• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Carthay Lounge

gottalovepluto

DIS Veteran
Search is failing me tonight 🤦🏻‍♀️ Is Carthay Lounge functioning as a bar again? I see you can reserve Carthay lounge alfresco. But can you just stop by and wait in line for a bit and then sit in the bar and grab a drink like Pre-Covid times? Used to love grabbing a drink and soaking up the atmosphere in the lounge for a break.

Search is failing me tonight 🤦🏻‍♀️ Is Carthay Lounge functioning as a bar again? I see you can reserve Carthay lounge alfresco. But can you just stop by and wait in line for a bit and then sit in the bar and grab a drink like Pre-Covid times? Used to love grabbing a drink and soaking up the atmosphere in the lounge for a break.
The last time we ate at CCL (mid-January), we were seated at the bar. We did have a reservation, so I don't know if there is a walk-up list.

The Walk-Up List is available in the app. (Not sure if you can join it in person.) One thing I'm not sure about - if the walk-up list would put you outside, or if the bar would be an option.

I ate at the bar in late January. (I had a reservation, but the walk-up list was available that day.) The person sitting next to me identified themselves as a "regular", and the bartender referred to her "regulars", so I'm assuming it might function bar-ish. (We were both eating food, though, so your mileage may vary. If I'd just ordered a beverage, I think they would've been fine with it.)

Did you have reservations for the Carthay restaurant or the Carthay alfresco dining?
From my post: CCL = Carthay Circle Lounge (now called Alfresco Dining). More recently, in October, we were offered a table in the bar area, but chose to sit outside.

Last edited:
You can either make a reservation or get on the walk up list for Carthay Alfesco dining and get seated at the bar. I went with my daughter in August and got on the walk up list but opted to wait longer so we could have an inside table since it was hot. We got seated in the bar area (but not at the bar since she is 3) and it was like pre-covid times just with a different name. You don't have to order food if you don't want and can still request to wait for a seat at the bar. I love going in there for a break in the air conditioning away from the noise of the parks. So refreshing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter