the boards, Caskbill's signature on a post meant fact. He was the authority, and is missed terribly. I wish I could thank him again for the advice and information he gave me. I will keep his wife and family in my prayers.:angel:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter