Cases of water

They "request" that you carry it on so that it doesn't leak and destroy someone else's luggage during the rough handling. You can use a small wheeled luggage cart.

No, all liquids like water, soft drinks, adult beverages are supposed to be in your carryon.

Not sure why you would want to bring cases of water on board with you though. Perhaps you're thinking of the taste of Florida water and are afraid that the ship's water will be as bad? Its not. In fact, the ship's water is made the same way the bottled water is made and tastes just as good.

I have always put it in checked luggage. We take it because it is easier to grab a water to walk around in the heat without having to run up to the soda machine. I do carry my wine bottles in carry on.

Will Disney allow you to check in a case of water with your luggage?

As previously stated, you will need to carry it on.

My advice is to avoid the hassle and just bring refillable bottles with you. The water on the ship is filtered and tastes just as good if not better than bottled water. We learned after our first cruise to just bring our refillable bottles with us.

Not sure why you would want to bring cases of water on board with you though. Perhaps you're thinking of the taste of Florida water and are afraid that the ship's water will be as bad? Its not. In fact, the ship's water is made the same way the bottled water is made and tastes just as good.

We always bring a case of water on with us not necessarily for when we are on the ship but for when we are at port off the ship. With 6 of us its much cheaper for us to tote a case of water than pay $3 a bottle while at port. We also bring refillable bottles/cups and drink the water while on board but its nice to have water in the fridge in the room if you run out in your refillable bottle in the middle of the night! Now people who bring on their own soda.... now that I don't understand....

We have checked our case of water in the past when I didn't know you weren't suppose to. Not a huge deal. It was packed with a pack of capri sun for the kids to have while at port and all arrived fine with no leaks. I bought a rolling tote bag and will use that to carry on what we need this time. Kind of a pain to get it on the security scanner but we won't have a stroller this time so all should be fine. :)

On our past 2 cruises DBF and I have carried on water...it's kind of a pain to carry it around (we would bring a decent amount as I don't like soda so don't drink anything besides water.)
My next cruise I'm surprising my mom and I think I'm just going to order the water to be in our room beforehand...avoid either of us having to carry it since it always made DBF carry it lol.
Hey now we will have more room for wine! :cool1:

I loooove the tap water on the ship if it was bottled I would buy it.... Well prolly not but I do like the tap water

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Umm... Just a thought but since a case if water is more than 3 ounces and won't fit in a 1 ounce ziplock bag, you probably can't carry it on...

Unless I'm missing something major here!

Umm... Just a thought but since a case if water is more than 3 ounces and won't fit in a 1 ounce ziplock bag, you probably can't carry it on...

Unless I'm missing something major here!

For flying, no, you cannot carry on a case of water.

However, when boarding the ship, there is not 3-1-1 rule. DCL requests at all beverages be carried on, not in checked bags.

I have always put it in checked luggage. We take it because it is easier to grab a water to walk around in the heat without having to run up to the soda machine. I do carry my wine bottles in carry on.

Now I know who is responsible for my luggage getting wet last cruise :(:(

No, all liquids like water, soft drinks, adult beverages are supposed to be in your carryon.

interestingly not all of the water is MADE on a the ship... Over 300 Million Gallons are pumped on board annually from southern Florida, not to mention other ports that the water has been tested, why?? b/c it's cheaper per gallon for pumped on water than to make the water and pump the necessary chemicals into it... Now obviously they can't carry all the water needed for a long trip but it would make business sense to minimize your costs as much as possible and carry what you can and make as little as possible. Not to mention most waters off shores are among the most polluted so you would want to make sure you had some reliable fresh water available when coming and going from highly polluted areas

For the convenience I bring bottled water just take a standard carry-on with wheels, you don't want to have to carry a case of water with you

In fact, the ship's water is made the same way the bottled water is made and tastes just as good.

The bottles to be purchased on the ship are Evian, which is not municipal water put through a filter. It's quite delicious.

We tried to drink the swill-water on the ship and it was making us sick (we drink a LOT of water). Finally bought a package of Evian and felt better inside of a very short amount of time. Bought 2 or 3 more packages. Worth every penny. (especially now that I find out RCCL charges $50 more for the same amount of Evian that DCL does! yikes!)

OP, put it in a nice roll-aboard that's carryon size and it will be fine. Don't endanger the belongings of other people by checking it.

Could you just bring empty bottles and fill them and place in your room's chiller? Take with you to port.

Just for the record, if it does leak, you will be charged for any cleaning costs.:thumbsup2

Yes we saw it happen once on the Magic to the cabin next to us. It was a rather .....hmmmm......intense discussion with a CM manger who came by with their bag , with a broken liquor bottle in it, which wet down another guests bag.

AKK

Wonder Nov. 16th, Galveston: Put luggage tag on case was delivered to room. Was not inside luggage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter